X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Breaking Attempt to Take Place at the USS Nightmare

17-Year-Old to Attempt to Break Upside-Down Juggling World Record

Contact: Travis Fessler at (877) NAIL-BED or Travis@travisfessler.com

NEWPORT, KY, August 20, 2007 – 17-year-old Erik Kloeker of the world-renowned “Pickled Brothers Circus Sideshow” will attempt to break the Upside-Down Juggling World Record while suspended upside down over the Ohio River. The record attempt will take place on September 20th, 2007 at 7:00 pm in Newport, KY.

Upside-down juggling is one of the hardest forms of juggling, and requires an incredible amount of abdominal strength and endurance as well as coordination and concentration. This record attempt is the culmination of four years of training for the young juggler.

Kloeker, 17 of Cold Spring, KY is optimistic. "I've been training for this for over four years... I hope I can do it!" Kloeker exclaimed. "I know I can juggle for hours without dropping when I am upright, but hanging upside down is another story! Gravity will be working against me, and I don't want to lose my balls in the Ohio River!"

The current upside-down juggling record is 55.9 seconds, and was set in Australia in 2005. Kloeker hopes to break that record by juggling upside down for at least 70 seconds.

The record attempt will take place on historic Newport, Kentucky’s riverfront as Kloeker is suspended high above the mighty Ohio River. The record attempt will be open to the public and media, and will kick off the Pickled Brothers Sideshow's run at the haunted riverboat the USS Nightmare.

The USS Nightmare is America’s premiere haunted steamboat. Entering its 16th season, this popular Halloween attraction returns to the Newport waterfront in 2007. Rated annually among the nation's best haunted attractions, the USS Nightmare is constructed on a real riverboat and is said to house some of the Ohio River’s most notorious spirits.

Kloeker is a world champion juggler, as well as an accomplished fire-eater, comedian, and the world's youngest sword swallower. Kloeker has been performing professionally at venues nationwide for 4 years since learning to juggle at the age of 13. This will be his first record attempt.

The USS Nightmare is located on the Ohio River at 101 Riverboat Row in Newport, KY (www.ussnightmare.com). The Pickled Brother Circus Sideshow has been performing innovative sideshow feats such as whip-cracking, fire-eating, bed of nails, and sword swallowing since 2002 (www.pickledbrothers.com).

Media is invited to attend this historic event. For media inquiries or more information, contact Kloeker’s manager, Travis Fessler at +1 (877)-NAIL-BED or +1(859) 916-5401 or via e-mail at Travis@travisfessler.com.
Working...
X