Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Introduce Yourself...

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Barry Schieferstein

I have been in the industry for six years now. I am one of the four producers of the Midwest Haunters Convention. I also run Scary Ohio, a listing service for Ohio's haunts. During the season you can find me at Terror Park, a haunted baseball stadium, where I am an actor, designer, and anything else they need me for...

2. Default  
    Name: Kirk Boemmel

Well, I've been reading/posting since the boards were the old Fright Forum (neon green anyone?) and have volunteered for 10+ years in my local Lion's haunt until they quit doing it 2 years ago. Since then my business partner and I bought it and are currently hoping to start our own 'for profit' haunt this year if the location gets cleared out (problem we had last year!)...
    I've been married for 3 1/2 years and we have a 10 month old baby girl!
    I love this industry and wish I could spend 24/7 doing haunted things rather than having to go to work at my day job!
    Anyone wants to chat PM me! I look forward to hearing from you!

Kirk :twisted:
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

3. Default  
    Name: Damon Carson
    Character: Frightmaster
    Haunt: House of Fright
    Founder of the House of Fright in
    Mexico, Mo.

Well I've been a long time poster on these boards going on like 8yrs or more. Ya I remember when Larry had the little spinning skulls and spiders and stuff on the site and I thought they were sooooo cool. Well alot of things change and yes for the better. I still love this site to this very day, there are alot of good people and haunters on here. Most if not all will try and help anyone on here who is willing to learn. That is one of the things I enjoy doing the most on here. If I can help a person with an idea or a project ect I hope I made someones day. I know it made mine. I have also got a great load of help from asking questions from anything from info for vendors to what kinda things work or dont work with running a haunted attraction. I love haunting its been in my blood since I was 6yrs old and went to my first haunted house that the local Jaycee's did. I did my first haunt at 6 well more of an outdoor walkthrough trail but it was decent for a 6yr old. I there went into yard haunting and setting up displays in my front yard. Then helped with church haunted houses. Helped the Jaycees with an entire room. doing a graveyard and a graverobbers scene. And was told by many that came through it was the very best. That was at age 19. Helped a friend at the time do a garage haunt for about 7yrs. We drew hundereds of kids on Halloween. Went commercial with a outdoor haunt with the same friend for 2yrs. Mainly after seeing and going to the Darkness after many years and realizing the potential haunting could take us. Parted ways after 2yrs and opened my own haunt naming it the House of Fright. It easily stood above the rest in our area not only for scares but also in detail. This will be our 4th season for the House of Fright. And we keep trying harder everyday to make it something beyond our wildest dreams. Welcome to anyone new on the board. I am more than happy to help anyone with any questions or who might need a little help.
    Happy Hauntings,
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default HA 
    My name is Ken Spriggs....and I have been sober for 3 days now!!!
    Been in the biz for ...ah...um...left shoe...right shoe ..18 years or so
    Started making props and selling them to Morris
    Then someone asked us to help with a haunt......
    Now I am part owner of the worse haunted house in the world.....Dream Reapers....joking about the worse

Also run a product line called Sinister scents and Sinister fog
    I have more to write but i don't have more time...sorry

HEY Larry you started this where is your info?????

5. Default New Haunters 
    Name: Brian Rogers
    Home haunter looking to go pro.
    Oakdale Minnesota

I have been a member on this forum for a few months. To all the other new people, you will learn so much from everyone on this site. Everyone is so friendly and are open to share there expierance and support.

Most importanlty they will all tell you to get Kelly Allens book " So You Want To Be a Haunt Entrepreneur". Don't think about getting the book, GET IT!!!! It teaches you all the important facts covering the aspects of starting your own haunt. THANKS AGAIN KELLY FOR WRITING YOUR BOOK!

Feel free to ask any questions, no matter what they are or no matter how many times someone else posted the same question, someone here will answer you.

Good luck to all new haunters!!! :twisted:

6. Default  
    Name-Chris
    character-Mr. Malice/Uncle MILFie
    haunt-Shawano Manor Green Bay Wi

A friend of mine wanted me to come out and meet some of his haunt house friends and like a fool I did. After stopping out a second time, I was approached by the manager of the haunt and told that I'll need to be there the next night by 6pm to get ready for the night. He shook my hand, smiled and walked away. That was the beginning of everything for me back in '94. After the Dimes house closed, the group I was with started Nightmare on Broadway. After five years there it closed due to bad location and bad neighborhood. (the neighbors were crackheads and the pyro living next to the place started her house on fire twice in two weeks!) After a two year break, I was offered to help out at a new haunt Shawano Manor. Been there ever since and still loving it.

If you want to see Uncle MILFie in action, check out the myspace link.
    If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

7. Default ... 
    steve oakley,23 from poughkeepsie NY.
    i work with kevin mccurdy's imaginart studios,as well as building for the haunted mansion right here in poughkeepsie. i've been working with them for almost 6 years,and have been scenic work for about 4. went out to chicago this year for the first time. i loved it,thought it was great to meet a lot of people in the business.
    "the boogeyman is real, and you found him"

8. Default reply 
    Kevin Del ghingaro"Dells" as many know me.
    Characters- Babyman,Fruitopia,Rage in the Cage, and Cousin Booger. Millions more to come! I love making characters.

Been with Randy Daniels and Rockford Screamfest for 5 years.
    Managment for Svenpuss Haunt Acting Troupe 2006 and 2007

Had a home haunt for years until i meet Randy at a local Festival, went to work at his haunt immediatley and have never looked back.
    Since i meet Randy, i have grown from a very sorry looking Yard haunt into the main builder and building manager for Screamfest,Make up artist and manager of make up department, Actors manager, and everything else associated with a haunt from marketing to acting to guidance counsler for many young people.

My wife and I have two daughters Kassie age 18 and Katie age 13, we are also Foster parents part time. Tons of freakin pets, snakes,dragons,spiders, dogs and cats,kids want a horse no more bedrooms left.
    As a builder i haven't built my best
    As an actor still haven't had my best night but i try everytime i dress.
    As a make up artist im always learning.

I have been on the boards here off and on for a few years, and although i am still very much learning i will always put up my input as i always think wether right or wrong i like to hear myself think.
    Lastly i have something very wrong with me! Not sure what it is, but stay ten states away and you should be just fine. Farm animals are never safe and should be hidden!

I love to fish and camp naked,see i told you i had something wrong with me.....

I can't catch fish!

9. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Just jump in the water Kevin you WILL catch those piranha!

10. Default  
    My name is Armando Mauriciovich Castro Rusinov, I am russian, but currently living in mexico, I am 25 years old and I am an artist.

I was a member or hauntworld some time ago, but I decided to quit temporarily for personal reasons. I came back to the forums about a day or so ago, and saw this thread, and I guess things changed a lot since the last time I was here, I also see some new faces, so I decided to stop by and drop a couple of lines.

If you want to know more about me, you can check my profile at myspace.com:

www.myspace.com/redcrowdesign

Thread Information