final scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final scene

As with every year, we try and change the last scene / scare to send em running out the door. We change it because we don't want anyone remembering what happens. So, any ideas? What has worked best for you?

We've done the chainsaw, the chalkboard, one year we even made a replica room of the first scene so the people thought they were back at the beginning. And then the "dummy" that was in the first scene was actually real in the last scene, and that got them pretty good.

Thanks.
    Slash
    "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

What is the Chalkboard scene?
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

Comment

You can put the chalkboard in any scene you want.

It's a drop panel disguised as a chalkboard. It says "were you scared"

You put two colums YES NO, and put some tally marks on each.

Then, put some chalk out. When the guests go to mark it, the panel drops and the actor scares em.
      Slash
      "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

The old runaway train gag can work as a final scare.

1. We built a plywood train silhouette on a rolling platform.

2. Then we mounted an airhorn and a headlight to it.

3. We rigged everything up to a christmas tree foot switch and powered the whole thing with a car battery.

4. The victims would enter a dark hallway with a very visible exit.

5. At the right moment, we triggered the airhorn/light and pushed the "train" rapidly toward them.

6. Nobody stuck around long enough to get a good look at it.

We even had some local haunters tour our haunt and this gag was the ONLY thing that really got 'em.
        Last edited by haunter112; 08-10-2007, 03:23 PM.
        Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Glad to hear we are not the only ones that do this. This year we will be using our old "fridge of death" again. we used it for the first time in 2003 and it worked awesome. we cut out the back of the old fridge pushed it up against the wall and cut a hole in the wall too. as the group walks in the room they look around and when it looks like they are finished with the room we bust out of the fridge doors with a circular saw (blade removed of course). it worked so good we actually had a few people hurt themselfs falling down and trying to get away. Thanks goodness for emergency bandaid kits! LOL
          Attached Files
          www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

The most impressive thing in my house cannot ever be moved or used as the last thing the customer sees or does and that is just the way it will always be.
            Last night the last group to exit my house were some very nice and extremely complmentary people who were very impressed with the fact that I have done 98% of all the "stuff" that they saw and enjoyed.
            Even though this is a "Haunted" haunted house, this is more of a tourist attraction and making favorable memorable impressions and impressing customers with what they find here is mostly what I am about .
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I did a spider room last year.
              Old barn wood incased the room, lots of ivy, grapevines, ragged out burlap many very large, nasty looking spiders and webs everywhere. Hanging from the ceiling were 6-8 large eggs with hundreds of small black spiders all over them. This was a very quit room, my actor would slow them down and when the time was right would push the button in her hand to activate the dropping egg sacks, a load crash, strobe lights flashing. They hit 90% of the patrons. They would be running out with webbing on there clothes along with maybe a spider or two if i was lucky.
              I have to say about 50% of these folks hit the floor.
              Thanks, Jeff
              www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
              www.HauntForum.com
              www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

"suprize"

Well We Live In Elpaso ,So....our Last Room Might Be A Couple Of Border Patrol Agents Hiding Out And
                "SUPRIZE".......................that Will Make `um Run Like Hell!!!

Comment

Ha, yea we used the refrig deal also, and I must say.. Its the best. We placed like 3 air conditioners in the room and it was like 50 degrees in the room. (of course the actors loved it) Anyways, we called it our "meat cooler" ... Had bags hanging everywhere so the patrons would have to work their way through um to leave the house o and not to mention a chainsaw chasing them with the muffler cut off (very loud) I to am looking for a new scene for the last room this year, so come on guys help us out! (*.*)
                  Chamber of Chills
                  2 Story Haunted House

Comment

Originally posted by lerandell View Post
                    Glad to hear we are not the only ones that do this. This year we will be using our old "fridge of death" again. we used it for the first time in 2003 and it worked awesome. we cut out the back of the old fridge pushed it up against the wall and cut a hole in the wall too. as the group walks in the room they look around and when it looks like they are finished with the room we bust out of the fridge doors with a circular saw (blade removed of course). it worked so good we actually had a few people hurt themselfs falling down and trying to get away. Thanks goodness for emergency bandaid kits! LOL
                    Thats not a bad idea! That sure has hell would fool me if i walked in there for the first time.
                    ~Bill Mlinac
                    The Deadland Haunted House
                    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Me still like the JBCorn final event. 4 step with a fun fakeout.

1. Left side, little lame display. plenty of white, slow strobe light.
                      2. straight ahead in corner, a curtain. Pair of shoes under it. No monster,. just a pair of shoes
                      3. turn left, you see the exit, people waiting outside
                      4. above the lame display not seen is a hole in the wall, the actor merely leans out and about 6 inches behind them, whispers in their ear "boo"
                      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Or maybe have two hidden holes the first leans out and says:"Are you sure he's the one?"
                        "Yes, we will get him later."

Isn't paranoia wonderfull?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X