Radio station called me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio station called me...

Wanted to sell ads. "Yesterday facebook had the largest 1 day loss on the DOW in history; nobody uses facebook". Caught him off guard with "If you do not know what the hell you are talking about don't call and waste my time. Facebook is NASDAQ not DOW. And the drop was because EXPECTED GROWTH IN NUMBERS OF USERS SLOWED; unlike you who has no growth but loss of customers like newspapers.. Silence......

Wicked Farmer.

I will say this and I'm just being honest... facebook got way to big and honestly way to time consuming to follow anymore. I get on facebook maybe once every other day for about 10 minutes then I'm gone. I've talked to several people who said they've given it up. What I will tell you is this I coach a 16U baseball team so I am around teens constantly. NO TEENS USE FACEBOOK... they use snapchat #1 and instagram #2.

Facebook will be pushed aside by the younger generation who don't like it.

Facebook still does great numbers TODAY but what about five years from now?

I think the drop is for trends that don't look good and I agree.

If you want to reach teens they're all over the place, snapchat, instagram, twitch, steam, or just playing fort night 24 hours a day. They're everywhere but facebook and they're still our #1 audience.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yes.

Notice I didn't say facebook was great or good....just that radio sales did not know what caused drop.
      Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
        I will say this and I'm just being honest... facebook got way to big and honestly way to time consuming to follow anymore. I get on facebook maybe once every other day for about 10 minutes then I'm gone. I've talked to several people who said they've given it up. What I will tell you is this I coach a 16U baseball team so I am around teens constantly. NO TEENS USE FACEBOOK... they use snapchat #1 and instagram #2.

Facebook will be pushed aside by the younger generation who don't like it.

Facebook still does great numbers TODAY but what about five years from now?

I think the drop is for trends that don't look good and I agree.

If you want to reach teens they're all over the place, snapchat, instagram, twitch, steam, or just playing fort night 24 hours a day. They're everywhere but facebook and they're still our #1 audience.

Larry
        I did some web development for a health based web portal, with smart phone app, geared towards teens/early twenty somethings a few years back. They gave up on doing anything Facebook related about 4 years ago for the same reason. Teens had abandoned Facebook. The writing was on the wall then even back then. If you want to reach teenagers, forget about doing it through Facebook.

Comment

Working...
        X