Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2019 and Past Tour Updates

Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1058
  1. Default  
    Drawing of part of the room for the new Darkness scene. This is going to be the best scene we've ever built. It will take a while but its going to be incredible.

IMG_1710.JPG

2. Default  
    That looks amazing. When do tickets go on sale?

3. Default  
    This is the exit of the new Skull Kingdom. Things are moving. Tickets will go on sale in January

Resized_20181211_1504551.jpg

4. Default  

5. Default  

6. Default  
    Not a lot got done this past week because Mike who's heading up the project hurt his back. But right after Christmas we're going all out on this and another team is going to start the Escape Room project. So everything is going to roll right after Christmas.

IMG_1828.jpg

7. Default  
    Not much to show so far... building out this room is going nicely.

20190102_180617.jpg20190102_180548.jpg

8. Default  
    Sorry I've been away... actually I haven't done much of anything lately but I'm now back on the job. I wanted to clear up a few issues and address them one by one.

1) Someone said every year I say this is going to be the last Darkness tour...

Let me address that one. Every year I think to myself I'm nuts I'm spending a ton of money, and I'm not getting it back from the St Louis Market, which isn't very good btw. So I keep asking myself why am I spending all this money? Now that I'm getting a lot older, and slower btw, I'm re-thinking what I should or shouldn't do. So now I'm thinking how much better can the darkness get without tearing out a lot of stuff that is already really good. So I'm looking around every year trying to figure out what in here is actually bad? It can be argued that some things are better than others, and other things could be cooler or whatever. But there has to be an end to spending on this thing.

I have other plans Im planning on opening a bar and replacing a big chunk of the haunted house. So I looked around the Darkness and said okay we're only going to do ONE BIG SCENE this year... but then I reminded myself oh wait what about the old sewer scene upstairs. Then it was oh yeah okay now its TWO SCENES. Then it was like oh and don't forget about the gift store area we have to re-arrange that again. It never really ends does it?

So the only real way to end this cycle of madness is stop working on the thing ... and if I don't open it for Transworld I won't. Our plan is to go ALL OUT on the Darkness this ONE LAST TIME and then move onto Creepyworld for a while. So MAYBE we open like we're doing Lemp like on Friday night just open it... but nothing like this again. We might do something there next year only because we're planning on opening a social competitive bar. We might do something there. The haunt not spending any money on it.

2) Lemp - We haven't opened Lemp but two times prior. Lemp doesn't make me any money so this is 110% the last time I'm opening it because I don't want to invest any more money into it. So if you want to see Lemp this is 110% the last time. We will OPEN Creepyworld in 2020 and its going to be expensive I know that probably $100 bucks a ticket. It going to cost well north of a $100k just to get it ready to open.

3) Creepyworld Tour 2020 - So our plan again is to JUST OPEN CREEPYWORLD. We'll have a behind the scenes tour just like Darkness. Just so you understand Creepyworld and Darkness are about 20 minutes apart, whereas Lemp and Darkness are 5 minutes apart. We can't have behind the scenes tours at Darkness and Creepyworld. See what I'm saying?

We worked our ASS off Summer 2018 to get ready to for 2020 Transworld. We still have some more work to do to get it ready. We'll work on Creepyworld this summer and fall/winter 2020 to open by Transworld. We'll do a behind the scenes tour probably on Thursday like before and open it with actors on Saturday. On Friday night we might open Darkness just buy a ticket and come with actors.

SO NOW lets focus on 2019.

We're totally doing another $250,000 dollar BLOW OUT renovation let me tell you...

We have already spent close to $100k with Unit 70 that is a fact.

We're doing two all-new rooms, one being the biggest scenes inside the Darkness. We're also adding tons of new props and animations to several other rooms so its going to be new in a lot of area's. Our Hive haunted house next door was totally changed already its ready to go.

Our Cellar Escape room is now essentially all-new from last Transworld, our Lobby is 110% different, and we're adding a new Pirate Escape room build from scratch.

So yes this LAST MAJOR Darkness tour is going to be the very best one we've EVER EVER DONE! It will rank in the top 3 for most money spent, time and effort.

So we hope to see you this Transworld.

IMG_1886.jpgIMG_1880.jpg

9. Default  
    Pirate Escape Room... this is going to be the coolest escape room we've ever done and it will be the smallest. Once you're able to book it I would hurry because its going to sell out to either the people in St Louis or escape room owners. It will only hold like 6 people... it will include 3 rooms and its going to be tight.

We started building it yesterday. I'll start uploading pics soon! It will include CGI FX, amazing detail and many cool things we've never done before.

I also wanted to mention our entire SUBWAY escape room is for sale if someone wants it... $55,000.00 take it away at Transworld.

Incan Room [1].jpgPirate Brig [1].jpgCaptains Quarters artwork [1].jpg

10. Default  
    Couple things... ONE tickets are ON SALE NOW http://darkness.fearticket.com

Another update here is that the BIG room we're working on is still probably another week away on construction. But I'd say in about 7 days from today we'll start carving foam... this is going to be a process obviously.

I talked to Unit 70 and our new props will be in on January 28th. A lot is going to happen this month.

IMG_1890.jpgIMG_1891.jpg

Thread Information