Product Inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Inquiry

I am looking for a leg brace, much like the one worn by Leatherface in one of the earlier TCM movies (I believe it was #3, but could be wrong and I can't find a photo for the life of me). Metal stabilizers inside and outside of the leg, with thick leather straps that buckle around the thigh and the calf. This would actually be worn by one of our characters, so it would need to have some alterations made to it (hinged at the knee, adjustable leather straps). We want the character to look slow or immobilized, but to be able to move fairly quickly while wearing it.

Something similar to the first photo, but without the shoe attachment...

More along the lines of the second photo, but with a thinner heel-catch....

Apparently they are braces for people who have polio. I've scoured antique shops here and found one for a child, but there was no way to use that one. Unfortunately, I don't have the technique to make one.

Any advice or ideas where to buy one or have one made? I appreciate any/all of your help!

Janine
    Attached Files
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

This could be of interest

I am sure you are combing Ebay, but these are fun to play with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEFT-LEG-BRACE-U...QQcmdZViewItem
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

Thanks, I did see that on ebay...just not quite right for what we're looking for.

Thanks, though!

Anyone else have any ideas where we might find something like this? Anyone made one before?
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Working...
      X