Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royalty Free Haunt Footage? And Lots Of Other Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZombieRaider
    replied
    Originally posted by EDITMAN2411 View Post
    This comment was exceptionally helpful. Great community you got here.
    That comment was intended as a reply to mindtumor's post so yeah, not very helpful to you....Let me clarify I'm just a home haunter so I'm not in any position to give you an answer for the business side of your endeavor.....There are plenty of pros here though that started out with virtually nothing but through years of blood, sweat, tears, trials, pushing through break downs, gained the EXPERIENCE they needed over those years to make their haunts into something that was actually profitable....They probably don't have a good answer as to how one might make a concept video of a haunt that doesn't actually exist in the hopes that someone might throw money at them so they can build a haunt....There is a LOT of great info on here for 1st year haunts looking for information....Do a search and you'll find a lot of helpful info....I find the whole kickstarter concept videos for investors misleading at best....Most of those projects turn out a terrible product or not one at all....Not saying your using kickstarter specifically but it's the same scheme....Good Luck....ZR
    Last edited by ZombieRaider; 06-25-2018, 10:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EDITMAN2411
    replied
    Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
    You edited your original post.
    - Yup, I removed a single, redundant word.

And even now it doesn't mention your industry term "ROYALTY FREE" video assets.
    - The title of this thread is literally "Royalty Free Haunt Footage?"

However, it does now mention "purchase, license, rent, etc".
    - Yup...just like it did two weeks ago when I first posted the thread.

Look I'm not here to make 'enemies' so if I've offended you please accept my apologies. Maybe you just misread my post originally? That's cool, it happens, sometimes I just skim and don't really READ threads lol. Sometimes when I misread what someone posted I realize t's ok to say "hey I misread your post, I apologize."

Like I said, I am not here to make enemies, I'm here to be part of a community that loves this industry as much as I do. I'm finally in a position to get going in this business and I'm taking the steps to do so. One of those steps is coming here and asking questions. Another step is buying all of Larry's "how to" DVD's - which I also did. I'm sure I'm going to ask a ton of newbie questions along the way - hopefully the vets here can bear with me, or even better, be willing to share info lol.

Anyways, I hope you are having a good day and congratulations on your success in the business.
    Last edited by EDITMAN2411; 06-25-2018, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EDITMAN2411
    replied
    Originally posted by halloweencom View Post
    The spots mentioned by bobby2003 would definitely be good places to start. Did you check them out? Is that what you are looking for or something else?

Don’t give up on working on it - everyone had to start somewhere at first, often raising capital. Lots of people around here are happy to discuss.
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Yes I have gathered lots of great usable assets though traditional licensing channels and I will keep hunting. I turned to these boards for footage that's a bit more haunt specific like customers screaming, night vision footage people cowering as they walk etc. Nothing specific to an established brand really, just evergreen footage of people being scared, like what you see here at the 39 second mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbWFLlt-SU

Thank you again or reaching out! It's nice to see some kind, and helpful responses. :-)

Leave a comment:

• EDITMAN2411
    replied
    Originally posted by bobby2003 View Post
    Wouldn't sites like IStockPhoto, ShutterStock, ect possibly have the sort of thing you are looking for?

For Example:
    https://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...ns-loop-spooky
    https://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...-through-fence
    Yea those are great sources. I have gathered lots of great horror assets through videohive, shutter stock, videezy, and adobe stock. Sadly the one thing that seems to be a bit hard to track down is haunt specific POV customer reacts. Was thinking maybe someone on these boards might know someone who licenses these types of assets.

Thank you though for reaching out in a positive way, it's appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• halloweencom
    replied
    Originally posted by bobby2003 View Post
    Wouldn't sites like IStockPhoto, ShutterStock, ect possibly have the sort of thing you are looking for?

For Example:

The spots mentioned by bobby2003 would definitely be good places to start. Did you check them out? Is that what you are looking for or something else?

Don’t give up on working on it - everyone had to start somewhere at first, often raising capital. Lots of people around here are happy to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• bobby2003
    replied
    You edited your original post. And even now it doesn't mention your industry term "ROYALTY FREE" video assets. However, it does now mention "purchase, license, rent, etc".
    You do understand that the phrase "Royalty Free", which is a standard term used across a wide number of industries, does not imply "Free", but means that usage of that asset is free from license fees for each use after the original purchase, because I don't think you do.

Leave a comment:

• mindtumor
    replied
    Not at all. I'm curious why you think that's what I'm asking for? I'm not hunting for "free" video assets, I'm looking for "ROYALTY FREE" video assets. That's an industry term we use to describe video and audio assets that we license in order to use. I'm looking to "purchase, license, rent, etc" footage...like I said in my original post.
    You edited your original post. And even now it doesn't mention your industry term "ROYALTY FREE" video assets. However, it does now mention "purchase, license, rent, etc".

Leave a comment:

• bobby2003
    replied
    Not at all. I'm curious why you think that's what I'm asking for? I'm not hunting for "free" video assets, I'm looking for "ROYALTY FREE" video assets. That's an industry term we use to describe video and audio assets that we license in order to use. I'm looking to "purchase, license, rent, etc" footage...like I said in my original post.

For Example:
    Last edited by bobby2003; 06-25-2018, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EDITMAN2411
    replied
    Originally posted by ZombieRaider View Post
    This line told me all I needed to know....
    "(If we can't raise the capital we can't open a Haunt)"
    That's all I got to say about that....ZR
    This comment was exceptionally helpful. Great community you got here.

Leave a comment:

• EDITMAN2411
    replied
    Are you asking for other haunted houses to provide you with footage of their haunts so you can raise capital for you to start your haunt? For free?
    Last edited by EDITMAN2411; 06-25-2018, 04:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ZombieRaider
    replied
    Are you asking for other haunted houses to provide you with footage of their haunts so you can raise capital for you to start your haunt? For free?
    This line told me all I needed to know....
    "(If we can't raise the capital we can't open a Haunt)"
    That's all I got to say about that....ZR

Leave a comment:

• mindtumor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Royalty Free Haunt Footage? And Lots Of Other Questions...

Trying to put together a pitch video presentation for investors and crowd funding channels and I'm searching for footage options (purchase, license, rent, etc). Does anyone have any advice on where to go for this? I have exchanged emails with FearTicket about their marketing materials but I'm a bit in limbo as I don't actually own a haunt to justify purchasing ticket inventory yet. Any advice on this would be helpful as I feel this is my company's official first step in opening our Haunt (If we can't raise the capital we can't open a Haunt).

So now for lots of other questions...

I'm going to purchase some videos I've seen online about starting a Haunt so maybe my answers will be there but since I'm here asking about footage to help fund a haunt, there's one question I'd figure I'd ask:

For a first Year Haunt, would you suggest an open air fair ground lot type set up with modular walls layed out inside a tent...or would you suggest leasing a physical building? Which has the least amount of hurdles in terms of codes and permits? We will be operating in Southern California if that makes any difference.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by EDITMAN2411; 06-25-2018, 04:31 AM.
Working...
X