Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Buy the Actual Boomstick or Are the Knockoffs OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Buy the Actual Boomstick or Are the Knockoffs OK?

Hey All-

I am finding the DSL Boomstick a little rich for my blood right now, especially when, at Transworld, I saw the others going for much less.

Do you think that I should just bite the bullet and go with the DSL one?

I know that the DSL one has the battery pack versus some plugging into 110, but it really doesn't matter where I need it. Is that really the biggest difference?

Do you think I can still get either of the two in time for opening (less than 4 weeks :grin?

Thanks for reading!

Boom sticks

It's my understanding that they all come from the same one or two companies in China. I ordered one from DSL last year and it lasted 4 weekends. In defense of DSL they have offered to check it out and see if it was abused but I haven't sent it back (my problem). I ordered a pow stick from Fright Props at the show and it works great with my DSL battery pack. I would suggest you purchase with the understanding that these are made in China, they will break down.. Shop around and see who has them in stock and who has the best deal..

Dan Augusto
    Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

The same

There are no "knock offs" they are all the same. I guess it comes down to what company you want to do business with?

The FrightProps POW stix also have an optional battery pack.
      http://www.frightprops.com/electroni...0961-pows.html

Stacy

Comment

there all from china.
        ours from fright props broke before we even opened, and probably used 5 times at the most.
        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

no knock offs?

Yes there are knock off's When I was in the DSL shop during TransWorld they where making there's right there. And they where making them over a year before anyone else started to sell them. so yes there are knock off's as far as where you buy them at is up to you I have had a boom stick for 1 season and I tested it just last week and it still works but i did have to remount the trigger button.

Shawn
          http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER buy the knockoffs they will put the creator out out of a job!! They are knockoffs for a reason, lack of talent or lack of creativity, think about what it took to get that out to the public just to be ripped off by someone!!! I would buy from DSL all the way.
            Last edited by screamline studios; 08-28-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I concur with Jason. Whenever possible I always go with originals, when you buy knockoffs it only promotes the business of knocking off. Plus cheaper in many cases will usually not be better. It is typically cheaper for a reason.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

being from china are these things safe? any one had issues/ we had a boom stick last yr I played with it a few times with out any issues. obviously they are not ul rated
                I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Do not lick them they may contain lead.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

frightprops had a new one sent out the same day we told them ours broke.
                    if you are worried about them breaking, at least go with the company with a good warranty.
                    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

There are NO KNOCK OFFS ... here is the funny part our company HALLOWEEN PRODUCTIONS found these things first, Jim found them and actually is the one who hooked up kip with those crackle box things he sells. We know the exact person everyone is buying them from. At the time we were not into selling things to the industry. But I know you can buy these things for like $35.00 each. All of them are coming from China. However DSL might have come up with their own power box for them, but I'm sure everyone can create their own. Reality is you can buy these yourself from China.

They were created because China banned fireworks in their capital over fires, and so they came up with all sorts of firework sounds FX type things you could buy.

You can also buy machine guns, hand guns and everything between.

We might actually sell all of this stuff next year maybe on our supply website.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me. I will be you're first customer for cheap chinese machine guns.

Comment

Thats way too funny Marr lol hahaha

Comment

Screamline I got an axe from u guys 4 years ago, best damn axe in the world. Last season i let some jackass actor in my haunt use it and he busted it. Ordered another one back in May and it looks better than the original. I just wanted to say you were the first(as far as i know) with real looking axe and still the best.

Comment

Thank you Marr it makes me feel good knowing people like yourself appriciate our passion

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X