Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire

Well in the continuing saga of "I didn't think about that", I just realized how much wire I am going to need if I centralize my control and sound. Each prop will need a wire running from it to control for the trigger, one running back for the solenoid activation and speaker wire for sound. Add to that the air line, the DMZ cable for lighting and the power cord and WOW, I have alot of crap running around. Does anyone have a better way of doing this. I was wondering if CAT5 network cable would work. If not, what kind of wire do you use and where do you get it?
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

Keep as much of it as possible in low voltage, it makes the wire cheaper, thinner without endangering more people to a real shocking experience.
    PVC conduit is good for wet or outdoor locations. I run most of my low voltage and low voltage control wires in PVC conduit just to make it more managable and it looks so much better too.
    When wiring your triggers include a local trigger that overrides any automatic ones that a real person (employee) can activate right at the scene for full effect.
    Sometimes the triggering decisions should be only made by someone with a knack for the timing aspect of the scare or pre-activated if someone is too afraid and are already over-scared to dull the scare.
    Little push button switches are cheap, I have more than one for one effect that way I can remain more mysterious when things happen because some of my patrons are working overtime to figure out how I make things happen here.
    Battery operated remote controls baffle them too.
    Lots of FUN!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Cheaper than PVC for outdoor protection, try an old garden hose.

Comment

Working...
      X