Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    replied

Creepyworld New Promo Video 2021 If you get the chance come out and see Creepyworld. www.creepyworld.com

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Check out our latest Darkness haunted house promo video. With that being said we wanted to let people know that we will more than likely do another Darkness haunted house tour for 2022 Transworld.

We're planning on creating all-new scenes and screams. So we'll see what happens. We also plan on opening a brand new 7th escape 'Jurassic Island'.

Stay tuned.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I have changed the name of this thread to ARCHIVE! The Darkness haunt tours are officially done. As stated in my previous post we'll continue to build new escape rooms and offer bookings. I'm posting a few photos of The Darkness renovation photo shoot 2021. We do plan on a major renovation to The Darkness again next year but going forward I want to do them at my own pace, and when they get finished they get finished. We already plan on doing one new massive scene downstairs and one really big scene upstairs. When we finally get to that we'll post some pictures.

I can also say now that I won't be going to the Transworld show again in 2022. I plan on going out of town for a pinball show. So I probably won't be around. The good news is I'm starting a PODCAST for the haunted house industry... finally you can actually learn something rather than all these other sapping podcasts. LOL

This podcast will be NOTHING HELD BACK... some people might get offended, some people might laugh, some people might love it and some might hate it but no one will say its not interesting.

This new podcast is coming soon to Hautnworld.com

Also a new Hauntworld Magazine is coming soon!

Larry

Darkness Pumpkins-_A9_0667(1).jpgDarkness Pumpkins-_A9_0681(1).jpgDarkness Pumpkins-_A9_0647-Edit(1).jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Okay folks here are some really cool photos of the all new Frankenstein Escape Room. We opened this just a day prior to Transworld. You guys played it first. We're planning on building yet another escape room PRIOR to Transworld 2021. I think we're going to stick with doing escape rooms, new ones for Transworld rather than haunt tours. Getting this escape room open was hard enough trust me.

Our next escape room will be the best one we've ever done I promise you... it will be the talk of the escape room industry. Already starting to plan it all out now. Its so crazy I'm not even sure if we can do it because the only people I've ever seen do anything like it would be Disney or Universal. So we'll see what happens.

But I can almost officially promise you we're done with haunted house tours. I actually enjoyed NOT attending the show, doing a haunt tour, and just going thru all that stress. Doing another escape especially one this difficult will be enough. We also plan on doing some new holes for our mini golf. That is our plan! So look out.

Frankenstein Escape-_A9_0613(1).jpgFrankenstein Escape-_A9_0446(1).jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Frankenstein Escape Room. Now open!!!
    Frankenstein Escape-_A9_0360(1).jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    More phtoos
    IMG_4684.jpgIMG_4689.jpgIMG_4686.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    More Photos The Darkness 2021. We did renovate the entire Darkness like we where going to do a tour but didn't do it. IMG_3078.jpgIMG_3079.jpgIMG_3075.jpgIMG_3077.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I could post to this link going forward but yeah it is ... its a timeline of all the work we've put into The Darkness over the last decade. Where has time gone?

There won't be a haunt tour this year but maybe next year I can't say right now. Life changes so fast! Thanks for the interest. Larry

IMG_3893.jpgIMG_4052.jpgIMG_4756.jpgIMG_3060.jpgIMG_3055.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Demon Knight
    replied
    Going thru this thread is a trip thru memorial lane. You really see the evolution of your haunted house. Wish we could see your haunt this year. Hint hint! With the show happening next week wanted to pop onto the forums see what was happening. Still no haunt tour. Darn!

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I wanted to mention that before next years Transworld rolls around we would have built two new escape rooms and this amazing interactive golf attraction.

We start construction TODAY!

Follow along here only... I'm not posting ANY pictures on my facebook.

We will probably do a tour of Darkness, 6 Escape Rooms, Mini Golf. I thought about Creepyworld but now I might now. I won't know anything for sure until January.

But we do plan on adding a couple new scenes to Darkness next year, plus we would have added Oz Escape - Dracula Escape both things no one has seen.

Plus we'll have this really amazing party room for The Darkness... no one has seen that because its not even done as we speak. That will be done however within the next couple of months.

Stay tuned here only... not posting anymore pictures of build out on Facebook.

!cid_B9DA2A45-FA4F-438B-8970-27C9139336F2@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Okay so here is the COMPLETE RUN DOWN of everything we're doing for this Haunted House Tour.

1) New Wizard of Oz Escape Room (st louis escape)
    2) Pirate Escape was redone about 3 months after Transworld (st louis escape)

3) Building a new 5 minute escape room inside our retail store area its going to be a COFFIN ESCAPE game everyone is locked inside a coffin. Will feature scary animations.

4) Terror Visions: We haven't worked on Terror Visions in 3 years so we're going to do just that... we're adding several new things including animations, and props.

5) Darkness Upstairs: We're adding ONE new scene and several new animations. The new scene is hard to explain but its like all these standing serial killer ghosts. An actor blends in ... features something like 15 standing ghosts, CGI Ghost and a two way mirror FX of more ghosts. This scene is actually almost done. I'm doing this scene because I think a lot of haunters will see how they could create a scene easy and scary!This is a scene almost anyone could do.

6) Darkness Downstairs: There is where we're doing the most stuff.

A) Several areas downstairs where old never given the concrete sand look... we fixed all those areas and added new props and animations.

B) When you come into the Darkness up a ramp there was a snake that raised up out of the wall (distortions prop) now we're building a scene around it complete with an actor rig, sculpted sets, and more.

C) Just around the corner from this Ramp was some dumb scene that made no sense... now we're building a complete spider cave. We're moving our spider animation, building a platform above your head where the spider will crawl down at you. Unit 70 is building several other animations and props for this scene. It will be a complete build out scene focused on spiders.

D) We're extending our skull kingdom set and sculpting more sets, and adding something we're calling the Skull Witch scene.

E) Black Maze: We stripped out an entire section and we've added a scary black maze which will have animations under your feet.

Lastly...

Our gift store is something we keep evolving and we did again... we added more horror themed pinball games, re-worked our gift store, added tons of new thing inside.

I think this is MORE THAN ENOUGH stuff ... stay tuned here for all the updates and everything we do!

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is update for you...

1) I said I wasn't going to do another tour! Why?

A: Because I was burnt out totally and because it was costing me 3 to 4 times more to do them than I'm making. I'm getting older and I'm done losing money. Last year was really tough.

2) Why do it again then?

A: Well because as you get older you get wiser. I'm adding new cool stuff, but I'm not spending as much and I'm not going to kill myself doing it. I'm also just doing one thing at a time so I'm going to pace myself. Lastly, I love the industry, and I always want to help people and inspire them. If I can do that its worth it.

3) Then what are you going to do that makes it worth coming back for the 11th time?

A: Great question! We're doing a lot actually just working smarter not harder. I'm going to showcase a lot of clever ways we've found to increase revenue while doing something creative. Wait to you see our new gift store it will have an all-new 5 minute escape room (Coffin Escape). We've seriously upgraded our gift store take note when you visit this year. You'll also note that our haunt is no longer all about scare its about entertainment, photo ops, souvenirs, making people happy and getting good reviews.

We're adding new scenes to Terror Visions - Darkness upstairs (1 scene) - 4 New Scenes Downstairs - Tons of animations from Unit 70, Poison Props, Hallucinations, and ones we built ourselves.

4) What about your escape rooms?

A: SINCE last Transworld our brand new Pirate room was totally changed with all new puzzles stream. Lastly, we've added Wizard of Oz escape room which will be the best one we've ever built.

5) So what are the tours?

A: Behind the Scenes Tour of Darkness - Lemp - and St Louis Escape (Thursday). Lemp with actors on Friday - Darkness with actors on Saturday.

6) When will tickets go on sale?

A: In January.

Stay Tuned for updates!

PS: Our first batch of new props will be coming a week from now from you guessed it Unit 70!

Here come all the pics once I get back from IAAPA.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    We're building an AXE Throwing inside of our Monster Midway at Creepyworld. Check it out.
    IMG_5158.jpgIMG_5159.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Couple things today... we will host another Darkness haunted house tour. We're not doing anything this year but TWO DAYS! A behind the scenes tour and a Darkness with actors.

Here is the details:

What will be new: Wizard of Oz Escape Room, yes we're building a 5th escape room and theme will be Wonderful Wizard of Oz. This will be our most breathtaking escape room by far. We've already started that process its being designed as we speak. So on the behind the scenes tour you'll be able to tour this! Secondly we have already renovated and drastically changed our Pirate Escape Room.

The Darkness: We're building ONE new massive scene downtowns, it will be a sunken Viking Ship complete with monsters from Unit 70. We're taking out about 1/5th of the bottom section and building something I've wanted to do for a decade. I'm fascinated with sunken ships so I'm looking forward to this... we're throwing everything including the kitchen sink at this. Also new at The Darkness we're removing our dinning room scene upstairs, and replacing it with a ghostly supernatural room. I can't explain it and don't want to give it away yet. Its going to be super bad ass. Lastly, our Horror Party room has drastically changed AGAIN! So we'll have that going on as well... The tour with actors this year might be on Friday or Saturday I'm not sure yet. The behind the scenes tour will be Thursday night.

We will NOT do the Lemp this year, however we might do a behind the scenes tour of Creepyworld a non-working tour. Haven't decided.

Larry
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Check out this video... we're renting our gift store area for private parties. Check out the video.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X