Jason's Woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason's Woods

I visited Jason's Woods near Lancaster PA. It was cool, the original actor of Darth Vader was there! The place was intense! They had this haunted hayride where they had this guy who was supposed to be Leatherface and he had this actual real chainsaw, only the blade part was just a solid non-moving piece of metal, but aside from that, it made the sounds and smoke as if it were a real running chainsaw. They did use a lot of strobe lights though, as Ive noticed lots of scary places like to use strobe lights. I do find the strobe lights a bit annoying and I do think they are overused but aside from that Jason's Woods is a good place.

Jason's Woods

I like strobe lights in haunted houses just because of the disorienting effect that they have. It messes up your depth perception and makes you feel like you have less control over everything, so it makes the experience just a little more unnerving.

Comment

Jason's Woods

When I went trick or treating in Westminster Vermont a bunch of the houses would have scary stuff like strobe lights. The houses were very scary! I was always a big wuss and would be too scared to go to some of them. They had lots of stuff to make there yards look scary. One of the best effects in my opinion was strobe lights. They looked very scary. I thought they looked very creepy. They made the house look haunted and I was pretty scared sometimes. I knew the houses were normal and not really haunted but I was too scared too go to a couple of the houses. I have always been a big chicken. Strobe lights really do add to the feeling of doom in some scary places.
      Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
      As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
      Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
      ~Nicholas Gordon

Comment

Jason's Woods

yes, they do have have a very good affect,, it also does on my head which causes major headaches.. even thinking about them... i dont use them much, but yes i do use one or two... sounds like a spooky place you trick or treat though... wish we had a scary neighborhood
        H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Comment

Jason's Woods

I'm a sucker for the classic stuff. I think strobe lights plus fog machines are great in any haunt.

Comment

Jason's Woods

The last few years this town does not have any of the really scary houses anymore. They are not as good as they used to be.
            ~Nicholas Gordon

Comment

Jason's Woods

same here! we only have like one or two in the neighborhood ...im sooo changing it to three this year though >
              H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Comment

Jason's Woods

Years ago a lot of houses had the flashing strobe lights, the scary sound effects and the creepy decorations. Now only one, two or no houses are like that.
                ~Nicholas Gordon

Comment

Working...
                X