Escape Games - Location a huge deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape Games - Location a huge deal?

So we have got past the design phase of what we are looking to do - Now we are on to finding a location, which for where we are located poses the same issues we ran against for years with out haunt - Everything near the city is BEYOND EXPENSIVE - but everything available outside the city seems to far away.

My question for those that run escape games - Does location matter distance wise? This being a business where most of your customers book their time with you ahead of time - instead of relying on foot traffic or visibility.

We have found a few possible locations with good prices, but most average around 10 miles from the center of our city - We don have an existing "Escape Game" in the city but it is a pretty small one that really only offers "puzzles" rather than an actual interactive experience that we plan to offer.

Thanks for any advice.

As a patron to escape rooms, I prefer them not being in the city. They are easier to get to and have parking.

I live in a rural area and we need things to do too. It takes me anywhere from 30 to 60 min to get to the escape rooms nearby. I've been to 4 different ones so far and won't go to the ones in the city areas. My local town forum just started a thread on escape rooms and people are eager to go.

If the city you are referring to isn't huge (like NYC) that relies a lot on public transportation, I think it is ok to be 10 miles out. People will drive. Plus you'll get people from the outskirts that don't want the hassle of driving in the city, but want to have fun.

Advertising and signage is key. 2 of the ones I went to had such small signs, that I drove past them and I was looking for them! Not going to get people that way.

Comment

I do think its a much bigger deal than the location of your haunted house. So yes!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
      X