No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be great Larry! We also plan on doing a major renovation on our graveyard this year. Seeing yours come together will be good inspiration. Thanks for posting the progress, that makes it more exciting to see the finished product.
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments...

Couple things I'm doing things different this year on this thread... in the past I just updated photos and updates didn't take questions. This year all posts will stay and if you have a question I will answer it. So fire away!

Secondly I wanted to say I got home tonight around 2am because I was at the Darkness until that time. I have been there at The Darkness EVERY SINGLE DAY overseeing this project myself. Ives even gave me a compliment telling me things are much better this time around because I'm there we are not doing things five times like normal. I must also give some thanks because the guys I have doing the build out are the best we've ever had period. I must say and I'm saying this honestly, that everyone we have is seriously dedicated to getting this done RIGHT!

No corners are being cut and the goal of this build out is to make YOU GUYS walk through and walk out and say 'that was cool, that was clever, I've never seen that done before but we can do that or do it better...'. We want to help you and give you idea's and the ONLY reason we are doing this is because we want to help haunt owners and by doing things we don't think have been done before.

We are really laying out the scares this time around, and the detail is OH MY GOD second to NOTHING we've ever done before... I've got master carpenters on the job this time around, we have video FX, we have more antiques than I've ever bought before, and its almost ALL REAL... and that will be the cool element of the final product and the video we are making. You will see just how YOU CAN DO this with no problem... we'll show you on the video and through the tour.

Tonight we were standing in this hallway I'm having built 4 feet by 20 feet... and when this is done you'll stand in this thing for 20 minutes saying 'I can't believe these guys did all this to a hallway'. That is how detailed we are going here...

I can't wait to see you all here... I'm dead serious! I'm freaking stoked right now!

Larry
      DSC02558.JPGDSC02560.JPGDSC02568.JPGDSC02569.JPG
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Also just so you can see how NO STONE is being unturned check out the photo of the monkey cage animation we are totally rebuilding... I didn't like the look so I'm turning them into REAL cages. We are even redoing our mansion facade which was overall lame, there just isn't anything that is NOT being overhauled. And this haunt will feature more video FX than you can shake a stick at and btw, you will be able to get copies yourself as we'll have them at the TW show itself. I think we are going to have in the haunt something
        DSC02564.JPGDSC02555.JPG like 20 video FX... this is not a joke!

So far we will have three to four rooms done by the end of this week and painting on them all weekend. I have hired MORE people because I got a couple huge jobs so we have to get to work on them... we have guys working on this now around the clock and I mean guys are still working at 2am.

It is going to be awesome! We are also making custom costumes, we'll have a dead parade from Gore Galore and Travel Channel will be there filming for Making Monsters. This is going to be the biggest tour we've EVER DONE! And FYI... Unit 70 is making me TONS of new custom animations and from my understanding they are not doing the show again. So you'll be able to check those out as well.

Can't wait until March! Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

More pics ... as you can see our monkey cages are getting better and after we rust them up they'll look incredible. Additionally check out this giant fan that I had suspended from the ceiling it makes this room look BAD ASS... that room is getting yet another fan which you see in this photo. Lastly we are already spreading mud in our mansion rooms. This is turning out overall the best stuff we've ever done, I'm like seriously making sure no hallway no crack nothing is left without being detailed to the bone. Larry

DSC02572.JPGDSC02577.JPGDSC02578.JPGDSC02581.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Yes more pictures... we have about 12-15 people working every single day on this project. Its going really fast. Next week we should have several rooms complete on the build out side... we will start working on the hardest section of the whole project soon! We'll be working on the crypt and graveyard area. This section will probably be the single coolest stuff in the whole entire haunt which is WHY we are doing it last! By the end of next week I should be able to start showing you complete finished scenes. Larry

DSC02586.JPGDSC02590.JPGDSC02592.JPGDSC02594.JPGDSC02595.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Photos are looking awesome!

Which days during convention are the tours going to be? I don't see the specific dates posted on the convention's site or on thedarkness.com yet.

Last year, since you had a Live Actors tour for Lemp as well, the Darkness wasn't open live until Saturday night. Since you aren't opening Lemp live this year, will the Behind the Scenes tours be held on Thursday, and the Darkness live on Friday? We usually leave Saturday afternoon, and it'd be great be to able to see Darkness live!
              Hubertus House of Horror
              http://hubertushouseofhorror.com/

Comment

cant wait till march too see it up close looks awsome ...are you gonna post any more pictures

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and your questions... for one here are more pics. To answer your overall questions yes we will be posting pictures for the next two months leading up to the opening. We are moving along on this project and we are at a point now that we can start filming our first video how to detail your haunted mansion. We start tonight.

As for when the tours will happen... since no tickets have gone live yet I'm still trying to decide. I was actually thinking about a behind the scenes tour on Thursday and Saturday for the live one. Last year it just killed me and everyone who worked for us to go to the show spend all day and then be at the haunts all night long. It was taxing.

I'm still mulling it all over. We will add Lemp to the behind the scenes tour and we have totally cleaned up two unexplored area's so now you can see some new areas of the place on the behind the scenes only.

The Darkness will be the only haunt I do a totally renovation on... the only thing we are doing with Lemp is we opened up two rooms both of which are about 20,000 square feet for you to look around in.

I was thinking about doing something different on Friday... like a Scream School with myself and our staff a private event limited to only about 50 people or so. Where we walk through the Darkness with people for an hour talking about how we do all of the screams, go scene by scene, talk about how we detailed something, give you all the ins and outs on a private tour type of setting. What do you think of that?DSC02605.JPGDSC02606.JPGDSC02607.JPGDSC02608.JPGDSC02610.JPG

Keep your questions, comments and concerns coming.

IF you have suggestions pass them along.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Wow busy day... I left the haunted house today at around 2am. We were shooting the How to Detail Your Haunted House Part 4... let me tell you there is a running joke all through the video and the ending will have you in tears laughing. We have already done about 80% of this video and I have some guys doing the editing they start today actually. We will be finished filming this video later tonight... it will be totally edited probably next week or so. We can't actually finish it until all the props are installed into the rooms so the video won't be ready for probably another four weeks.

Anyway... as you can see and follow with these photos the progress we've made. The painting and detail is flying now! I can honestly tell you this is the best stuff we've EVER DONE and I'm stoked. When you come to our tour you'll see for yourself the detail is off the scale... the pictures can't do any justice.

More pics to come! Larry

DSC02622.JPGDSC02625.JPGDSC02631.JPGDSC02633.JPGDSC02634.JPG
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Couple more pics however most of these are of scenes still under major construction... first you'll see the kitchen we are building and we even put down a floor! This kitchen won't look like much until all the equipment is installed and its detailed. We are building the walls and putting tons of pipes within the walls. The second pic is of the new endless hallway which trust me on this will be bad ass... its not done. We are going to do something super cool here but again it won't be done for several weeks. We are waiting on some new props. Also another pic of the big room we keep working on which is a dinning room. Lastly you'll see the monkey cages as they continue to progress ... we totally rebuilt them to make them look more realistic. The room they are in is so bad ass you won't really understand just how cool the room is until you see it for yourself.

Let me just throw this out there... I have a lot of new team members, carpenters 10 times anything I've ever had before because it was a must! We are doing high end carpentry work here. I had to bring in some really good guys. Many of which will be working on all the vac form we will offer at the show. I'm actually doing most of the day to day overall design stuff, I'm there every single day working with our entire team making sure it gets done right the first time. I must say this is probably the fastest we've ever worked because we aren't doing stuff 10 times... its a great feeling! I have actually never been happier than I am right now its all fun now for me! I'm there every single day and just having a blast. When you come to the tour you just wont' believe all the detail stuff I had done... with as fast as my new team is working, and because I'm overseaing everything we are saving so much time that I just keep adding more and more stuff to the mix. We are doing stuff we've never done like all sorts of fancy roofs, flooring and much more. You'll see... its simply awesome and I'm just really having fun!

I'd say by weeks end I should have some really amazing photos for you!

Larry

DSC02618.JPGDSC02620.JPGDSC02621.JPGDSC02623.JPGDSC02635.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Soulard's Restaurant

If anyone is looking for a restaurant deal while in town for Transworld, Living Social just posted this deal for Soulard's Restaurant which is just around the corner from The Darkness Haunted House (walking distance if not too cold). Thought some of you might want to take advantage...

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/5...p&rpi=97914838
                        Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                        www.HauntWorld.com
                        www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                        www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                        It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Okay a few more pics here... our hallway that I was talking about you can see that we built a ceiling in it. The dinning room is almost finished on the paint side. We started building the garage as well. Moving along. Once we start putting props into place it will really start looking cool! Larry

DSC02641.JPGDSC02645.JPGDSC02647.JPGDSC02648.JPGDSC02649.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Patti I still owe you lunch so I'm in.

Phatman
                            Phatman

Comment

Larry I have been looking for monkeys like you have in the photos, where did you find them. Every thing I have found look fake and that won't work for me. I could use some help with finding realistic animal for my research lab. Thanks

Phatman
                              Phatman

Comment

Austin,

I believe those ae from Unit70

stew

Comment

Working...
                                X