Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    We are still working... trying to build a very very elaborate crypt I'm going to use real marbel panels, and everything. We are going for the most real thing you can put your hands on... we are also really close to finishing the reaper room. Tickets are on sale now at www.thedarkness.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14738[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14741[/ATTACH]
    I asked a question about the darkness. Care to answer Larry? Seems odd nobody can reply

Comment

What was the question
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Check out the video for the all new Darkness Haunted House Tour in March here Get your tickets today at www.thedarkness.com
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          What was the question
          I asked if the darkness has any elevators or "Hellevator "? My group of transworld goers has some elevator phobias

Comment

Originally posted by Hauntguy311 View Post
            I asked if the darkness has any elevators or "Hellevator "? My group of transworld goers has some elevator phobias
            Last two years I've gone they had one but not in the traditional "walk into elevator, door closes, elevator goes wild" way. It's more of a walk through one door and out the other side while the elevator shakes. Kinda awkward really cause that's not how you'd board/exit an elevator, but it's cool. Video screen on the ground, undoubtedly pale night if I had to guess.
            O'Shawn McClendon
            Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Oh that's cool. I just watched the video and I must say wow Larry! The mansion idea will be a winner for sure!

Comment

There is a walk through you walk right through it... we've never had any Hellevator or whatever that is. Way back in the day and we are talking 18 years ago I think we had these double elevators we built that people got in prior to enter the darkness. We sold them like 10 years ago. So no sir! Sorry didn't see your comments or questions. Larry

PS: Going to Darkness tonight. I will be there for some time and will take many more pics so stay tuned! We will also make another videos because even when I made that its already out dates... we only shot it last week. Things are going fast! Our goal is to be done end of this this month.
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Larry the blown out ceilings are bad ass especially.
                  Have you thought about doing CGI effects above them? or are you going to backlight them from far away? It created such depth to the scene, great work!
                  Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

NO CGI FX... not this year. The original plan was to do CGI FX but time is running out and we are working on CGI FX for the Halloween Show. I didn't think it would be easy to display something like that at the show and I thought not many people would care for it so I moved on to something else. I want to do it and maybe next year. Our other idea was to put another room over it so as if there was another floor to the haunt. We may do that next year. Who knows.

Thanks for the questions... they are good ones!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

This just in... as I stated many times before Unit 70 is making us a TON of new stuff... the garage scene will have several animated dogs. Here are the dogs! What do you think? Larry

ddd.JPGphoto.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Uhm Larry.......what's that in the background?? Lol

Comment

Does this thing sell out quick? My wife and I REALLLY wanna do the behind the scenes lights on tour as we are attending transworld but unfortunately can't get our tickets for this until middle of Feb!! I don't mind paying a little more if i have to BUT i definately dont wanna miss this! Darkness AND LEMP lights on tour??!!! And i must say the darkness looks to be the best , most detailed haunt i've ever seen in my life. I'm sure itll be amazing. Great job Larry and crew.

Comment

We are just getting more and more detail work... the garage is really starting look awesome but I took pictures that are way to dark so I can't show you that really. All anyone is really working on now is detail detail detail... we have two big construction projects left a crypt and a facade.

Right now we are working on detailing every scene. So as I upload pictures of the kitchen maybe you can pick up things that have got done to it since the last photo. There are MANY things you won't see until you come because I'll get getting several props from companies at the last minute. I have like 50,000 worth of props coming in from companies. So in the end it will look simply awesome! You'll also notice our facade getting better and better.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

To answer your question... the dog pictures are from Unit 70 Shop I don't have them yet. Secondly yes you can get your tickets next month. They are not close to sold out yet but we have a limit on everything and it will sell out.

Larry
                            DSC02864.JPGDSC02885.JPGDSC02887.JPGDSC02888.JPGDSC02890.JPG
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Here are a few more pictures. Tickets are cheaper if you buy them now. www.TheDarkness.com

I can only tell you this and I totally mean it... our company has NEVER EVER done detail work this good EVER before. This is simply the best carpentry, and detail work we've EVER DONE PERIOD! Nothing we've ever done tops this! EVER!

When you walk through you'll be like this is totally unreal ... you can't soak up all the detail its just overwhelming! If you have a haunted mansion if you have a graveyard scene or anything like that you will be blown totally away. When you see the crypts we are building we are using real marble tiles, we are using real everything. Its crazy ... its our 20th year so what the hell. LOL

It will be a while before I can show you the crypts they won't be done probably until end of next week but they will be mind blowing... this is the last thing we are building. Not much to see yet but here is a picture anyway. The crypts will include some custom CGI FX as well.

DSC02865.JPGDSC02869.JPGDSC02882.JPGDSC02891.JPGDSC02894.JPG

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Amazing detail, the front porch looks very nice.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X