Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions to make lighting easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some features you'll find in our lights that other vendors don't have:
    1. water resistance for indoor/outdoor use
    2. dual polarity (lights will turn on regardless of + or - 12V)
    3. easily swappable between lights/colors w/o cutting wires
    sigpic
    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Originally posted by PAT MATTHEWS/HOUSE OF WAX View Post
      One thing I have seen thats missing from led lighting thats easy to add is a pot switch to adjust brightness . Ive done a few and even though it makes it more bulky the switch adds the open to make it dimmer or brighter and can be added to any led light. Any thoughts to anyone adding a variable switch???
      I'm happy to say that we have a new controller called the DarkBox DMX that allows full control of dimming of all the LEDs. It also allows DMX control of 6 LED channels --- this box can handle up to 120 lights =)
      sigpic

Comment

We LOVE Darklight LED's...we ordered a ton last year and we're getting more this year. Here's some pictures from SCREAMPARK where we used the LED's from Darklight!

Can't wait to see the new stuff! -Tyler
        Attached Files
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

those are excellent scenic shots Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
            We LOVE Darklight LED's...we ordered a ton last year and we're getting more this year. Here's some pictures from SCREAMPARK where we used the LED's from Darklight!

Can't wait to see the new stuff! -Tyler
            I can't express in words how happy I am to see our products in action --- these are truly great photos. Creating a product is kind of like raising a kid and watching him/her grow --- you put so much time and energy into it, you correct and revise it, and when it's ready for society, you send it off and hope that it becomes something useful. anyways, enough of the sappy stuff, come by our booth and say hi =)
            sigpic

Comment

Not only are those excellent lights, but your photographer knows what he or she is doing. Those are excellent exposures. So glad someone can use the lighting like yourself and someone can capture the beauty of it like the photographer.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys...but this is about lighting! hahaha... Like I said, we LOVE Darklights LED's and we'll be stopping by their booth for sure! -Tyler

PS: Those pics are straight out of the camera...the only "editing" they went through was putting in the logo. Thanks BTW, I was the photographer.
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Lol, I am the same way with my photographs when it comes to lighting. Exposure is the only trick to success on a DSLR. =) Great Shots.

Comment

Tyler and Thrill,

Ive got some darklight samples on order.

Specifically, do you find that the majority of the time you need to use the Precision Y or Precision Z if you want to get a good amount of light on a surface when the light is mounted 8 to 10' away? Do these lights work well from 8 or 10' from the surface?
                    Shawn
                    Fear Engineer
                    HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Darklight recommendations

Originally posted by shawng View Post
                      Tyler and Thrill,

Ive got some darklight samples on order.

Specifically, do you find that the majority of the time you need to use the Precision Y or Precision Z if you want to get a good amount of light on a surface when the light is mounted 8 to 10' away? Do these lights work well from 8 or 10' from the surface?
                      I find that for haunted house applications (where it's pitch black w/o the LEDs), Y's will give you a nice glow w/o saturating your scene with color at 8-10', you may even use 2 of them to get a stronger color. The Precision Z will REALLY make something pop out because it is VERY bright. It's like having a colored flash light --- you can use it to divert people's attention to a single object in the room. I used Z's sparingly in my own haunt (we have relatively small rooms), usually on facades or outdoors, where there are other light sources that may otherwise drown out smaller lights. One thing to note about Precision Z is the UV version, this one works well indoors for fluorescent / glow paint.

For this year, we have a few other options for wash lighting... the Precision Z used to be only a focused 15 degree spotlight, this year we'll have a wash lens available (it'll be like a more powerful Y), and we also have a "line" lens... which will project a beam that's shaped like a line instead of a circle (perfect or signs, pillars, or other tall or wide props), these are all options for painting your scene differently. If you'll be stopping by Transworld, I'd be happy to show you all the options we have. We also have a much bigger darkroom at the show this year, so you'll get a better idea of how each light works.

I know photos may look different from real life but here are some reference photos for our lights at different distances on a solid white wall: http://www.darklightsystem.com/pages...ce-Images.html You'll see the different spreads for each of the models and how much it saturates the camera.

Maybe Tyler can add more to this from his experience...
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input. I certainly hope Tyler can chime in and add something.

What I REALLY appreciate is that although your products are a bit more expensive than the competitors, you have done the demonstration work for each product to show the output at different distances a way. So you know what to expect before you get them. I got my first samples from mini spotlight last week and i thought it was a joke. Tiny little barrels with single LED's, what is this going to light up from 6' away? I like the idea of high powered LED wash lighting we need more of these type of products.
                        Shawn
                        Fear Engineer
                        HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Thrill..

Thrill,

I see on your description for PZ light that it has a "concentrated or diffused beam" option, 15 deg or 120 deg. How do you select this? Does it come with a diffuser? Or is it a different part number? The website doesnt make it obvious enough.
                          Shawn
                          Fear Engineer
                          HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Thrill,

I see on your description for PZ light that it has a "concentrated or diffused beam" option, 15 deg or 120 deg. How do you select this? Does it come with a diffuser? Or is it a different part number? The website doesnt make it obvious enough.
                            Thanks for pointing that out Shawn, the other lens options are different part numbers that will also be released for this coming season, we're working to get all the products up to date on the website this week and I had forgetting about this detail. I will add the option in the next few hours =)
                            sigpic

Comment

Thrill,

Shawn, I fixed that part of the website... in the future, you'll be able to select the different lens option on the page for Precision Z. Once I have those in stock, I'll update the page with more reference photos. Cheers.

- Quan
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X