Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scare Factory - has anyone had any luck getting ahold of them in the last 6 months??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon Knight
    replied
    Getting them on the phone is very difficult. Nothing has changed and probably never will.

Leave a comment:

• Jaurhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
    I think it’s a good thing they may have turned things around.
    I hope, I hope, I HOPE this is the case. You are right - they put out some absolutely fantastic looking product...even if it is plagued with a short lifespan. And if it is the case, I wonder what the odds are of making restitution to those stolen from (and though I'm no longer affiliated, my former group included).

Leave a comment:

• Deathwing
    replied
    Go down? I think it’s a good thing they may have turned things around. The industry would be a lot less interesting without the Scarefactory. They fill a huge void and have always offered fair pricing.

Leave a comment:

• Jaurhead
    replied
    Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    It's funny you mention this because I know people who're getting product from them left and right. My understanding RIGHT NOW is that they're taking orders, with no cash up front, and getting stuff ready for pick up within weeks. I heard they're taking cash upon pick up! So sounds like they're doing better than ever with this new system. I don't know but I heard people are getting stuff fast!
    Larry, seems you've decided to give Scarefactory another shot considering you're implenting several of their props in your haunts this year. Also, the friendly exchange with Dave in your Transworld Closing video was a surprise. Glad it's working out for you. I still think they need to go down for decades of scamming people.

Leave a comment:

• damon carson
    replied
    It seems transworld still has Dave from SF on their promotional video for TW 2022. Why would you still have someone like this still on your video for the show. And does this mean SF will be returning to TW for 2022.?!
    damon
    frightmasters.weebly.com
    Last edited by damon carson; 01-01-2022, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    It's funny you mention this because I know people who're getting product from them left and right. My understanding RIGHT NOW is that they're taking orders, with no cash up front, and getting stuff ready for pick up within weeks. I heard they're taking cash upon pick up! So sounds like they're doing better than ever with this new system. I don't know but I heard people are getting stuff fast!

Leave a comment:

• yeloowtang
    replied
    Any updates on the situation ??
    i just received an email from him for a end of year sale. Says to liquidate all in stock items at 25% off maybe more with big orders.
    The problem , well many problems with them but the one that sticks out is that the list covers almost his entire catalogue!!!!
    No way he can have that much pre made stock sitting When so many are waiting for orders..
    Be interesting to see if he got better and legit by supplying sold items to buyers.

Leave a comment:

• monsterwax
    replied
    Another thread posted a link to this... then the article was removed (from the Justice Department Website where it was posted). But I found it again on-line and copied it to paste here. It's not a very happy ending, but it does look like an ending:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Friday, June 25, 2021Owner of haunted house equipment supplier pleads guilty to tax crime

COLUMBUS, OHIO – David Fachman, 59, of New Albany, Ohio pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to one count of willful failure to pay over tax to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

According to court documents, since at least 1998 Fachman owned and operated The Scarefactory, Inc., a haunted house and special effects supplier in Columbus, Ohio. As the owner, Fachman always maintained financial and administrative control over the business. From at least January 1, 2015 and continuing until in or about December 31, 2018, Fachman withheld and collected the trust fund portion of the employment taxes from his employees’ paychecks but failed to file timely and to remit the payment to the IRS. Scarefactory was required to make deposits of the federal employment taxes to the IRS for all employees on a periodic basis. Fachman had a corporate responsibility to collect, truthfully account for, and pay over business’ payroll taxes and failed to do so.

For example, on October 31, 2018, Fachman had an obligation to file a Form 941 and pay over $26,226.02 in employee withheld federal employment taxes. Fachman failed to file timely and to pay $26,226.02 of those taxes over to the IRS.

In total, Fachman failed to pay over employee and employer federal employment taxes totaling $547,854.73.

Willful failure to pay over tax carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

"Business owners have a responsibility to collect and turn over all IRS employment taxes," said Bryant Jackson, Special Agent in Charge, IRS, Criminal Investigation, Cincinnati Field Office. "Employment fraud can also impact employees who may see future benefits affected such as Social Security, Medicare or Unemployment Compensation."

Vipal J. Patel, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio and Bryant Jackson, Special Agent in Charge, Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation, Cincinnati Field Office, announced the plea entered today before U.S. District Judge Edmund A. Sargus Jr.

This case was prosecuted by Assistant Deputy Criminal Chief Jessica Knight and was investigated by special agents of IRS-Criminal Investigation.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I guess it goes without saying cloth or metal nothing Scarefactory makes lasts long. Sad really. Great potential there wasted by a very bad owner who doesn't really seem to care about his customers.

Leave a comment:

• zombietoxin
    replied
    Thankfully I was wrong about Poison Props! They have apparently been bought by Fright Props. I hope they continue the excellent work!

By the way, if you are interested- I got my money back.

Unfortunately, I had to stoop to Scarefactory levels to get it, but it's over with.

Leave a comment:

• zombietoxin
    replied
    Originally posted by Demon Knight View Post
    I read online that Poison Props is no longer exhibiting. What is the point of having a dark zone at this point? The only reason I can think of is to give Dave a place to HIDE. Haunts should simply boycott the dark zone especially of Scarefactory is the only exhibitor.

I too heard something... That maybe you should ask for David over at the Poison Props booth now...

Leave a comment:

• Demon Knight
    replied
    I read online that Poison Props is no longer exhibiting. What is the point of having a dark zone at this point? The only reason I can think of is to give Dave a place to HIDE. Haunts should simply boycott the dark zone especially of Scarefactory is the only exhibitor.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticatedterror
    replied
    Great Idea Zombietoxin, Sadly this wont be the first time shirts like these have been worn at transworld. Hell people have stood in front of their booth handing out fliers and people STILL order. Good luck, maybe I will join in the shirt wearing.

Leave a comment:

• zombietoxin
    replied
    https://www.needen.com/gildan-5000-h...lack/s121347-m

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Equals:

063.jpg

See all of you well-dressed individuals this May!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Przemek
    replied
    Hi Guys, I am glad I have found this forum . I have similar issue with Scare Factory, they received full payment , including transportation and the contact has broken..
    Does anybody know about any group lawsuit against them or any Law Firm which can help?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X