Interning in the industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interning in the industry?

I've been wanting to jump back into haunting for a while now, and finding an internship might be the right way to do it. I've only heard of getting one through the Zombie Army, but I wanted to know if there was something else out there. This would be great since Im still in school, and can't really commit to a haunt until I graduate. Who has thoughts?

I can't tell if they are thoughts or more like voices.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Must be hard, especially when theres more than one

Comment

Step one would be: Where are you located and what haunted houses or suppliers/vendors are located a reasonable distance from you.

there are 18 people named Elliott Gardner in places like Alabama; Maryland; New York; Virginia; Minnesota. Pennsylvania

Step two would be: to decide which Elliott Gardner you would like to be.

Step three would be: Match up who you want to be with where people want you to be.

Step four would be: Some business close to who you want to be is intrested in help.

I confered with me myself and I, they all seem to agree on these points.
        Last edited by Greg Chrise; 01-02-2013, 01:36 AM.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Maybe it doesn't matter where you are, you could be a virtual assistant? Can you do an Indian accent for customer service?
          sigpic

Comment

Zombie Army????? I could be wrong....Aren't they a T Shirt Company for the most part. I would second think that and get someone who s really a big part of this industry.

Stew
            Last edited by Darksidestew; 01-02-2013, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I use summer and fall interns at my shop. I am near Dallas Texas. If you are interested I will send you an Ap.
              Allen H Stiltbeast@gmail.com
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Now there you go! Alan is one of the best. I would grab that oportunity by the horns.

Good Luck

Stew

Comment

Allen I want to be your intern. Just a chance to see what is in Allen's head may be worth it. Real genius is one step from insanity from what I am told. If someone wants to learn about this industry and work on a well rounded knowledge of it them I think Allen is the man. Everyone on HW has learned a lot from Allen and the shocking thing he does it for mostly free. I personally like to thank Allen for what he has done for myself and this industry with the help he gives to everyone. There are some good guys in the haunted house industry and he is one of them. I have often thought that it would be nice if we had a mentor program for new Haunters to have a person to help bring them along in the industry. That is where a real haunted attraction association should be helping grow the industry.

Phatman
                  Phatman

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
                    Zombie Army????? I could be wrong....Aren't they a T Shirt Company for the most part. I would second think that and get someone who s really a big part of this industry.

Stew
                    Yeah I kinda thought that too but it looks like Transworld and MHC thinks the world of these guys.while I haven't seen any ground breaking stuff from their shows I have certainly seen and heard their infamous party habits and legendary drinking abilities. I guess that's all you need to make a name for yourself in this industry, constantly put your name out there in everyone's face and campaign for attention and run to the convention folks to set them up as industry leaders.

DA

Comment

Greg cracks me up
                      www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Yeah I kinda thought that too but it looks like Transworld and MHC thinks the world of these guys.while I haven't seen any ground breaking stuff from their shows I have certainly seen and heard their infamous party habits and legendary drinking abilities. I guess that's all you need to make a name for yourself in this industry, constantly put your name out there in everyone's face and campaign for attention and run to the convention folks to set them up as industry leaders.

DA
                        DA,

There are a handful of guys in the same boat. It seems like some just can't get enough attention and can't see their name splashed around enough.

Jake

Comment

yeah..something needs to be done about this zombie army....
                          if we are not careful what they have will spread

in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                          www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

So is seeing this staged rap rock artsy video what one can expect for a tour each time through the haunt? Not going to lie the video looks good but it looks like a performance, and where are the zombies there were clowns, which is a bit off in a prison, and a bunch of lightly made up inmates.

Looks like fun making the video reminds me if my days back in knotts.

Jake

Comment

i think its a commercial...?
                              how dare this zombie army ? having their own flavor of haunting

here is another disgusting example.....nothing to learn from here

not to mention their web show..what slackers

in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                              www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X