No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are looking at more pictures of the library coming along, more props, and a new wall that is hiding our animated snake that will attack you!

Larry

20120430_175218.JPG20120505_214133.JPG20120505_214745.JPG20120505_220809.JPG20120505_220847.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• These are nothing but pictures of the worm cave and let me tell you there is a LOT that goes into this scene here. We are capturing it all on the How to detail Your Haunt 5. But yeah this scene is going to BE AMAZING!!!!!! Next week it will be hard coated, then it will take a day to base it then spray it with concrete, then paint it. By the end of next week it should be there. This scene is going to be worth the price of admission let me tell you.

NOW IF I COULD ONLY GET THAT BUM Kevin from Gore Galore to ship me that top secret worm puppet ... LOL

20120430_195128.JPG20120430_195205.JPG20120505_211344.JPG20120505_211421.JPG20120505_211517.JPG
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• More photos of the worm cave. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com for without a doubt the best haunt tour of the year. Larry

20120505_211523.JPG20120505_211534.JPG20120505_211542.JPG20120505_214454.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• BUM YOU say?
          Nahhh, I don't work morning till night damn near everyday and commited ALL my time to your projects alone the last month Larry. LOL Yes, I know you are kidding
          Coming soon Larry, coming soon.
          the head has been cast, and the armature has been started.
          The mandibles have been sculpted and the mold has been started and will be finished this week. SO, in less than 2 weeks we should see a working worm puppet that just needs to be painted. Or do you want us to get it to you unpainted too, along with your animated egg pod. I can bring it ALL to you sooner if so.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• Kevin,

Do you have pictures of the worm animation? I would like to see them. Also is this something you are planning on bringing to Transworld?

Comment

• So you hard coat the foam then also spray with concrete?
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

• Hauntfarm

We don't have video yet,
                But will soon.
                Also we WILL have one at Transworld.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com
                www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• I also wanted to mention that we are renovating our GHOUL BAND... I bought this from David Bertolino from the original Spookyworld. I bought this thing like 15 years ago maybe and it was probably created like 20 plus years ago. Originally was built by a company called VP Productions. Anyway to make a long story short we are totally renovating it adding cgi fx, repairing all the band animations, and making it look like 100 times better. We will also be wrapping the thing. Also included is a photo another prop from Unit 70.

Brett... yes when you do nothing but hard coat something then paint it it looks smooth and glossy. When you touch it it feels like plastic. If you came thru the darkness you'll find stuff carved and not coated with concrete and stuff hard coated then sprayed with concrete. The attempt is to make it feel REAL so you must give it the texture feeling of real rock. When you come to our haunt tour if you come that is, TOUCH everything and you tell me if it looks and feels real. Larry

IMG_1428.JPGIMG_1435.JPG
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                    Brett... yes when you do nothing but hard coat something then paint it it looks smooth and glossy. When you touch it it feels like plastic. If you came thru the darkness you'll find stuff carved and not coated with concrete and stuff hard coated then sprayed with concrete. The attempt is to make it feel REAL so you must give it the texture feeling of real rock. When you come to our haunt tour if you come that is, TOUCH everything and you tell me if it looks and feels real.
                    No, I totally understand what you are saying, I just assumed you did it in one step with like Senergy or went straight to concrete.
                    Brett Hays, Director
                    Fear Fair
                    www.fearfair.com

Comment

• The only way you can get concrete to stick to foam and hold is to line it with wire that takes a lot of time and on top of that you have to get it on thick. Just hard coat then go to the concrete actually somewhat easier and less messy.

Here are some more pictures of our ghoul band we are renovating.

Larry

20120507_170936.JPG20120507_170943.JPG20120507_170949.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• More pictures of the library coming along... as you can see there is a spinning scare. A suit of armor will go into that cover. This Library is taking forever... I think all construction will be done middle of next week. It will take about a week plus to paint it. As you can see as well we started working on the hallway. Lastly you'll see in one picture someone standing up on the top level this gives you an idea how tall the room is. Larry Get your tickets www.thedarkness.com

IMG_1449.JPGIMG_1450.JPGIMG_1457.JPGIMG_1458.JPGIMG_133454.JPG
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                          The only way you can get concrete to stick to foam and hold is to line it with wire that takes a lot of time and on top of that you have to get it on thick. Just hard coat then go to the concrete
                          If you don't mind sharing, what product do you use for hard coating?
                          Brett Hays, Director
                          Fear Fair
                          www.fearfair.com

Comment

• Couple more things here... first look at a CGI FX we are making for this Library. This is a very early screen shot... btw we don't see CGI FX as being scary because they are not. Some people who waste 4k buying one thinking you'll scare someone well that is your choice. We make CGI FX to really just enhance the interactive experience to make the scene seem like there are real ghosts, or something happen that can't happen otherwise.

We where the first to start creating CGI FX for haunted house, and we like them. But I do realize they don't really scare people like real actors. But we keep making them for a reason because they are just super cool! All the CGI FX we are making now are just the COOL FACTOR and this one will have tons of that when its done. Very soon you'll start seeing some video clips of the CGI FX we are making. I really think we are making the best CGI FX out there... and this new Library FX will showcase that. I think when everything is said and done the CGI FX we are doing for the library will again only enhance its very haunted appearance not scare you perse.

With that being said take a look at the photo.

PS: Brett to answer your question, we are using a hard coat from a company called CHEMLINE!

ghost_01.jpg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Bhays...If you use arcusstone there is no need for wire mesh. It has a bonding agent applied to the foam first then concrete.

After the concrete you apply the color then the penetrating sealer which absorbs into the concrete leaving a perfect stone finish. Not a plastic smooth feel at all. Like the real deal. Best product we have ever used when it comes to a concrete mix.

You have to take a class just to buy it....
                              stew

Comment

• Stew,

That sounds great. What haunt do you work with?

Thanks for the tip!

Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X