So today's auction, huh? Lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So today's auction, huh? Lol

What a total waste of time! I was so bummed, I mean congrats to the sellers, but everything went for such a high price! I couldn't believe it, not to mention it was mainly masks and lights and sound, I bid on a few things but didn't win. Definitely had cool stuff but woahhhh was it like buying new!

what auction?
    Phatman

Comment

I got the only 3 good deals in the auction. The 3 doors, the double retails for $1500 and the two singles sell for $650 got the then for $130 each. Every thing else went for more than show pricing after you figure in 15% auction premium and tax. Don't understand it. If I can't buy at 25% of retail why buy it.
      Phatman

Comment

I should've posted the name of the auction lol but with how much they've promoted it I'm surprised you had to ask at first lol.

And those were cool! I bid on them for a bit but the shipping outweighed the cost for me at a certain time. But yeah! I was surprised, my limit on everything was half show price (reasonable) but with how it went they probably MADE money liquidating their assets lol they probably got them for a steal, especially all the zagone stuff, and I only wanted the gloves but they were going for more than I wanted to pay at auction price. Ohwell! Good for the sellers!

Comment

My thoughts exactly Bobby. I got a few things as well but the majority of the stuff was at or higher than I can get new and, in most case, free shipping. Like you said, good for the seller...made me think about getting rid of a few things
          Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Who started bidding high ? Why were there no deals ????

In this economy, this stuff shoulda went cheap !!!!!! Ugh !!!!! Details, please. This is terrible !!!!

Comment

If you are talking about the sale in Omaha-- I was there---you are correct almost EVERYTHING went very high ----mainly the internet bidders drove up the prices. By the way the swing doors are items we sell every day in my restuarant equipment business---average price $100 to $150 each. Most haunt items went for new or near new prices.

Comment

Well think about it... its on the heels of the season. Even vendors jack up the prices when you order late so people expect that because they want something fast. Not surprised. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Well if that's the case Ross, you gotta email me and help me get an order of those doors lol

And that's a good point Larry, even we make a price breakdown per month, and we aren't that big!

For the Internet bidders....that's funny, it kept showing up as "ONSITE-bid" every time I placed a bid, when someone online placed a bid it differentiated. I just thought someone there just had a ton of cash and wanted to open a haunt overnight! Haha

Comment

Too rich for my blood

I bid on a few things to see where it was going but when I looked a week ago the prices were already getting up there. I do these auctions all the time, and get some awesome deals on stuff for the haunt, but this stuff was way too high for auction prices. Maybe it was because it was a haunted house, maybe the season is upon us ...... too rich for my blood! Back to the other auctions!
                    Travis "Big T" Russell
                    President
                    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                    X