Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major updates here...

1) Escape Rooms: We're totally re-doing our Mummy Escape Room and its going to be super bad ass. You can book our escape rooms now at www.stlouisescape.com last year they totally sold out from the Transworld Show. We're also building someone a Mummy Escape as well so below find a pic of some stuff we're making. Our Mummy Escape will have a new roof that includes a CGI FX, new props, new FX and even a Mummy themed countdown timer make in CGI. On the behind the scenes tour we will block out time for a behind the scenes tour of the Escapes. We're NOT doing another Escape room tour... just the Darkness behind the scenes tour can you tour them. Otherwise you have to just book them to play.

2) Darkness: Again this is our 25th year so we're renovating every section of The Darkness including: Terror Visions, Darkness 1st and 2nd floor, Gift Store, and Silo-X plus Escapes. Below find a picture of an area we've TOTALLY TORN OUT! We will start re-building this in about 2 weeks. As we build it we will take pictures and upload them. So what's new in Darkness... upstairs is a brand new section as you can see. Downstairs a totally new scene and in Silo-X several new scenes.

3) Terror Visions: As you can see we've actually removed an entire section of wall here. All the artwork you see here is for sale and is being redone. So one of everyones favorite parts of Darkness is Terror Visions. Well we actually haven't done anything to it in 2 years. That will change this year. Terror Visions is getting a total make over with new artwork, animations, and scenes. We're also going to be doing sections of the ceiling so when you look up you'll see artwork. We're changing a lot inside of Terror Visions when you walk thru it you'll think everything has changed. We're going to start building Terror Visions the day after Christmas. So first on the list is Terror Visions then we'll move onto Darkness new scene.

4) Maybe its not a big deal but we have already totally rebuilt our gift store. See picture below. We're ahead of the curve this year as we've already finished the gift store, Silo-X and the downstairs of Darkness. The two big projects are Terror Visions and Darkness upstairs.

5) SAD NEWS: We're NOT going to open Creepyworld after all. I've decided it will be way to hard this year because we toured Lemp the other day. Lemp is in terrible shape and has to be massive rebuild. We won't have time to re-do Darkness and Lemp in the same short time frame.

Right now we're building mini golf, escape rooms, just finished a haunted house for a client there just is no time. So after spending a few hours in Lemp we've decided a massive overhaul was in store so the GOOD NEWS is we're going to open Lemp totally with actors. We'll get our website up soon!

Larry

IMG_1248.jpgIMG_1253.jpgIMG_1254.jpgIMG_1272.jpg
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• New Tour Plans:

Thursday: Behind the Scenes Tour Darkness and Lemp Brewery. Both attractions are totally renovated. Behind the scene tour will also include 4 Escape Rooms, Silo-X Haunted House, Terror Visions 3D, and our Gift Store plus 3 minute escape room. Everything for ONE PRICE!

Friday: Lemp Haunted House with Live Actors: See the new Lemp Brewery with LIVE actors.

Saturday: Darkness with Live Actors. 25 Years of Fear Haunt Tour!

The overall tour will be a shorter one as last year it was four days long. I'm getting tired and worn out with that schedule. Next year we'll do just Creepyworld and nothing else.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• That's a shame about Creepyworld! We use trailers for our indoor haunt and have a corn maze, so I was hoping it check it out. I'm happy to see Lemp again, though.
        --
        RED VEIN Haunted House
        Richmond, VA
        www.redveinhaunt.com

Comment

• I know this picture isn't much to look at but... this space is NOW cleaned out. Right now we're rebuilding Terror Visions. I could take pictures but there is nothing exciting to see just yet. But when you visit Terror Visions this year you'll will notice several things done that we've never done before. Terror Visions is going to be AWESOME! We're adding several new animations from Unit 70, all-new artwork and much more. We walked thru Terror Visions today with the painters... it will take about a week for two painters to paint the new scenes. Terror Visions should be all built out and ready for paint by next Friday. The following week it will be painted.

Then from there see pic below: we tackle this room!

As for Creepyworld RIGHT NOW its ZERO degrees. We can't work on Creepyworld. Now eventually we can but I'm taking on so many projects right now to help fund the renovation of Darkness and Lemp for Transworld. I just won't have the time, and its SO SO SO COLD right now. We just decided to nix it this year. Furthermore I'm building a really cool booth at Transworld and that facade is going to Creepyworld's Hayride. I want to make sure when we do something with Creepyworld I think I can do it right and you're going to love it. I'm going to get there by next year. LARRY

IMG_1505.jpg
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• Just a quick update here again... we're re-doing Lemp Brewery for Transworld. We're hoping to have The Darkness done by the end of January. Lemp will take 6 weeks by itself. This is the new name and theme. So overall here is what is happening NOW ...

Thursday: Behind the Scenes Tour Darkness and Lemp plus escape rooms
            Friday: Lemp with live actors and Zombie Laser Tag event
            Saturday: Darkness with actors

Book escape rooms any night we're open at www.stlouisescape.com

I will have the website up soon and tickets will go on sale. Everything will be upgraded, brand new, and super scary!

LEMP 2018 LOGO.jpg
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• BTW, I'm going to have several pics of our Mummy Escape. So here is the difference between last year and this year on escapes.

1) We added a 3 minute escape to the back end of the Darkness. You can play that and see it when you come to our tour. Its pretty cool and takes up very little space.

2) Haunted Hotel is totally working now, wasn't finished last haunt show now it works perfect.

3) We're totally re-doing the Mummy escape room. The Mummy escape room will feature several new clues and 4 major new digital fx. We're using the CNC machine for everything.

A) New Roof on the second room that includes patterns with LED plus a huge CGI fx in the middle. You have to figure out a clue and activate the CGI FX.
              B) New Tanagram Game with LED FX
              C) New prop in the middle of the room its a built out pyramid with LED fx. You have to touch things in the right order.
              D) Mummy Crypt so you put things in order and it will open the crpyt where you find a mummy and an ambulant. It is totally CNC'd with LED
              E) Also adding a new Mummy Themed Digital timer its really cool.
              F) New puzzle stream.

So basically the Mummy Escape room is essentially going to be ALL NEW!

20171230_001512.jpg
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• All that build up for Creepyworld then Grinchmas. I wanted to see Creeyworld but realize it's an outdoor event. So is Lemp going to be the same as last time you had it opened?

Comment

• I just wanted to share that we normally have the website up and running by now but we had a death in the family. I've been set back a bit but I'm working on this. Hopefully we'll have it up by Friday.

We're hopefully going to upload some photos for you next week. I haven't even been able to get downtown or anything.

Next week for sure its going up!

Again sorry.

As for Creepyworld originally we planned on working on this thru December because here in STL its usually somewhat warm. It's been at or below ZERO for nearly 10 days. Its like impossible to work out there right now. I also want the hayride to be PERFECT when we open it... we're building new sets for it. I was planning on doing this I even bought all new props and animations for it from Unit 70. Its already paid for.

I don't want to do something half baked. We'll get it eventually.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Mummy escape room is as I said totally being re-done. We're building ceilings with CGI, Mummy Crypts, Pyramids and so much more. Check it out.

You can book our rooms NOW at www.stlouisescape.com I've already installed a schedule for the haunt show.

IMG_1526.jpgIMG_1524.jpgIMG_1522.jpgIMG_1523.jpg
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• The Darkness Haunted House Tour is BACK and BIGGER than ever! The tour is now includes the all-new House of Occult underground at Lemp Brewery! Haunted House owners wanted a return to the Lemp Brewery so we've decided to remodel The Lemp Brewery haunted house and add it to the tour. Let us break down the tour options for the haunted house industry and what will be new in 2018. Get tickets NOW at hauntedhousetour.fearticket.com or book escape rooms now at www.StLouisEscape.com

What's New:

The Darkness: Darkness will be celebrating it's 25th Year of Fear in 2018. The Darkness is getting its biggest make over ever with every single section of The Darkness getting new scenes, sets, and special FX. Starting with the downstairs we've added one new scene and several new props/animations. On the second floor not only have we added or improved over 8 scenes but we've totally torn out the last section and building from scratch. The Darkness ended with a graveyard but that is gone! The Darkness will now feature an all-new ending to the haunted house a creepy, nasty and scary sewer! The new sewer section will feature CGI FX, Animations, Amazing detail, dripping water and more.

Terror Visions: Every haunted house owner has always expressed interest in our 3D Haunt. We have NOT renovated Terror Visions or added any new FX or Scenes in 3 years. However this year that changes. We're adding one whole entire new set, and changing or updating 4 more with new Animations, 3D Artwork, Illusions, and more.

Silo-X / Zombie Laser Tag: Our Silo-X Haunted also will be renovated and feature multiple shadow CGI FX which give the illusion that humans are actually fighting off real zombies. Just us its amazing. Furthermore one whole new scene was created from scratch, Silo-X will open as a haunted house on one night and another as a zombie laser tag arena.

Monster Museum/Gift Store: Yes even this was renovated totally! The gift store will help haunters understand how to set up a professional retail store and what to sell to generate more income for your haunt. Our gift store was totally renovated just for this show!

Lemp Brewery Haunted House: We have not opened this haunt for the industry in 3 years. We felt this attraction needed a total renovation and that is exactly what we've done along with a name change. Go deep underground inside real caves and caverns and experience this attraction with the lights on and another night with live actors. The Lemp haunted house is located about 1 mile down the road from The Darkness.

St Louis Escape Rooms: Located next door to The Darkness is St Louis Escape. We have also totally renovated our Mummy Escape Room to include new sets, rooms, special FX, CGI FX, and much more. Our Haunted Hotel Escape is finally complete and all four escape rooms will be available to book for the haunt industry from 10 am until Midnight with a discount code saving you 15%. Use promo code: 'transworld2018' at www.StLouisEscape.com

TOUR EVENTS 2018

March 22, 2018 (Thursday) - Behind the Scenes Tour of Darkness, Silo-X, Terror Visions, St Louis Escape, and Lemp Brewery Haunted House. For one price you can go behind the scenes, take photos, video and more of the all-new Darkness Haunted house and even all of our Escape Rooms. Tours should start at Lemp Brewery 7pm from there you will head over to The Darkness where tours start at 7:30. This event is limited to the first 375 guests. This will totally SELL OUT!

March 23, 2018 (Friday) - Lemp Brewery Haunted House with LIVE ACTORS 7pm until 9pm. Limited to the first 500 guests. Event will sell out.

Zombie Laser Tag Expertise inside Silo-X next door to Darkness from 8 to 9:30pm.

March 24, 2018 (Saturday) - The Darkness with live actors. Experience Darkness, Terror Visions and Silo-X with live actors all for one price. Event starts at 7 pm until 9:30 tickets are limited to the first 800 guests.

GET TICKETS NOW AT http://HauntedHouseTour.FearTicket.com Tickets are cheaper if bought sooner than later. Ticket prices rise closer to the event. St Louis Escape was nearly booked out last year. Book now and use promo code to save 15%. Promo code will end soon. Book Escape Rooms at www.StLouisEscape.com

WATCH A VIDEO OF LAST YEARS TOUR BELOW:
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Couple things ... working on getting our website up and going but in the meantime you can buy tickets at http://scarefest.fearticket.com

Right now we're focused on Terror Visions and The Mummy Escape Room. You'll see in the Mummy Escape Room pic I've attached that we added a ROOF! Over this roof there will be a CGI FX of the SKY and CLUES! Also the escape room will feature several new props. Terror Visions you can see in the pics that are for some reason turned sideways we're adding trim around every door jam. Also you can see we've gutted our tunnel we're redoing it. And we're building a brand new scene in Terror Visions.

We're hoping to finish Terror Visions build out this week or early next week and start painting. Within two weeks Terror Visions will be done not including the thousands of dollars in props I bought from Unit 70. Terror Visions will be very very different than the last time you visited.

The Mummy Escape will be totally different from last year and it should be done within 2 weeks.

We're hoping within 2 weeks we'll start building the final scene in The Darkness which we think we can have all built out by January. From there we'll spend all Feburary re-building Lemp Brewery.

IMG_1552.jpgIMG_1548.jpgIMG_1562.jpgIMG_1550.jpgIMG_1549.jpg
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Check out the video... first time we've ever made one. This video gives all the details. Larry

Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Valentines Day T-shirt!!!

valentines day t-shirt.jpg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Just a quick update. Sorry we're so slow from previous years in getting out updates. We're building two escape rooms, 1 mini golf, plus we just finished building a massive haunted house, and two mini golf's all within the last 4 months. It has been hectic.

Anyway we have had a second team working on Terror Visions and the Escape Rooms. So we're renovating our Mummy Escape! That is almost done. But we're also working on Terror Visions. That is built out wise ummm might be done by Wed of next week. We start painting on Tuesday, and painting will be done by Saturday. Terror Visions as a whole will be done minus all the new props I'm getting for it by next week. I'll upload pics.

One of the cool things we're doing to Terror Visions while creating new scenes is doing a bunch of CNC cut outs. We're trying to add layering to the walls. As you can see here with these cut out clowns. We're making bowling pins, squares, circles, swirls, clown heads and a bunch of other things. These will be painted in the shop and added to the finsihed wall treatment in Terror Visions. This new scene doesn't show it now but its going be incredible.

Due to the late start we probably won't be able to jump on Lemp until the end of next week. The Darkness new sets are scheduled to go under the saw not next week but the following one. We're going to put everyone on day 1 and try our best to finish it within two weeks. It will take another two weeks to theme and paint. So more or less by Mid February it should be done.

We have ordered nearly 100,000 worth of stuff from Unit 70 but none of that has come in yet. We bought a bunch of stuff from Ghost Ride, and Gore Galore hasn't come in yet. We also bought a bunch of stuff from Poison Props and we have everything. All the FUN STUFF will come in about two weeks. In the meantime next week will be a bunch of Mummy Escape photos and Terror Visions.

IMG_1587.jpgIMG_1590.jpg
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• We added a CGI TIMER to our Mummy Escape Room. I will have a ton of photos of the new Mummy in a few days.

BTW, we finally finished all the build out on Terror Visions. We started painting it today. I will get pics!

timer.jpg
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X