Having problem finding new Haunt Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problem finding new Haunt Area

I really could use some help. I am in Gautier, MS about 15 miles from Biloxi. The Haunted House that I used last year was tore down due to problems with Katrina. I am trying to find a new area. I need some help with ideas so that I can continue to look. You may think of places that I haven't thought about. For instance: Old Funeral Home. Could not find one. Old Church to sack religous for this area. I really need help and I am running out of time. I can continue to look all the way up till September 1 but after that It would not be a good house.

Please send response to: stewart3729@bellsouth.net. If anyone is in this area and would like to help with the house please contact me and lets talk.

I want this house to become one of the top 10 best in the USA and I need help to do that.

thanks,

Jimmie Stewart
    Owner and Operator
    Massacre Manor Haunted House
    Yes, Why
    0.00%
    No, Why
    88.89%
    I am not sure
    11.11%
    The reason that they are
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

[SIZE="5"]
    Jimmie Stewart
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"][CENTER]Owner and Operator [/CENTER][/SIZE][B]
    [/B]

I am assuming that you are looking to purchase since you're looking long term?
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Yes I have radio stations, car dealerships and the local TV and Newspapers ready to sponsor house.

As soon as I find one.
      [SIZE="5"]
      Jimmie Stewart
      [/SIZE]
      [/B]

Comment

Fairgrounds, malls (even in the parking lot), empty fields, etc. Mine will be held at the fairground where I live. For those you will have to do what I am doing, which is buy prefab walls or build them yourself. realistically for me building is no longer an option.. Hope that helps.
        ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
        ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
        www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

Comment

Thanks

Thanks alot.

I had a phone call yesterday about 2 acres of land next to a lumber company. They are donating the land for my use.

Would it be better for the blow up haunted house for $35,000.00 or the Scair Structures or could you please help with ideas that would be cheaper, but also would be good for good weather or bad. If it rains I want them to be able to still come to the haunted house.

I need ideas.

Thanks,

Jimmie Stewart. E-mail me at: stewart3729@bellsouth.net
          [SIZE="5"]
          Jimmie Stewart
          [/SIZE]
          [/B]

Comment

I am wondering how you got the sponsors. I would really love to hear the sales pitch and how to determine what is reasonable to ask for.
            Greg Salyers
            Fear Entertainment

Comment

I used a sponsor letter that I found in Kelly Allen's Book "So You Want To Be A Haunt Entrepreneur.

It is a great book. I got a call yesterday and I was giving 2 acres of land to use for the haunted house.

Do you have any ideas that I could use this season that would be cheap. I thought about the Blow up haunte House $35000.00.

But that is too expensive for this year.

I need ideas. I thought about asking a rental company to donate a big tent and take it off of there taxes since we are a non-profit organization.

See when you are non-profit people will donate and take the donation off of there taxes that is how I got alot of the sponsors.

I can send you a copy of the sponsor letter if you leave your e-mail address here.

Thanks,

Jimmie Stewart
              Owner Operate
              [SIZE="5"]
              Jimmie Stewart
              [/SIZE]
              [/B]

Comment

If you've got a piece of land, the open air maze type haunt (walls with no roof) can work well.

You have to weather-proof everything but that's not too hard.

You can usually get away with having a partial roof here and there without having to install a sprinkler system.

Extremely bad weather can hurt your business but that's true of ALL haunts.

The open air design also makes your "victims" screams more audible to the folks who are waiting in line.
                Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Thank you so much. Do you have some kind of floor plans or could send me to a site that has those plans.

How tall are the walls 8' high or 6' high?

You have got my wheels turning now.

How would I hang lights and speakers for sound?

Please respond and send floor plans to: stewart3729@bellsouth.net

Thanks,

Jimmie Stewart
                  Owner and Operator
                  [SIZE="5"]
                  Jimmie Stewart
                  [/SIZE]
                  [/B]

Comment

With an open area like you have, anything you can think of as far as design could work. I also read Kel's book and it is great. I found that the best way to do this (without purchasing walls) is to build them using 2X4's and plywood. Being next to a lumber yard, I'm sure they have a ton of lumber they can donate that is damaged or otherwise unsuitable for sale. What I would do is sit down with a piece of graph paper and sketch out hallways and rooms. It helps a lot if you have an idea of the roo designs you want. Then you can place them in a logical order. What did you do to get a call? Did you send the letter out to a bunch of companies? I Have my haunt designed, but I need money to pay for rental unless I can get it donated.
                    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                    www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

Comment

If you don't already have them, these books are an EXCELLENT resource for learning how to build a free-standing haunt:

http://www.nightmarepark.com/JBCornCDPage.html

They're free to download.

Here's some other articles you might find useful as well.

http://www.hauntedattraction.com/35/workshop.html#1

http://www.hauntedattraction.com/ind...age&PAGE_id=28
                      Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Working...
                      X