No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our next few projects... one you can see an entire hallway lined up with vines and stuff. That is one huge project we will be working on this coming week. Second to that we will to building this facade you see here... we probably won't start that until next week but once we do start it will go quickly. I already posted a picture of what it will look like in a previous email. This week we'll focus 110% on building this crypt which is probably the smallest room we are building but yet the most complicated. It will feature two custom CGI FX, we are using real tiles to make it and its just a tough project for some reason. It should be completed by the end of this coming week. So as we go on this week I'll hit you up with photos of the crypt build out.

I just wanted to say if you take the FRIDAY TOUR I will be giving those tours myself with some of my staff... we will be talking about HOW we made things. So for example if we are standing in the crypt once you see it you might be a little shellshocked about all the detail we will put into it...

So you might want to know exactly how we did it where we got the materials how we obtained the look and so forth... we will tell you!

So its really more like a LIVE seminar with myself and staff.

That is limited to like the first 150 people I think. It's already half sold out.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
      Our next few projects... one you can see an entire hallway lined up with vines and stuff. That is one huge project we will be working on this coming week. Second to that we will to building this facade you see here... we probably won't start that until next week but once we do start it will go quickly. I already posted a picture of what it will look like in a previous email. This week we'll focus 110% on building this crypt which is probably the smallest room we are building but yet the most complicated. It will feature two custom CGI FX, we are using real tiles to make it and its just a tough project for some reason. It should be completed by the end of this coming week. So as we go on this week I'll hit you up with photos of the crypt build out.

I just wanted to say if you take the FRIDAY TOUR I will be giving those tours myself with some of my staff... we will be talking about HOW we made things. So for example if we are standing in the crypt once you see it you might be a little shellshocked about all the detail we will put into it...

So you might want to know exactly how we did it where we got the materials how we obtained the look and so forth... we will tell you!

So its really more like a LIVE seminar with myself and staff.

That is limited to like the first 150 people I think. It's already half sold out.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
      Larry do you guys need any extra help? I'll help for free. I do a charity haunt and it would be interesting to just help out a big name haunt and get extra knowledge of how it's done. I'm good for just extra labor, helping hand , throwing shit away lol whatever you need. If not thanks anyway. Let me know. I got transportation and i'm 31 years old. Free grunt work! hehe

Comment

We'll always take free help!!! LOL

Okay very exciting news and many updates... for one we are going to be totally done with all build out by the end of this weekend. The last two major projects was doing these coves you see here on the first floor. It will look cool when its done. But the BIGGEST project as it turns out is this crypt we are building you see some pictures. Its VERY hard to take pictures of it because its very cramped. I can only tell you this building this crypt was and is the most complicated thing we've done during this whole project and its taking a lot longer than expected to do! This one room that is barely half way done is killing me for Transworld... its throwing off our whole entire schedule. But the good news it might be the best scene in the entire attraction. We are using real marble tiles, real decorative tiles, custom CGI FX, you name it... its costing an arm and leg just to build one damn room that is like 16 feet by 16 feet maybe! When its DONE DONE ... it will be simply put incredible! We are also working on vines, to detail work. Nothing will be done done until we get all of our new props from all the companies we ordered from.

Everything new from Unit 70 will be in the Darkness... lastly I wanted to mention that because we are going for ultimate detail one of our biggest flaws has been lighting. Well this is exactly WHY you need to come to the tour THIS YEAR... we've spent about $20,000 on lighting equipment and we'll work on it for about two weeks. We are doing EVERYTHING all kinds of FX to you name it... we are going ALL OUT! Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC02900.JPGDSC02908.JPGDSC02909.JPGDSC02911.JPGDSC02915.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Pics look Great!

Loving the pics Larry! Everything is looking amazing! I really like the last pic and the arch ect. The foilage and vines ect look very natural like they actually grew there. Nice work!
          Damon
          www.frightmasters.weebly.com
          Damon Carson

Comment

Couple things we updated this video slightly... this is a new version. Also next week we'll do another version of this video and show you more what the place looks like now. Since we did this video we actually built three more scenes and detailed all the rest. So look for that next week. Finally we are painting the crypt so there we go... its almost all detail work from here on out. By the end of next week we are hoping to have all the build out and all the painting and theming DONE! Then all that will be left is getting new props installed from vendors, and the lighting. Lastly I wanted to REMIND YOU ALL... we dropped the price of a normal ticket to $40.00 that is only 15.00 more than normal. That price is set to jump to $50.00 in FIVE DAYS! If you want tickets at cheaper prices you must order NOW! I can only tell you guys this will be the best haunt tour we've done yet on The Darkness... if you don't think so if you don't agree its the best work we've ever done in any of the FIVE YEARS I'll jump off roof onto the highway! LOL I'm pretty excited right now about the work we've done!

Two more updates our new videos How to Detail Part 4 and Top 13 Ultimate Success DVD's will be going to the duplicator by next Friday. So they will ship within 10 days or so if you want to order them go to www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Lastly Hauntworld Magazine is DONE and shipping TODAY! www.hauntedhousemagazine.com

BTW... just something of interest to you all! I hired an animator from Disneyland. He mostly fixed animations in Disney's Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. He will be on hand for our PRIVATE TOUR on Friday... you can ask him ANYTHING about the haunted mansion or any of those rides there he knows EVERYTHING and how to FIX them all! He's working at Darkness now daily!

Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Follow these photos here ... did this in ONE NIGHT! Pretty cool huh? This will be part of the facade we are doing for our new reaper room. We'll have this done next week no problem. It will be super cool when finished. Keep in mind this is NOT painted and there is a HUGE reaper that will go in front of it and we are also going to make those statues look like concrete also.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com only a couple days left for the cheaper prices!

DSC02923.JPGDSC02924.JPGDSC02927.JPGDSC02929.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Now take a look at all these photos because now they are somewhat like how to do it type photos... this is the room we've been working on ALL WEEK and its STILL NOT DONE! It will probably take another day or two to finish it. Its going to be very very detailed. We used real tiles for trim highlight, ... this room is actually further along than this but I forget to take pictures because I got ten tons of concrete in my hair from spraying it... oh well I'll get more. Get tickets now www.thedarkness.com

DSC02921.JPGDSC02922.JPGDSC02926.JPGDSC02930.JPG
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Everything is looking really good. Nice work!

DA

Comment

These photos might not seem like much but... it goes to show the length we've gone to get the detail that we are aiming for here. The first picture shows marble tile REAL BTW built over the top of bricks. Those will be the face plates on our crypt. It takes about 20 hours to build all the ones we are doing ... there won't be a single one out there more real than a real one. We are using REAL materials to build it... we are using REAL marble, we are using REAL tile to trim it and on the open faced crypt we are using REAL bricks. Additionally there will be two custom CGI fx in this room... this is probably the single most expensive room we've built.

This room will go to show you don't have to do things fake or you don't have to buy some 10,000 animation that will break five minutes later, that you can invest your money into taking time and care and build something REAL something that stands up for years to come! When you guys see this I don't know how you won't be amazed at the level of realism but more importantly you will see that ANYONE of you can DO THE SAME THING! That is our goal of this tour to help the haunted houses out there learn that real detail can be done if you really want to...

The second picture is the first picture revealed on our new endless two way mirror hallway... its not done. Sometime this week you'll see this crypt fully don't and it will be an eye opener. Its just that real looking... this is a room that is nothing but 16 foot by 16 foot and we've spent two and half weeks working on it and we are not done. The room will also feature a lot of ivy and some really incredible CGI FX. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

IMG_1085.jpegIMG_1088.jpeg
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Looking amazing Larry,

I should be coming to see you this week.
                      And I will be bringing you some extras to look at.
                      I will have a cannibal kitchen set to show you
                      something a little like this.
                      It is called "with a little cianti". A little illusion to "Silence of the lambs"
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Gore Galore; 01-27-2013, 07:45 AM.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• Listen folks ... I talked to a couple guys who said 'we went to it last year did you change anything'. Ahhh yeah... I've done it again when I said I wouldn't . I spent close to $300k on this AGAIN! And we are not even done... the money just keeps flying out the door. I can only tell you this is the most detailed stuff we've ever done period. I got more talented people helping this year, and the bigger difference is I'm doing a lot of the work myself. I have a lot of passion for set design and it will show this year. I've spared NO EXPENSE to do this hoping that the people who attend the tour get something out of it that helps their business. That is the ONLY GOAL HERE... everything we are doing YOU CAN DO! Come to the tour and learn all the details.

I do strongly suggest you take the private tour because I'll have my entire staff there including myself to guild you around and tell you how we do everything or answer any of your questions. JUST FYI... this crypt we are working on is keeping me from working on a TW booth. We are not in full week two of building this thing. We are using real brick, real marble real tile, cgi fx, walls of ivy you name it... we are blowing the roof off here. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC02948.JPGDSC02949.JPGDSC02951.JPGDSC02953.JPGDSC02957.JPG
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Hey Folks... another day at the office. Left the haunt around 3am... this crypt is going to be AWESOME simply AWESOME! You won't believe it what so ever. Its now based out in its final colors and today we'll start distressing the whole entire thing and I'll snag a couple more pictures. You can't really see what this looks like unless you come and see it for yourself because its so tight you can hardly take a picture. Additionally we are moving along on the facade we are building for our new reaper room... that will be done by Friday. Then and finally... we'll be down to about 10,000 little things, lighting and fixing the sound making sure the animations work. Lastly we'll need our props from vendors then it will really be done... more to come soon. I will tell you the detail is so real in every single scene we did I'm hoping that everyone who comes will take away a treasure trove of idea's to help you with your haunted house. www.TheDarkness.com

DSC02959.JPGDSC02966.JPGDSC02969.JPGDSC02972.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Check out this new company who will be at The Darkness tour using their machine to give you FREE TOUR PHOTOS... you heard that right. This is a new system that actually takes frames and prints photos on the spot! They have several machines out this week at the Superbowl and now they want to sell to the haunt industry. Get more details on this system here: http://www.catchthemoment.com/Pages/home.aspx

Get your tickets to the Haunted House Tour at www.thedarkness.com

Other updates... Unit 70 all the new animations and props I'm getting from them I'm picking up in about 10 days. Ghost Ride is making me a bunch of custom stuff as well will have that in 10 days. Gore Galore is making me some custom stuff and I'll have that next week.

So basically in about 14 days from now The Darkness will really start to look awesome. Additionally got all my new lighting stuff in waiting on a unit from Lights Alive... its going awesome! Also we are making a video called The Darkness 20 Years of Fear... it will be about 45 minutes long and we'll have that avail to watch soon!

I will upload several more pics tomorrow. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
                            darkness 20 years w logo.jpg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• It is getting very exciting! 2 links in one post!
                              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• Several things today... things are getting much closer. I got a call from both Bo from Unit 70 and Ghost Ride and we are getting everything within 10 days. Then you'll really see some progress... the lighting will start in about 10 days as well. Then I'll start getting some full blown finished photos for ya. Our crypt is basically done! We have to do a few more thing and its finished... NO SCENE EVER has taken this long. Its UNREAL to look at folks... I can't take good photos of it right now but you'll see if when you come. Its simply amazing flat out... best thing we've ever built. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

photo3.JPGphoto5.JPGphoto7.JPGphoto8.JPGphoto88.JPG
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X