Absolutely NOT! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!
    25.93%
    Maybe.
    44.44%
    Yes
    3.70%
    No
    7.41%

It really depends on what your resources are. We set up in 3 weeks at our haunt but most of the groundwork is already laid.

Comment

Well we are on a low budget and still dont have a location!

Comment

Then I would say to work on next year.

Comment

RE: Poll

If you already had financing, budget, scenery, props and your theme all set, I'd say go for it, but it's the lack of a site that's the real sticking point here. If it were me, I'd get my resources lined-up and then devote my efforts over the next 6 to 7 months to finding a location for the 2008 season...
          "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

wait until next year

IMO there wouldn't be enough time w/o a location and everything planned out. I tried it once and I'll never do that again. Once you have an established spot, setting up is a lot easier and more smooth.
            If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

Comment

Its very late. Some people can do it but if you have little experience I would say take the whole year to visit haunts around the nation and learn more first.

You might even call the building division first to see what would be required to get a permit. Its all a lot of work!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I agree, there is far too much to do if you are starting from the ground up. In 1999 I didn't really start renovation until August, but I had purchased an existing piece. But I already had a location, sponsors, coupons, and I had met with the fire officials and other licensing people.

I would take this year, scope out any local competition, travel to see as many haunts as possible and lay down the ground work for next year.

The biggest issue is capital. DO NOT try and start a haunt if you are under funded! And do not invest in a haunt unless you can afford to LOOSE that investment or not see a return for maybe 3 years! This isn't just for the haunt business, but ANY business will tell you the same thing.

The haunt business IS a business. It is a lot of work! Too many people want to get into the business expecting to have fun! IF you want fun, go volunteer at someone elses haunt and let THEM have all the headaches!! LOL!!

Also attend TW, take the classes, meet the vendors, meet other haunt owners. You can NEVER do enough research. Good luck.
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Thanks So Much For The Advice I Decided This Year I Am Going To Hhn And Look And Find Out More Then Next Year I Will Start! Also I Will Save Up Money!

Comment

Working...
                  X