Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Cabins...Need your input + PICTURES

Hi,
    I'm building a couple cabins to add to our outdoor haunted event. For one of them, we were able to use plywood that we got free from a local transport business. However, we do not have enough for the second cabin.

The frame is made with 2x4s, and for the second cabin we would like to use pallets for the walls. We have about 200 pallets that have been donated that we could use. From reading previous posts, i see that the easiest way to rip apart pallets is with a circular saw. I know pallets are stubborn, but thats what we have to work with. We will take the planks from the pallets and nail them to the frame for a cheap, weathered apperance.

SO, I'm looking for any pictures you may have of cabins, rooms, or facades you have created using pallets or the planks from pallets. ANYTHING pallets- because thats what we have to use.

Any suggestions to make life easier would be nice as well

Thanks.
    Ben
    Attached Files
    Ben
    Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Spookywoods - Cabin

We built this out of rough cut lumber.

More photos at http://spookywoods.com/gallery/2007/Cabin/index.htm

I think Woods of Terror is buiding a Pirate Ship out of pallets. Look up Kevin Dells on this forum, he may can share some photos using pallets to build sets with. I find it much easier to use rough cut lumber, you don't have to deal with the nails!
    Last edited by twohlgemuth; 08-05-2008, 11:38 PM.
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Kevin found you guys! LOL

Actually what were using is uncut pallet stock. 20 foot lengths. So we got it before they cut it and nailed it together. Much easier!

I will be down at the haunt all weekend coming up and i know they have got a full wall built so i"ll get some pictures for you.

Comment

Thanks very much kevin. And spookywoods- that cabin looks great. I'll also post some pix if we end up using the pallet planks
        Ben
        Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

We used them for our ticket booth. I don't think I'd do it again unless we got them before they were put together. It was tough cutting them up.
          Attached Files
          Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

Want some real fun!?
            Build a cabin under a big tree, then cut the tree down and let it very realistally fall across the cabin! Just like one of the cabins housing two actors at Timber Lake Playhouse the other night as a huge wind went through this county doing in many old hollow trees and tree limbs.
            If the actress had been in her bed when the tree fell she would have been crushed to death.
            No, I don't know where she was, she was not in my bed.
            No she wasn't, really, she wasn't. Of course some Big "Wood" falls in my bedroom often too.....hahahah!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X