Start Booking St. Louis Hotels!!! Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Booking St. Louis Hotels!!! Now

Has anyone started booking hotel rooms for the St. Louis Show?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Has Transworld gotten there blocks yet so we can book them? I didn't think that information was up yet.
    Jared Layman

Comment

I dont think that Transworld had the info up yet, we tried to book our rooms 2 days ago but the code nor info wasnt there.... we might try again today. Wheres the convention being held ? Whats the closest hotel ? Where will the party be ??
      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
      www.maliciousstudios.com
      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

What's the hotel connected to the center? -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The Ren Hotel is directly across...

Renaissance Grand Hotel

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...d-suites-hotel
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

$189.00 a night isn't exactly cheap. But I usually don't stay across from the convention center. Is there other hotels on that road.
            Jared Layman

Comment

Larry

Do you have a list of the hotels and there rate?

Comment

And can you tell me where the nearest Motel 6 is?

I'm a cheap bastard.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

$189.00 a night?!?! Thats over double what I paid in vegas, plus flights to Vegas were cheaper then to St. Louis. I though this change was suppose to be cheaper for everyone? I guess its just "cheaper" for venders. This convention is not starting off to a good start
                  Sean De Wane
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  The De Wane Asylum
                  www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

where are all the vendors.................

Comment

Flights to St. Louis from where??? I can tell you flights to Vegas are almost always booked up and expesive it really just boils down to where are you flying from...from LA to Vegas yeah, but Columbus to St. Louis no...

Hotel rates ... again if you are staying on the strip in Vegas hotels are much much more expensive but if you stay off the beaten track you can get them really cheap just like anywhere else. In St. Louis NO different... cheap hotels everywhere just look around. It's really that simple.

Having the show in Vegas for vendors was VERY expensive, VERY costly, and almost everyone had to ship their equipment rather than they prefered way to driving it there...

Its a shame that so many people are uncaring about vendors and the costs they go through, or what they have to go through to build and deliver your product. Its not just all about the haunt owner, its about everyone and anyone between the cracks that make their living from our industry, we all need to thrive to survive.

For most haunts these vendors are your creative support systems and we need to help them advance, make more profits, and do what it takes to help them understand our needs as well. It is all a two way street, but in the end getting the haunt show back to the Midwest where most haunts are located was essential for everyone, not all but most.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Y'all, a travel agent can help you with finding an affordable motel/hotel. It won't cost you anything to have them help you.

The motel I work at is relatively small, and we work with travel agents.

Sarah
                        Sarah Meier
                        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

The show will be fine. Plenty of people are going to go and buy stuff just like every year. If people went to Vegas and Chicago they will go to St. Louis this year. I would quit spending ANY time defending the move because it just gives a few knuckleheads fuel to cause problems. Most everyone will go still because it makes sense to go. There is no logical reason to crap on this show. People are never happy no matter what.

Besides if you don't go you won't get a chance to go and see the arch. That is something everyone should do while there.
                          Jared Layman

Comment

If I'm planning and budgeting for a 2010 haunt opening, would trying to attend the 2009 show be worth it?

With some of the stories I've heard about delivery of orders from some vendors, I actually like the idea of buying in 2009 for 2010, and planning for an after Oct 31, 2009 delivery date for purchases items, making it easier for vendors since they could do the work in their slow season.

I'm also very interested in the seminar series and the opportunity to possibly network with other experienced haunters.

Looking at the requirements to get there, I'm either going to need to get the business side of things done in advance of when I planned to, or I need to get an invitation from a presenter. How difficult is it usually to get an invitation? I know they are trying to keep out people who aren't there to buy, so that it doesn't become a tourist show, but I'm likely a buyer going in this year, and if not in 2009, I would be in 2010.
                            sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

booked!!

Hotel for myself is booked. Crew rooms later when we know how many.

At the main hotel across the street !!

We get to see Darkness in operation! Saw it with lights on two years ago when Larry graciously show me in March 2006.
                              Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                              Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X