No announcement yet.

Super Cheap Room Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES! Allen you should do a YouTube LED video...
    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Most Of My "Show"

Are a great many "Cheap Scares", but I always try to avoid blinding or deafening my customers. I need them to be entertained, scared , have some laughs and want to return sometime and buy another ticket.
      I also need them to appreciate the work I have done here so they feel as if they got their money's worth, so I want then to "See".
      I am also distracting and entertaining them with the spoken word, so I need them to be able to hear me speak and when they are seeing and hearing they are also usually thinking, Now I've Got Them!
      The false confidence that they are seeing and hearing everything relevant can cause over confidence (='s "Ignorance") and now they are set up for the fun (MY FUN! Why else do you think I have been doing this almost every night for the last 25 years!)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
        Are a great many "Cheap Scares", but I always try to avoid blinding or deafening my customers. I need them to be entertained, scared , have some laughs and want to return sometime and buy another ticket.
        I also need them to appreciate the work I have done here so they feel as if they got their money's worth, so I want then to "See".
        I am also distracting and entertaining them with the spoken word, so I need them to be able to hear me speak and when they are seeing and hearing they are also usually thinking, Now I've Got Them!
        The false confidence that they are seeing and hearing everything relevant can cause over confidence (='s "Ignorance") and now they are set up for the fun (MY FUN! Why else do you think I have been doing this almost every night for the last 25 years!)
        My thoughts too, Jim. I want the people to be entertained and not affected that they go away hating the experience. That would not help with the PR work you want.
        Scaring the yell out of them
        Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

Comment

We did a spider room in a 10x10 'pop-up' tent this past year and had some of our best screams in there... 2nd to our homemade drop panel hall...

Take sheet and cut into 2" strips but DON'T cut apart. Keep them attached at one end. Hang across the top of your area so the customers have to push their way through the strips leading from the area prior into the 'spider room'. Tie sewing thread to anything you can hang going across the room. People walk through it thinking it's actually spider webs.

Wrap a bunch of bones in glow in the dark webbing. Stretch the g.i.t.d. webbing all over room. Use a blacklight and slow strobe to disorrient people. Have an actor hide in a back corner so when they get in the room he comes out from nowhere.

We had a 6' spider hanging from the top... most common phrase upon exit... There was a spider in there??? It was literally at eye level as you exited the room. But no one saw it b/c they were in that happy place where they want to run from the current scare but are hesitant to go into the next room... The drop panel hall. We used more cut sheets at the exit of the spider room.

MB.
          Grimsley'sGorgeHauntedWalk

Comment

Working...
          X