2019 Haunted House Season - Share your season results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Haunted House Season - Share your season results

So I'd like to get the conversation going again around here to get people sharing REAL information... you can't learn nothing on facebook.

So lets start here...

Tell us how your season is going so far? Tell us what is or isn't working for you this season. What are you doing marketing wise?

I can tell you we kicked off last night Friday the 13th... we did over 1,000 people last night. BOOM!

Yeah big kick off!

Couple things we did different... we discounted the tickets big league for the opening weekend. We got on top of the marketing, mostly on facebook. Starting next week we'll add Google and some other things. Another thing we did different, is we took pictures with every single customer and posted them up on our facebook page.

How did everyone else do for Friday the 13th?
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

We opened for Friday the 13th and had a huge turnout. We decided not to open the following Saturday or this weekend. So far so good!

Comment

This past weekend Creepyworld opened along with THe Darkness the results not as good as Darkness last weekend. I guess what I'm saying is Friday the 13th in September is a good thing. I think next time I open for on a Friday the 13th I'm going to open just that one Friday, and skip the following weekend. This past weekend was like a good weekday in October. Not worth it.

We'll see what happens this coming weekend.

On another note: Hauntworld is doing fantastic! Saturday we had over a half million page views, and over 25,000 visitors looking for haunted houses.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Check out Creepyworld from Saturday Night!!! I wanted to say that I'm not committed to opening both Darkness and Lemp for Transworld. Plus a renovation of St Louis Escape.

New stuff already ordered from vendors believe it or not... sent a check today. Going to do things in a way that it doesn't kill me.

Larry

Creepy7 Lines Hayride 030small.jpg
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

So our season is over and I did a lot of things different this year and learned a few things along the way.

Darkness was about the same, Lemp was about the same but Creepyworld was way down because of non-stop rain. Overall the season was about the same as last year. I think as haunters we have to start to grip the fact that this holiday is no long growing. We have to focus on the customer we have and not try so hard to find new ones. We need to focus on making more money from the customer who do come rather than focus on trying to increase attendance. Haunts have way way way to much competition now from social attractions like escapes, axe throwing, mini golf bars, top golf, punch bowl socials, to even bars where you play board games. Well not to mention amusement parks have gone ALL ALL OUT!

You can't even get national PR anymore because Universal Studios gets everything.

People need to focus LESS on what happens across the country and more on what YOU DO! That is my big take away.

There are so many top 10 lists now they don't even mean anything. Does getting on some top 10 list change your business NOPE!

Here is what matters: Creating a FUN experience for your customers. I'm learning that BIG LEAGUE!

I'm going to be writing about all these things and more in the coming weeks!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Working...
          X