Kings Island's HALLOWEEN HAUNT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tyler,

So your saying knotts gets most of its ideas from Kings Island?

i beleive you, it just doesnt make sense as knotts has been around WAY longer.

and your right, the actors suck at almost EVERY haunted theme park event, you have to go to places like house of torment, the darkness, scarehouse, and universal studios halloween horror nights to get some actors that can actually scare you.

not defending knotts or any other place here, knotts just seems better then KI in alotta peoples opinions is what it seems like.

Cornstalkers maze sucks at knotts, there are little or no hiding spots, and the detailing sucks, slaughterhouse is really cool, quarantine is really cool, doll factory is cool, and the asylum is cool.

best of luck to each and every haunted house/haunted theme park/haunted event out there.
    Skidduhlicious

Comment

No, most of Knott's event is original and very creative to say the least... just after the Cedar Fair purchase of the former Paramount Parks, Knott's and KI had the best halloween events in the company. So, the two parks share themes, ideas, etc. etc.

I agree with you about the other haunts with good actors... But I will say that Knott's has THE BEST "roaming" talent in the industry... their sliders are just amazing!

-Tyler

PS: I'd also suspect that in coming years KI will get a few of the Knott's attractions!!
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Okay, I'm confused. In some posts, Tyler, you say that KI is awesome and only Knotts and KI are the "best". In other posts you agree that KI is lame.
        I agree that Knotts was an innovator in the haunt theme park industry and they can afford to hire people to plan and design their event year round. KI ,on the other hand, is relatively new at the biz and from what I've seen there, I find it hard to believe that Knotts would pay $$ to send their people to KI for ideas. I also find it hard to believe that Club Blood was a top choice to steal. Knotts would more likely send folks to Universal or Busch Gardens or Netherworld for ideas. Since Cedar Fair purchased KI a couple years ago, it seems more logical that they are sending ideas to KI via Knotts. And it seems to me like it works this way:
        CF: (to Knotts) We have this park in Cincy that needs some haunt stuff so we can make a few extra bucks in October.

Knotts: We need our cool stuff but here's some stuff that didn't really work for us last year that you could have.

CF: Sounds good. Chances are, people in Ohio didn't see how lame it was and it will be new to them.

Comment

For being a "young" event... KI has something cool and does a good job, BUT, at the same time the event is very lame! And yes, Knott's did take two attractions from KI to use at haunt! If Cedar Fiar went to Busch or Netherworld and took ideas/themes... that's stealing! But from park to park in the same company, that's fine! -Tyler

PS: When I say KI is lame... I meaning that they use the same damn haunts for the past 5-6 years, will only change the name, and call it new! That's lame! Even Knott's comes up with new haunts yearly!
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

John,

Yes i agree, knotts roaming monsters are the greatest out there, and knotts started the sliding thing, so of course there going to have the best sliders.

nightgore,
            universal, busch gardens, and netherworld arent the same company, they cant take ideas from them, or they will get sued!

your little conversation between knotts and Ceder Fair makes sense, that could be what happened, or it could be what john is stating...

after all, knotts and KI's haunted events are put on by the same company...
            Skidduhlicious

Comment

I never said Busch, Nether., or Universal was in the same company... Also, I do know this is what happened, I used to work for KI! Hahaha... -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
              X