Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing! Simply amazing!

Larry, you & your team never ceases to amaze me! I'll be able to come back in 4 years when I have my own place up & running. Can't wait to see what The Darkness will be like by then!
    Last edited by newhorror2010; 01-14-2015, 10:44 PM.
    John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

• Love the hallways. Like you, I believe success is in the details.
      You have a great team.
      Jan
      greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

• What do you think of our new logo designed by Brainstorm Studios. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com
        !cid_45F2AB9F-BF30-4DC7-8A8B-B995461AC98D@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Love the logo, hate the website.
          Tanner Phillips
          Mastermind
          The Darkest Hour
          http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

• Couple things ... I'm telling you without ANY QUESTION OR DOUBT this new Library scene we are building will be one of the most elaborate sets ever built in the industry. Its turning out crazy stupid detailed! I don't think some of you realize just how nutty we are getting here with this library. This Library just so you know is two levels see the pictures! Yes you can actually go up some stairs and get to a second level of the library which get this will feature mirrors to make it look endless. LIsten I'm not making this stuff up this library is going to be OFF THE SCALE without ANY doubt the best most detailed scene we have EVER EVER EVER built! It will feature a two level library, multiple cgi fx, animations and incredible set design. The library is coming along folks.

IMG_1385.JPGIMG_1388.JPGIMG_1390.JPGIMG_1391.JPGIMG_1392.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• A few more pictures here for you...

I'm just telling you right now if you come to this tour and you are NOT COMPLETELY BLOWN away at how far we are going you must be dead! We are doing flat out the most wide spread upgrade and renovation we've done in any of the five previous tours.

I'm going to give you a run down of all the scenes we are re-doing for this tour and all the new area's you can explore that will be different than last year!

1) We are redoing our horror museum see some pictures below it kind of shows you how its being done. There will be tons more posters, toys, autographs, monsters and well totally re-arranged.

2) We built a new actors room see some of the pictures below... the new actors room is about 3000 square feet. You can see it when you are here it features a blacklight room, hang out area for actors with couches, tons of make up stations, air brush station and much more.

3) We will have TWO different singing animated bands... our old one from the original spookyworld we have totally gutted. Its being rebuilt and wrapped it should be out in force during the tour.

4) DOWNSTAIRS: adding new entry way to The Darkness... before you walked up a ramp to get in yes its still there but now that hallway features one special fx and one massive animation. The second scene is being redone with impaled bodies and one animation, Medusa scene will get a new giant Medusa prop, all new Worm Cave, and we are upgrading our spider cave. So in total DOWNSTAIRS will have FIVE parts of the attraction changed.

5) UPSTAIRS: We are building our new Library Scene, Attic Scene, two new hallways that lead to them with animations, plus we are adding 20 animated digital sound triggers.

6) Terror Visions 3D: We are replacing ONE scene which will feature one of those bungy cord scares.

Get your tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

IMG_1369.JPGIMG_1375.JPGIMG_1383.JPGIMG_1384.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Looks great!

The museum looks more open now and less congested! Is the new actors room on the new north part of the building you have now? Do you still have the jungle downstairs for now. I knew you had it for sale at one time. Library looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing it!
                Thanks
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

• Yes more photos... like I said we are even revamping our main entrance hallway it will include this giant snake. Also shown here is one wall of the attic and the kitchen hallway we are building. By next Friday I will have all kinds of awesome photos for you!!! This is going to be without question the best darkness tour ever and I'll tell you why... the last scenes that existed before we ever did these events are now GONE! There is nothing left of The Darkness from 6 years ago... every scene over the last 6 tours has been replaced. This is it. And I'm sad to say this will probably be the last time we produce a tour. Now that The Darkness has come FULL CIRCLE this is it... we can' t keep spending this kind of money on a haunted house in a city that just has the kind of problems St Louis has right now. Furthermore our plan right now is to open our first ever Darkness haunted house in a city outside St Louis in 2015. So our focus will probably be there over the next coming years. But the here and the now this will be the best we've ever done ever! We really have saved the best for last. . I'm so freaking excited right now... later this week get prepared for some really awesome photos.

IMG_1398.JPGIMG_1401.JPGIMG_1402.JPGIMG_1403.JPG
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• That stone wall looks real, is that vacu formed plastic or foam?

Comment

• Larry I'm curious how large is your entire building?

Comment

• Couple things... I will answer your questions in a second. We have been cleaning out all of our extra stuff at Lemp and Darkness. This is just a SMALL sample of everything we have. We have something like 15 animations, some never used, probably over 75 unit 70 latex bodies, and a storage trailer at least of props, and maybe 200 or more pieces of vac form. We have had guys cleaning away for days we have filled like 3 40 yard containers throwing stuff away and figure out what we have. Its unreal! I have enough stuff to probably build a 10 to 15 thousand square foot haunted house. I might sell all this stuff... its a ton of stuff.

Secondly, we filmed more of our how to detail your haunt dvd tonight. I would say by this coming Friday I'm going to have some really amazing photos to show you. Probably by Wed or Thursday the Attic scene will actually have latex props in the room. The Attic will be almost done with props by the end of the week. The Worm Cave will be ready for hard coating by Friday. We are picking up thousands of dollars in new props end of this week from Unit 70 and Gore Galore. So stay tuned because a TON of photos are coming your way. Get your tickets NOW because we have lowered all the prices from now until February 20th.

To answer your questions sure thing... The Darkness building is now 56,000 square feet. The Darkness is technically only using about 33,000 maybe. We have a new building and we do not plan at least not currently to use the bottom floor for a haunted house however we do plan on using the second floor for a new attraction which we'll build in 2015.

Yes that wall is vac form and it looks and feels real. Originally we planned to use this real stick on stone but then decided we are putting so many props in front of that wall that vac form was okay. The vac form is strayed with concrete then painted. Larry

IMG_1376.JPGIMG_1378.JPGIMG_1379.JPGIMG_1380.JPG
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Larry, I've been to The Darkness a few times now and have been inspired greatly by your company. We're not a big company or "mega haunt" so we could never afford the $100+K to purchase your first floor. However, we would love to be able to grab a small prop from it if you're feeling generous, lol. If you have any sort of smaller gore prop or inexpensive body we'd love to buy it from you to put into the haunt and be a proud sentimental piece to have to always show "we can do better!", to always improve on what we have.

I completely understand the amount of busy-ness you have amounted on you at the moment, was just throwing it out there because "you never know until you ask"

Haunt is looking GREAT and I can't wait to see it this year.

Hacksaw

Comment

• If you decide to sell, I would be interested in the four grey bodies
                            Brett Hays, Director
                            Fear Fair
                            www.fearfair.com

Comment

• I don't really think he's wanting to piece out the stuff, and to be honest I don't blame him. But after seeing your post I realized, perhaps it'd be a good idea for him to find someone to take responsibility for getting rid of it? Like take a hired hand that is knowledgeable about selling and sell things off. That way he wouldn't have to worry about it, but at the same time, if he pieces it all out it could still take forever, and be a lasting PITA. I'd suggest if he can't sell it all together, to break it up into groups. Perhaps making "scenes" that sell. Instead of "floors", put together a certain few monsters / props, wall panels or w/e else he has together and make a group deal on it in sections.

Larry, I remember you mentioned half jokingly that you will / may open another haunt, would it be better to save some of the gear and just store it away until that time? Perhaps you could use some of the stuff you're trying to get rid of? Unless it's useless to the theme, of course.

Comment

• Here is a flyer on the haunted house tour we are doing. Check it out. I will let you guys know that we'll have a TON more photos coming this weekend. I haven't been at The Darkness the last few days because we are working on closing several attraction sales for clients. I will be down there today (Friday) and Saturday because we are shooting several all new CGI FX. Many photos coming by this weekend.

Larry

darkness_tour_2015_full_page.jpg
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X