Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actors where to find what is reasonable pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actors where to find what is reasonable pay?

This will be our second year doing a Haunt. Last year was a huge success. We are locate din N.Y. we got our actors from a nearby college that worked well. We were wondering where do people find the most success in hiring actors? What do you find is a reasonable amt of payment.

Thanks

It is my experience that good, dependable actors are hard to find and even harder to keep. Let's face it, it takes a certain type of personality that is willing to stay boxed into a corner in a dark, loud environment and jump out at people for five hours straight, thirteen nights in a month. That personality is most often not the most mentally, socially, or financially stable person you've ever met. We'll get a few guys that work great for three weekends in a row, and then just leave you hanging out to dry on the busiest Saturday night because they wanted to go party with their friends. You can find good actors and dependable actors, but both in the same person is much more rare. $20-30 a night seams to be the going rate around here.
    Colt Farrington
    "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

Comment

I hear you, last year we had a few that said commited from the start but then needed to study etc. excuses excuses. This year we are going back to get the same college actors and try to get more from the same school. We paid them $10 an hour or 40 a night. We ran it 9 nights 3 weekends.

Comment

The previous haunt I worked at paid $25 for Thurs and Sundays, $30 for Fri and Sat, if you didn't miss a night the whole month you got a bonus.

Comment

Working...
        X