New Company- GorEfx Productions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Company- GorEfx Productions

Hows it goin everyone? We at Wicked Woods Haunted Forest would like to introduce our new company "GorEfx Productions". We have started this company 6 months ago so we are working very hard and quickly to get new stuff up. Our products will have their debut at Horrorfind March 28! Wicked woods and GorEfx will both have tables there. We are making mainly latex and silicone masks, but we have a few other props we are working on to have for sale asap, including pneumatic and static horror props.

Being haunters, we know what it's like to find overpriced items everywhere you look so we want to keep our prices as low as possible, and we are proud that everything is handmade in the USA by us!!! Please bare with us, as we are still making and updating our product line,so there isnt much on there yet. Below is a list of what we have available as of March 08-pictures and ordering info can be seen at- www.Gorefxproductions.com Thanks much for looking and check back frequently for updates and all that good stuff.

SILICONE GOREROTTED ZOMBIE MASK

THE BRAIN HAT

SPIKE LATEX MASK
    RADIATION MUTANT LATEX MASK
    RAMSES, BRINGER OF WAR LATEX MASK

Also we have Wicked Woods Tshirt's available for only 12.00!
    www.wicked-woods.com
    Last edited by WickedWoodsHaunt; 03-27-2008, 05:40 PM.
    Virginia's premier outdoor haunted attraction-
    www.wicked-woods.com

As posted on Hauntedattractionmag forum, this is obviously a complete knockoff of twistedtoyboxes work,which for the record is copyrighted, You are about to get yourself into a world of trouble with this, just because you add a shirt, it doesnt mean that you arent knocking off someones work.
    I was polite on HAM but point blank its NOT COOL to Liberate someones idea so obviously, then make mention that you are doing it to COMBAT OVERPRICED products. Vendors come and go in this industry and the ones that go the quickest are the ones that think they are going to make the worlds most affordable props.
    Industry priceas are what they are, not because vendors are sticking it to the customers, but because there is alot more involved in producing a prop than slushing latex around. for the time, material, overhead invested in producing a piece of this size, are you telling me that your time is only worth a few dollars a hour?
    If per chance Chris sees this you are gonna get hammered by his lawyers.

so with that said come on, If you want to produce some props, sit back, grab some clay and let it talk to you... next thing you know you got a awesome design all of your own, then COPYRIGHT it or else youll be having this talk with the NEXT NEW KID ON THE BLOCK.
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Knockoffs

Knockoffs= NO SKILL, If you have to knock off someone else's product, and can't come up with your own, you need to find another line of work!

Comment

As I have posted in MANY THREADS , I am a firm Believer that it is HARD to do something ORIGINAL these days, I honestly feel like anything that Can be done has been done, People just put their own spin on it.
        Last year Chris came out with a Original Idea, Thats Great! Its rare to see new Ideas hit the market.
        Last Year Edge designs took a centuries old illusion and gave it a new spin.....
        was it a NEW IDEA no, Just their spin on a OLD IDEA.... For the record I Voted it best new prop of 2007 because it was a GREAT SPIN.
        The point im trying to make is, before you copy someones idea, think about what you are doing and then ask yourself how would you like it. Thats just about the nicest way I can put it.
        As for the Brain Hat Im not pressed, it wasnt any Rocketscience needed on my part to make it, IT DOES MAKE YOU LOOK BAD that you have TWO VENDOR KNOCKOFFS out of your line up of 7 items tho.
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

problem solved

Ok, we have taken the chestpiece down, so everyone can stop thinking I'm intentionally trying to rip people's idea's As a matter of fact I have never heard of Twisted Toybox until now,and either has anyone else that I know. and to further information, the opened chest piece has been done way before this one that you speak of. I recall a company Dimensions Of Terror having a similar chestpiece in 2004! I try to research whats out there before I make it, but this we just did not find, we did find this however...
          http://www.frightcatalog.com/Hallowe...stume-1104024/

As a matter of fact I took our chest piece down because I don't want to sell anything else someone "thinks" is a knockoff, and to respect others in the industry. As I said before, Im not out there to do any harm. We sculpt our props from pictures of actual medical procedures, not someone else's props. And if you were to look closely you would see our piece is nothing alike to Twisted Toybox. Boddybagging,I am 100% dedicated to the haunting industry, and as a matter of fact I even ordered your dvd, and I look forward to it very much.. if you want me to stop selling the brain hat, thats cool. But instead of giving me a bad name, atleast let me have my side of the story.

Just for the record, we havent even sold one, and his piece looked nothing like ours, and we were only going to be selling it for 35.00 bux because we are tired of knowing people pay ridiculous amounts of money for foam and latex. Yes I am aware of what it takes for the costs, and Im not intentionally trying to underprice others, but make it affordable for haunters that are starting out and dont have much money. It's new business promotions. WE are keeping prices low to start, for promotional purposes, not to f*** someone else over.

But, it's done, we are not selling it anymore.Its off our site, and everyone can stop being so upset. I may be a NEW KID ON THE BLOCK as you state, but wasn't everyone? So, hope there's no bad blood between anyone, we are haunters and business people too, but we are not A**holes intentionally trying to ruin other peoples business! We appreciate it coming to our attention!Thanks
          Last edited by WickedWoodsHaunt; 03-27-2008, 05:50 PM.
          www.wicked-woods.com

Comment

Nothing new

Just for the record, I was making zombie chest pieces and advertising them for sale in "Fangoria" magazine back in the mid 80's. So there!

Comment

I know where do you think I got the idea! Heh

Comment

So, where's my royalty checks, you ripoff artist, you. LOL

Actually, if I got money every time someone copied one of my early ideas, I could be retired and living richly on some South Pacific island now. Que sera sera.

Comment

Originally posted by Infoamtek View Post
                  Just for the record, I was making zombie chest pieces and advertising them for sale in "Fangoria" magazine back in the mid 80's. So there!
                  My point exactly. Thank you.
                  www.wicked-woods.com

Comment

Where's MY MONEY?!?

I haven't seen a royalty check from you either. Yer all a bunch o' deadbeats!

Comment

Hey John,
                      I guess everyone is a deadbeat then.
                      And John, if everyone got the idea from you then that must mean you are the king of the deadbeats
                      RIGHT?
                      huh. huh. thats it.
                      you know it is!
                      We learn fromt he best deadbeat of all.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

During my very first studio art class in college, many many moons ago, I was taught some very important lessons. I spent a great deal of time trying to come up with original ideas for pieces. I would run my ideas by my sagely professor, and he would give me the name of an artist that already had done something similar, even though I had never seen any work by this artist. I would go look up the artist work, and sure enough my idea would no longer seem that original.
                        My professor let me do this several times before he told me the truth of the matter.
                        No work is completely original. Everything is derivative. We are visual creatures, and in this day and age we are constantly bombard by a myriad of images, and that filters down into what we do, consciously and subconsciously. As an artist we stand on the shoulders of giants, and try to go further. The 100% original idea is a very rare thing.
                        There is a thin line between what is “inspired by” and what is “plagiarized”. I personally think that is a call that has to be made by the individual artist, and it is up to them what or if there needs to be action taken.
                        sigpic
                        Louis Brown
                        Owner, operator, and dish washer
                        at
                        DarkWood Manor

Comment

People have been making zombie chest pieces for as long as I can remember... I wouldn't take down anything. I've bought those 15 years ago in costume shops. That is nothing new. If you're directly making a copy from someone else's that is another story.

Good luck with your venture!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Info., If you wanted a BIG check from just one idea, then you should have rushed to own the domain name of Sex.com!
                            Was the income figure 25 million dollars a week from this?
                            It kind of makes everyone look stupid for working so hard for our $1.98 a week doesn't it?
                            "Originality"? Defined:"The ability to "mask" your sources."
                            Of course if you are making masks.....?
                            Over the years some people have tried to unmask my "sources" but they can't , of course the odd and frustrating thing is, neither can I!
                            Where do some ideas come from?
                            Great grandpa's genes whispering in our brains?
                            Inherited mechanical aptitude?
                            I have a Great Grandfather who was tinkering , helping his neighbor design a new product. They finished it, my relative went back to farming (he had a big farm) he was betting on the given, the big farm. His neighbor's name was John Deere...Oh well?
                            That company could have been The Deere-Spencer Co.!!
                            (A roadside plaque near Grand Detour, Ill. confirms this event)
                            "Ideas" are worth nothing unless we act on them.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                            X