Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2019 and Past Tour Updates

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Larry,

This scene resembles one of my scenes from this past year. Nice artwork!

Allan

2. Default  
    Actually what it is ... its a scene we use to do in Darkness like 10 or 12 years ago. I'm bringing it back only doing it better than before. I think we had it featured on one of the DVD's we produced at some point it was in a scare section. You'll like it... it requires two actors to work the scene.

The dumpster is already placed outside The Darkness and we are starting WED! I'm meeting our 3D painters tonight about what we are doing to Terror Visions as well tonight. So everything is moving. I got Brainstorm updating the website www.thedarkness.com. We will add Lemp to the behind the scenes tour and we'll open up new rooms for you to check out but we will NOT open it with actors.

BTW... I'm pretty sure we'll be filming the Darkness event for Travel Channel. More on that later.

Larry

3. Default  
    We have finally really started to update www.thedarkness.com. Much of the information has been updated so check out the website.

Couple of quick announcements...

1) GORE GALORE will be producing a PARADE OF THE DEAD for the Darkness live show event. More details on this later but there will be someone super cool happening in the que line produced by GORE GALORE.

2) We have begun to build the darkness... there is NO TURNING BACK NOW! We are going see the pics... a massive dumpster is sitting outside the place getting filled up by the second! The money is pouring out the window now.

We have placed a massive order with Unit 70 and we have purchased stuff from Gore Galore and Ghost Ride. I will also have a shocking announcement soon that will blow your mind but keep following this thread.

Let me just say we are going back to our roots so if you like haunted mansion themes then you will love what we do here. We are going to make this very cool very disney haunted mansion like and it will be filled with TONS of digital cgi FX that we are making or having made. Lastly we are doing some really cool stuff to Terror Visions as well... we ripped out the entire facade area we are re-doing it. I can't say what yet but you'll see...

We are adding some additional stuff to TV as well more later.

Larry
    DSC02431.JPGDSC02433.JPG

4. Default  
    DSC02391.JPGDSC02395.JPG

BTW this was our booth at the IAAPA SHOW... this booth is being used in the new Darkness.

5. Default  
    Couple things...

1) www.thedarkness.com is basically totally updated although a few things might change but you can get all the details there. Tickets won't go on sale until January.

2) As you can see here in the new photos I've posted we are still tearing stuff out. We'll have EVERYTHING torn out by Tuesday and then we'll finally start putting it back together again. We are going fast now... Terror Visions is get started next week as well. I know these aren't the best photos but understand this is how it starts each year. The Darkness is NOW NO LONGER able to re-open at the drop of a dime the place is a wreck! LOL We'll get it done folks! This will be our best tour ever! Looking forward to it.

3) Lastly wanted to say that I added like 10 more items for sale on the trading post.

DSC02439.JPGDSC02441.JPGDSC02444.JPGDSC02448.JPG

6. Default  
    Larry,

Why dont you hire the best que line actor(YOURSELF) the world has ever known to work your outside along with the Gore Galore...I Wanna see you act buddy, if you do that I will buy a ticket. But you gotta be in costume and Character
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

7. Default  
    Yeah Larry maybe its time to dust the old top hat off and bring out Dr. Frightener back for old times sake!

DA

8. Default  
    I think my acting days are behind me honestly... I'm not in shape for it! Today I have a running bet with me 10 year old. We are both going to get in shape, maybe if I feel better physically I'll think maybe mentally and then who knows. I use to love acting in my haunted houses in fact I did that for the first 5 to 10 years, but as the haunts get bigger you really have time for it.

When it comes to running the haunt for TW I think my focus needs to be on running the haunt overall not acting. I have hired some great people who will be in charge of the acting, our costumes are much better now, and we have a ton of outside actors as well. I think overall you'll like the acting better this year. I think if I got in there I'd ruin the whole show honestly... LOL

Larry

9. Default  
    I'm 32 and I work out often, but trying to act all night has just become too brutal. It just wears me out in a different way now. I'm not sure why because I'm fairly young still, maybe just 10 years of marriage and children (they wear you down quite a bit), or just life in general. It was easy in my twenties. I have a lot of respect for people older than I that can still perform at a high level. If I didn't own a haunt there is just no way I would act somewhere else for fun.
    Jared Layman

10. Default Acting 
    Its all really a mind set and I still do it for the adrenaline rush of getting the scare. Im 43 and I try to stay in shape but its not like i work out in a gym ect. I have acting in my haunt since day one. If I wasnt part of it I dont think I would enjoy it as much! I usually work the front so Im near everything if anything happens or comes up thats unexpected! It keeps you young! Go for it Larry!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

Thread Information