Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2018 and Past Tour Updates

Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1042
  1. Default  

2. Default Great Stuff! 
    Looks awesome Larry! Thanks for the tour for us guys that cant make it by.

3. Default  
    here is a video for Lemp

Watch until the end. Some bonus footage

4. Default  
    So here we go... and before we go I want to mention almost all updates will only be here. I plan on posting some youtube videos of everything we're doing.

Secondly, I want to mention again we will open Creepyworld in 2020. We're building a haunted house on the showroom floor for Transworld I hope!!! Time permitting.

That haunted house is going to end up at Creepyworld we already cleared a space for it. We will start shooting CGI FX for it in a couple weeks. I already met with Bo from Unit 70 in person he's making all the props for it and these will be the best ones we've ever done. Once this is installed at Creepyworld and a few other things are done there that will be done this SUMMER... we'll open Creepyworld. I'm just saying way in advance it will be $100 per person. We will also limit it to 1000 tickets, and there will also be a behind the scenes tour.

Now onto Darkness 2019... why go again I know right?

Well we're doing FOUR BIG THINGS and they will be worthy of your attendance.

1) We're building a new Escape Room: Pirates Curse. We will offer you a behind the scenes tour of this escape room during our behind the scenes tour. I won't open this room up for bookings until closer to the show just so I know for sure it will be done. It will be a three room escape room about 400 square feet. It will feature CGI FX, Amazing detail as always, Waterfalls and much more. We're starting on it TODAY! We won't be working on Darkness until we have the Escape room underway.

Stay on the escape room we have re-done the lobby, we've added pre-shows to all of our escape rooms, and totally re-did the puzzles for nearly every game. We also created a new lobby with a pre-show there as well, plus added 9 pinball games. So when you see it basically its all-new.

Since you attended last year most of the puzzles in the cellar are brand new and several in the hotel and mummy.

2) Darkness Horror Museum: Since you showed up last year we've rebuilt our gift store and it was amazing for us this past year pulling in nearly $40k. We've also added 8 HORROR themed games, pinballs and more. So this is something to see the lobby also NOW features several PHOTO OPS, SNAP CHAT CODES and more. You can see this if you attend.

3) Terror Visions: We're adding some new artwork and a big giant animation from Unit 70.

4) Darkness Downstairs: this is the big renovation here... we're tearing out our JUNGLE scene and building something called SKULL KINGDOM! Now follow along closely as many things have changed. The Skull Kingdom will feature the following:

1) BONE SNAKE that attacks you with C02.
    2) Bone Warrior that you walk under while it tries to kill you.
    3) Suspended Bridge that moves in all directions.
    4) Flying Rig for actor overhead.
    5) A giant animated facade... yeah you got that right the SKULL facade will come to life.
    6) Light Show... yeah for the first time we'll program the lighting and the sound over 100 skulls will light up, sound fx, and more.
    7) Two waterfalls and a programmed water show to give the illusion of lava

Okay that is ONLY ONE ROOM FOLKS... its the biggest room in the darkness and it will now be the most detailed and coolest.

5) Darkness Upstairs: Same thing as downstairs we're programming an entire room, the lights, sound, everything. We're gutting an old sewer hallway and now it will be turned into an extension of the room before with crosses that hang everywhere tha light up. Inside this room will be two animations, and several static figures plus one actor.

6) Darkness Upstairs 2: We're having an exorcist scene created for our tired bedroom so a room will get an upgrade.

This is DARKNESS ONLY! There will be a behind the scenes tour, where you can take photos and video. This will happen on Thursday 7-9 limited to 350 people. Friday we'll open the new Lemp and Darkness Saturday with actors. Lemp will be limited to the first 600 guests. Darkness will be limited to the first 800 guests. Last year it sold out. Everything and we did NOT add more tickets. TIckets will be cheaper if you order in January.

LASTLY...

LEMP I can give you more details on this in a couple weeks. Our goal right now is to get Darkness going. We're going to add several new scenes to Lemp and FX. Everything is already ordered. More details to come. We do NOT plan on opening Lemp again after this tour. This will be the last time I think ever.

As for Darkness we'll open Darkness again in 2020 with Creepyworld. But 2020 will be our last tour. I'm tired of doing them. I wanted to end tours by opening Creepyworld last year, that wasn't possible so I did figure out HOW to do it... and after one more SUMMER of working on it we will open. 2020 is it... we're going out with CREEPYWORLD.

It will happen!

Larry

PS: I WANT TO MENTION PICTURES WILL START of The Darkness renovation AFTER Thanksgiving. Renovation pics will start with the Pirates Curse Escape, Darkness 2nd, and Lemp last. I wanted to also mention that you guys loved our Spider Clown animation last year we had made, so this year at Darkness you are going to see Unit 70 products only on the tour.

5. Default  

6. Default  
    OKay so we BEGIN!

Yeah pictures of TRASH and RUINS! LOL

We have a lot of work to do here to make it to Transworld. I went down today and was pretty pissed I must say. Because we open for Christmas in just two weeks. This is a mess...

So far we have taken out a giant tunnel in our HIVE zombie haunt, and we moved the one displaced scene for our new Pirate Escape Room. So we've framed out where the new Pirate Escape is going and we're setting up the old scene into the old tunnel area. Nothing exciting there.

Over the next two days we're going to spend a lot of time CLEANING out the old Jungle, and the Hive to get ready for Christmas. After our Christmas show we'll be cleaning out another scene.

Just so you know our goal is to have everything done by Valentines Day. Why? We have to build a haunted house for the tradeshow floor. Additionally we're doing work at Lemp just not until after Christmas.

IMG_1416.jpgIMG_1417.jpg

7. Default  
    Good Stuff! Really enjoy the showmanship!
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

8. Default  
    Okay sorry been away but here is an update...

The empty room here is going to be the Pirate escape... not really working on it yet will be next week.

This room that use to be the jungle is now gutted and we're building a platform for this new SKULL animation its the first thing we had to do.

More pictures coming soon once I head back down there... so actually this skull animation is already up this was taken two days ago.

So let me try and explain what is going on here...

1) To make room for the Pirate escape room we had to remove part of the zombie haunt so we removed the tunnel. We re-located the scenes displaced into the tunnel and believe it or not teh haunt is now longer than before. The entire zombie haunt is now already put back together, so instead of one scene its now two scenes have been added. So in other words what was one scene and a tunnel is now two new scenes, and a pirate escape room. So the pirate escape room we'll get on next week but the room is now empty and ready for build out.

2) Skull Kingdom: This is going to be the best scene we've EVER and I mean EVER EVER built in the Darkness. Coming from Bo is 4 animations, plus there will be a flying rig, a swinging bridge, plus programed lighting and sound fx show. Its going to be epic best ever. So this room is now totally gutted and cleaned out. The Skull is something I bought from Distortions like 4 years ago and have never used. It will be used now. Everything around the skull will be sculpted out like a SKULL MOUNTAIN and the skull itself will talk. Like I said the room total will include five animations, programmed lights and sound.

3) We're building another room for the Darkness tour but we're not starting on that until after our Christmas show is over, and the Pirate escape room is built out. Its something we'll start working on probably like in January. That room is also going to be super bad ass!!! That scene will also have programmed light show. Everything you'll see at Darkness will hopefully be stuff you've ever seen before. That is the goal.

Lastly, we're going to start working on Lemp probably in a couple weeks with a different team all together.

Larry

IMG_1701.jpgIMG_1700.jpgIMG_1699.jpg

9. Default  
    We just updated our party room at our escapes. If you book our escapes we'll have five escape rooms, a new party room, new lobby, new pre-shows for our escapes.

www.stlouisescape.com

IMG_1709.JPGIMG_1708.JPGIMG_1707.JPG

10. Default  
    The giant Skull is up in the air ... look at the picture of a 6'5 person trying to walk up a ladder see how big that thing is??? So the we'll be creating SKULL KINGDOM build out starting TODAY! We're hoping to have the entire thing framed out within 2 weeks, it will take another two weeks on top of that to sculpt, hard coat the entire room. I won't get all the new animations from Bo until Mid-January. But this room should be done in January at some point.

IMG_1713.jpgIMG_1711.jpgIMG_1714.jpg

Thread Information