Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scare Factory - has anyone had any luck getting ahold of them in the last 6 months??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobby2003
    replied
    What does that say about Transworld that they allow them back every year? The money for renting the space is more important?

Leave a comment:

• Jaurhead
    replied
    BIG NOPE to this scumbag from me. Ordered in January, he failed to deliver. We sent someone to their "factory" 2 weeks ago. Said he'd send a check within 10 days....nope. Lawyers have been involved. I reached out to one of the staff at SF 3 months after the transaction, and he hadn't even heard of my order. Fachman is the biggest liar, and his entire company is built on thin ice.

I have found official court documents that were filed on behalf of amusement parks in the UK and Egypt...if you follow the paper trail, you'll find that Fachman has ripped them off into the hundreds of thousands of dollars! They had the local sheriffs in Columbus lock Fachman and his team out of their own building more than once. They are professional scam artists, and any business they have with professional entertainment industry clients is purely by dumb luck. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY IF YOU PURSUE ANY TRANSACTION WITH SCARE FACTORY.

I'm in full agreement with Larry - their lineup at Transworld looked absolutely horrendous. I would love to see Unit 70 take over their space in the Dark Zone.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I'm making a BOLD prediction RIGHT NOW... Scarefactory will not be at Transworld in 2020. Why? Because I doubt very seriously they will survive between now and then. That is my prediction. Order from them at your OWN RISK!

This is my prediction. They have screwed way to many people for starters. They can't go to IAAPA so that market has been cut off. Their new product at Transworld 2019 was their worst in their entire history.

Just my prediction.

Leave a comment:

• yeloowtang
    replied
    Hi Hauntfarm, not sure if you are referring to my post as being a joke ??? if so, I assure you it's not..
    I have nothing to gain in this, simply posted my experience to give others that are waiting for stuff hope he might make things right..
    As I mentioned, I was worried because I did read about all the negative posts, I had been wanting to buy from them for years but never did out of fear..
    I'm in Canada so if things go bad, it's harder..
    anyways, I took a chance, contacted him and he answered right away each time until it was fully paid and the shipping date got near, then it was slower.
    Since I had a touchy experience earlier that year with another seller, I ended up having to reverse charges to get my prop shipped, I felt safe enough to try the same with them.
    It didn't get to that and he did ship on time as promised..
    I tried again this year with the 30% off deals, but he never replied to my emails.. so no new props from them this coming season for me..
    I do hope others end up getting what they paid for, it's a bad feeling when you pay and the seller doesn't honor their end of things
    Hell I'm still waiting on two sellers to send me props that were ordered last year and one that was ordered black Friday 2017 !!! still waiting..both promised to ship soon..
    I'm going to go email them now since I'm thinking about it

best of luck to everyone still waiting

Leave a comment:

• hauntfarm
    replied
    I'm assuming that is a joke. We didn't order from Scarefactory this year because of this same problem in the past. Visiting with people in St Louis seems like a lot of people have the same story.

Leave a comment:

• yeloowtang
    replied
    Sooo !!!back to the prop I was talking about earlier this year (post above) I ended up contacting David, asked him wrath would the wait time be for real
    if I was to order props for next year.. To my surprise, he answered right away.. said that the ones I like they had extras made up ready to sell...
    after many emails exchanged, I ended up with a great deal from them.. so I sent payment (deposit) asked David to let me know when they are ready to go. I'd send the rest.
    Once they were all paid for, communication was slower, but I did manage to stay in contact .
    I figured , worst, if he doesn't ship in time !! I'll just cancel and reverse charges..
    But he answered his texts and was surprised his shop hadn't given me my tracking info.. he came back minutes later as they had shipped the week before..
    picked them all up yesterday there's a things missing, as I'm sure the guy who packed up the skid forgot to double check..but David replied back and asked for my address within seconds
    so he can get them out the same day..

I'll be sure to let everyone know when it comes in..
    the props I wanted were.
    1- the grave master, this thing is cool... was sure it was electric, but it's all pneumatic, made solid to last.. works perfect ( was missing the lantern) I set up a severed head until I get the lantern.
    2- a double set of animated zombies for that brain smash game.. two zombie's, two catapults, two buckets of brains ( they forgot the brains) he promised to ship right away.

overall, pleased.. was nervous but happy it turned out well.. there's a minor adjustment I need to make on one of the zombies, they use industrial ball joints, one of them
    is binding against another while in motion, just a quick grind with a dremel tool will fix that in a minute..

I hope this is their new way of doing things and that others will get their props..
    here's a few bad cell pics44245477_10157940031687571_2559213085738926080_n.jpg44243061_10157940031697571_8151925013881028608_n.jpg44224999_10157940031692571_707818444401147904_n.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Eastaboga Manor
    replied
    Clock Costume

I order the Clock costume in Aug and got it in mid Sept... very well boxed but very poor made... it fell apart the first night... none of the straps stayed on ...I'm not a big haunt and paying $2500 for a costume that falls apart the first night doesn't make me happy. not really happy.... Communication wasn't really good , hard to get a hold of them...

Leave a comment:

• yeloowtang
    replied
    too bad they act this way, been looking at the for a few years and never risked ordering
    all of the bad reviews have kept me away.. now they have a new prop I would really like to have..
    but what are the chances of them actually doing it ??
    I would need it for next year 2019, wonder if that is enough in advance LOL

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Apparently Scarefactory is at again screwing people, or at least this is what people are claiming. If you have an issue with Scarefactory email me directly or call me. We're going to do a big write up on this company. This has gone on long enough. Apparently Transworld has come up with a new policy where you can fill out complaint forms against companies like Scarefactory. Haunt owners should be careful ordering ANYTHING from this company.

I also heard a rumor that some of their main guys quit recently. This could be the end of Scarefactory. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• ZombieRaider
    replied
    Looks like they are moving to another facility and having a "moving sale" for the month of May.....20% off....I'd really like to get the pipe organ some year but I've heard too many bad stories to ever place an order through them......Probably get one used second hand when I finally decide to get one - aka: have money!....I'd be a nervous mess going through the transaction with them....ZR

Leave a comment:

• proaudiodude
    replied
    Interesting

I recently purchased an animation from Scarefactory. I bought on the November special they were running and while it took a little longer than expected, I received the animatronic in early February. During the process, I had communication with David via email and phone. I had read the negative things about them and was a bit nervous in placing an order but the promo was very good so I went for it. The item arrived in great condition and was solidly palleted. The control board was well put together and was plug and play. From pallet to live in 20 mins.

There was an oversight on the shipping (billing and shipping are in two different states) and when caught, a call to David resolved the issue asap.

My experience was a positive one...perhaps I was lucky.

I have no skin in this game. I am just passing along my experience on the forum as others have.

Jay
    The Pro Audio Dude
    Las Vegas, NV

Leave a comment:

• SAWDUST JONES
    replied
    Why????

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    I used to work for this company and sadly nothing surprises me when it comes to Scarefactory
    So what the heck is the trouble there? Where is the disconnect?
    Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 02-20-2017, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SAWDUST JONES
    replied
    Why isn't Scarefactory banned at Transworld...

Originally posted by haunter1313 View Post
    Why doesn't Transworld HAA Show ban Scarefactory? All you hear is negative and more negative.
    Simple, I would guess, Scarefactory buys up 1/2 of the Dark Zone.

Leave a comment:

• haunter1313
    replied
    Why doesn't Transworld HAA Show ban Scarefactory? All you hear is negative and more negative.

Leave a comment:

• wickedfarmer
    replied
    Try credit card dispute.

I got lucky and got all my money back when (play broken record here....no prop..no returned calls nothing) I contacted credit card company and told then what happened. I filled out dispute charges paperwork and included printing things other haunt owners had put here on forums. I got all of my deposit and amount SF billed me in July or Aug.

If someone printed 100 "I will never buy from Scare Factory again" t-shirts for Transworld they would sell out. It is almost like you do not pay your dues in this business until you have a couple SF horror stories under your belt.

Wicked Farmer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X