Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry,

Why dont you hire the best que line actor(YOURSELF) the world has ever known to work your outside along with the Gore Galore...I Wanna see you act buddy, if you do that I will buy a ticket. But you gotta be in costume and Character
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Yeah Larry maybe its time to dust the old top hat off and bring out Dr. Frightener back for old times sake!

DA

Comment

I think my acting days are behind me honestly... I'm not in shape for it! Today I have a running bet with me 10 year old. We are both going to get in shape, maybe if I feel better physically I'll think maybe mentally and then who knows. I use to love acting in my haunted houses in fact I did that for the first 5 to 10 years, but as the haunts get bigger you really have time for it.

When it comes to running the haunt for TW I think my focus needs to be on running the haunt overall not acting. I have hired some great people who will be in charge of the acting, our costumes are much better now, and we have a ton of outside actors as well. I think overall you'll like the acting better this year. I think if I got in there I'd ruin the whole show honestly... LOL

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I'm 32 and I work out often, but trying to act all night has just become too brutal. It just wears me out in a different way now. I'm not sure why because I'm fairly young still, maybe just 10 years of marriage and children (they wear you down quite a bit), or just life in general. It was easy in my twenties. I have a lot of respect for people older than I that can still perform at a high level. If I didn't own a haunt there is just no way I would act somewhere else for fun.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Acting

Its all really a mind set and I still do it for the adrenaline rush of getting the scare. Im 43 and I try to stay in shape but its not like i work out in a gym ect. I have acting in my haunt since day one. If I wasnt part of it I dont think I would enjoy it as much! I usually work the front so Im near everything if anything happens or comes up thats unexpected! It keeps you young! Go for it Larry!
            Damon
            www.frightmasters.weebly.com
            Damon Carson

Comment

Ok Larry I get that you cant do it because you have to open a haunt that night and run it....BUUUUUUUUTTTTT, there is Insane Shanes Party, I wanna meet Dr. Frightner! Bring him to the party buddy...your fans are demanding it.
              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Larry, what about that actor challenge you gave Tater? Is that still on?
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                  have hired some great people who will be in charge of the acting, our costumes are much better now, and we have a ton of outside actors as well.

Are you still looking for acting help at The Darkness for Transworld? If so, who do I contact?
                  Ryan

Comment

Hey folks our little actor that scares everyone is in intensive care unit after having some surgery! He's a legend at our haunt... give him a shout out! http://www.facebook.com/camron.handley?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Couple updates ... interesting day Keven from Gore Galore was at our place today. He spent the whole day with us... he's making some stuff for us!!!! Got a deal done with UNIT 70 ... they are making a TON of new things including several animations.

At The Darkness itself there really isn't a lot to report really its going kind of slow because we spent a week cleaning the shop and tearing out all the old scenes inside The Darkness. Finally today they took away the 40 yard container from all the old scenes we removed. Now that this is over we can get down to business of building sets.

Here is what I can tell you we are totally re-doing upstairs alone... eight sets. I mean totally ripped out and starting from scratch. In addition to that we have ripped out the Terror Visions que line and we are totally redoing that as well including a sculpted foam entry and much more. Terror Visions will have some new paint work done inside and some new props.

Downstairs nothing is going on there until after the upstairs is done. We have our hands full right now building out these sets that will go into the upstairs. Everything should be very awesome and we are filming a video on the making of it all just like last year... it will be a how to detail video part 4.

We will be doing a TON OF VIDEO FX just FYI... and we are making them all ourselves this time around so we can get them just the way we want them. We will also utilize some of those Atmoshere FX as well... those are really good!

Anyway I would say by the end of next week I should have a TON of photos to show you. The website is mostly updated www.thedarkness.com

Take care.
                      Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Great hanging at the Darkness

Larry,
                        I had a good time with you and your crew at The Darkness.
                        Wow, the crew interaction is the stuff of legend.
                        It really is meant for TV. HILARIOUS!
                        I mean I was laughing so hard at times I gave myself a headache.

I am really looking forward to producing the "Monster Parade" for The Darkness Tour.
                        And we will be getting right to work on ALL the product we are doing for The Darkness.

What an amazingly detailed attraction.
                        The work you and your crew does is just inspiring.
                        thanks again and see you soon.
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com
                        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Couple updates here... I have been out finding all kinds of cool things to buy to turn the upstairs back into the ultimate haunted mansion. I spent a small fortune last week on trim, wood, and all kinds of antiques. I've included a photo of a hallway we are building this week, a room we are currently themeing and even a snap of Terror Visions. Everyone seems to really love the 3D haunt so I've decided to do some work there as well... we've been painting a lot of the floors and we are totally rebuilding the que line as well. We'll start selling tickets at www.thedarkness.com in january.

Thanks to Kevin for coming down to see The Darkness the other day... he wanted to measure some spaces for something he's working on for us. We have Unit 70 making all kinds of new stuff for us as well... I would say by next week you'll start to see a TON photos of rooms being built, themed, painted and more. Larry

Chandelier Hall [1].jpgDSC02468.JPGDSC02472.JPGDSC02497.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Hey folks the beat goes on... here are a couple more photos. Two or rough drawings of stuff we are doing one to the clown house and the other is of a kitchen we plan to build. The other two pics are of a really awesome door jam we built and installed today. We are going all out to make this look like a real haunted mansion let me tell ya... if your haunted house has haunted mansion type scenes then you will love this tour here. Btw the end of week we should have two out of the eight scenes completly done if not three... once they are all painted I'll post some more pics.

In total we are re-doing eight scenes in the upstairs section and the most complicated is what we are saving for LAST, which will be in the graveyard. So we won't even tough that until January. We are hoping to have all the mansion sets built and painted and themed by the begginging of January. It will take nearly an entire month to build the sets for the graveyard/crypt we are doing.

Larry

DSC02499.JPGDSC02500.JPGKitchen [2].jpgTerVis2012sculpt12_4_2012_D_NEW.jpg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Hey folks... couple things. As we build this ULTIMATE haunted mansion theme we are working we will be making TWO new HOW to videos... see the covers below. The first DVD will be how to detail and build your haunted mansion sets. We've done three other DVD's but none of them was about a haunted mansion. The second video will be MOSTLY our buddy John Ives showing you how to do GORE! We will actually start filming these today and they will be on sale soon!

We'll show you how we are building haunted mansion sets from start to finish... it really is a craft to do something like Disney's Haunted Mansion. I can honestly tell you i've already spent about 15,000.00 in old stuff, wood trim, and all kinds of other rusty things. Right now I have someone hunting down every prop I need for the kitchen. This won't be your normal kitchen folks... we will do things we've never done before because otherwise what is the point. The detail will be spot on! Anyway more pics coming soon! Larry

how_to_detail_part4_2012_dvd_cover.jpghow_to_gore_2012_dvd_cover.jpg
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Great work! Looking forward to seeing more of the progress and the finished product in March!
                                Richard Alvarado
                                Moxley Manor Haunted House

www.moxleymanor.com
                                www.nightscarebeforechristmas.com
                                Stalk Us on Facebook
                                Stalk Us on Twitter
                                Stalk Us on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X