Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spookywoods / Maize Adventure Aerial Photo

Hi Haunters,

As many of you know I'm BIG into the family daytime attractions. I just took this video and photo this morning of our corn maze. Talk about marketing on a big scale. We landed an amazing cross promotion with www.Greensboro200.com. We cut out the logo for Greensboro's 200 year celebration in exchange we are listed as an affilated event. Thier website is promoted on city buses and billboards all over the city for this year long celebration, so we are bound to get lots of hits to our link. This cross promotion cost me $0.00 and we are getting so much press out of this that I can't begin to estimate how much it is worth. The $20,000 plus irrigation system was well worth the investment when you compare the devasted look of our maze last season.

The Met Life Blimp was in town for the PGA tour and they have been hovering over the maze all weekend. Who knows, this might get some National Press coverage. The area of green corn just right of the maze design is our haunted corn field that you can see in the YouTube video below. So, this post is not 100% non haunt related.

Last edited by twohlgemuth; 08-11-2008, 01:17 PM.
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

HOLY CRAP!!! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on all your success
      Sean De Wane
      ----------------------------------------------
      The De Wane Asylum
      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Tony,

That is really really cool!!!!!!!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Wow! Remind me never to ask you to cut my hair! ha ha!

Looks great Tony!
          Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

Tony,

At least you'll have corn this year, although we really enjoyed the mud maze. Irrigation, a marvelous idea. Looks great buddy.

Timmy
            Hauntus Emeritus
            Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
            Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

That's sweet, It looks huge. How many acres does it cover?
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

That looks really cool! Good idea on the sponsorship. Like I've always said, publicity like that is something you can't buy. It just isn't available.

Living in a farming area in an extremely arid region, I have always been amazed at farmers in other areas who just plant seeds and hope that it will rain enough for the crops to grow. My small county has thousands of miles of irrigation canals, many of them dug 100 years ago with mule teams. Boy, you gotta have faith to just plant a corn maze and hope that it grows tall enough by October. :-D

Comment

It's gorgeous, Tony. I love all the swirlies.

How do y'all come up with the designs and scale
                  them and all that? Yikes!

Sarah
                  Sarah Meier
                  Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                  "Words they remember you by"

Comment

At first glance I thought I saw :"GRINSBORO"!?
                    Should I rename my place to take advantage of those mis-interputers who might make the same mistake?
                    Naw, I guess naught!
                    It really doesn't look like corn from the air, so far up there .
                    There are canals here in Carroll County, Illinios but they work to remove water and put it into the Miss. River so things will grow better.
                    The occupation of digging trenches through cornfields and laying drainage tiling is a viable business around here to to avoid flooded cornfields and lost production.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X