Ticketleap Problem Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticketleap Problem Question

Edit: I've changed my mind and Ticketleap still has my loyalty for my online ticketing service because of their customer service.

Now use this thread to discuss online charge backs & how they can be minimized.

Hey Nate: Agree 100% - Chargebacks are extremely frustrating (to say the least) and I don't blame you for being upset - I would be too! Although TicketLeap has a dept dedicated to disputing chargebacks & preventing fraud, it definitely sounds like this wasn't handled ideally. If it's ok, I'd like my colleagues in Finance to look further into this - Would you do me a favor and email me your haunt's name & contact info? (LeeGeorge AT TicketLeap DOT com). Thanks, - Lee
    sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

What were the fraudulent ones?

Were they tickets that went through the line and redeemed mostly? Were their charges that credit card holder said "I did not buy any tickets..someone hacked me". "my kid did not have my OK to use my card" That is a lot of $$$.

If I sold 200 tickets that were no shows and 100 then end up as fraud disputes...thats one thing. But if I had 30 no shows and 100 disputes...that would bwe last time i did online sales.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

chargebacks

That's rough......I had chargebacks but it was small. I wasn't aware of "chargebacks" This was our first year and they don't notify you or explain why the chargeback happened. Not happy about it but it was a small amount. I would just like to understand better before I did it again next year when we expect a larger attendance.

Good luck Farmer
        Joe Phillips
        The Shallow Grave
        Winter Haven FL
        http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Watch credit cards in general

Chargebacks are not just an issue with online ticket sales. If you accept credit cards, you will have issues with chargebacks. You need to make sure both your online ticket company AND your merchant account have good chargeback policies.

We did not have any issues this year with Ticketleap although we are really small. I did have issues with credit card payments, and had to make some calls to credit card holders, but in the end I only had one card that did not charge correctly. I consider myself lucky.
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Chargebacks are an issue for online and if you take credit cards at your ticket booth... this is why some are saying you should buy ATM's and not take credit cards at the window.

We didn't have a TON this year but last year we did ... its an issue when selling tickets online or selling tickets via credit cards in at your ticket booth. On the flip side you have to understand that if you don't sell tickets online or if you don't take credit cards how much business might you lose. Honestly I don't know what the solution is... maybe someone does.

I will tell you this... we are developing our own ticketing system for Hauntworld.com where you can activate online ticket quick, fast and easy. We dont' know our fee yet but we are thinking of either offering it as a service where you pay a small yearly fee or by the ticket maybe as low as 50 cents.

We'll have 24/7 customer support, you'll be able to customize tickets, back end tools second to no one because it will be a system created just for haunts... and we'll integrate this with your profiles and or you could add the ticketing link to your website. We are also developing a POS system for any tablet ... for a small fee you'll be able to use say an IPAD and sell tickets, track things, show bar graphs, comparisons everything... We should have this done soon!

Hauntworld.com is NOW in the tech business and we'll start creating all sorts of technical programs, aps, online this and that to help the haunt industry. We are developing new technology NOW!

Larry

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Any more details?

Larry - how do you plan to handle charge backs with your service? Any thoughts on what % per transaction you would charge and whether you pass it to the buyer or haunt? You mentioned POS; online only or online/offline support?
              Travis "Big T" Russell
              President
              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Sorry no reply have been out for a week plus...

We are developing a system for online and POS ap just for haunted houses... not something designed for like any time of facility but rather just for haunts. We want to help haunters sell tickets online through Hauntworld.com. On the online as cheap as 50 cents per transaction and for POS it would be an ap you'd buy download onto a tablet platform. It won't cost much.

But it will be designed for you to use a tablet and give you the kind of information you want and need about your clients.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Larry

Ughhhhhh that sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen Larry lol. I would think long and hard on that one! I see the nightmares Ticketmaster deals with on their concert venues! I have been in business for over 25 years and it happens it takes a dishonest person and sadly the vendor is the one who usually loses out! Heck they take your money back before you ever get the change to fight it! Always felt that was not fair! As far as TicketLeap give them a chance! I have seen a few companies and they are in my opinion by far the best when it comes to understanding and helping you when you need them! Shane and it's good luck to all involved!
                  sigpic

Comment

Shane you don't understand brother... I have access to the best techs money can buy. Trust me brother...

Furthermore I want a POS system but I want one for my business which is a haunted house, I want marketing tools that help me understand my customer base, that present all sorts of marketing information, prompts that help with information gathering, all in a POS system.

As for online ticketing I'm building one from scratch for Hauntworld and it will be easy to use and something you can log into teh back end and set up easy. For haunts who don' t sell online or have trouble setting up their own websites we have a solution for that as well.

My big investment into this industry going forward will be on the tech side, not on the product side... example aps, website tools, ticketing, online marketing systems blah, blah.

You'll see brother!

Its going to be earth shattering.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Just last year we started

My Wife uses a small computer type device that works wirelessly from our home line. I still do not like the idea of selling advance tickets and then getting a charge-back or a no-show , too much hassle.
                      Last Fall a woman brought some kids here from Texas, she handed my Wife a credit card but the name on the card didn't seem be that woman so my Wife asked one of the kids with her how they spell their last name and a seemingly normal 12? year kid didn't know how to spell their own last name!?? (Kinda sets off the old internal alarm bell, doesn't it?)
                      None of those kids knew how to spell their own last name?
                      In the end we found out the woman with the kids is their Aunt, Mom was back in the Motel room miles away. The card belonged to Mom, the woman whose kids can't spell their own last name
                      My Wife sells almost all of the tickets here . she checks the back of the card for the signature and even has people sign the card before she takes it and runs it! She also checks their other forms of ID. (I=Idiot "D"= Detection!)
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Larry, when will this be available?

Comment

Very soon. In fact maybe I'll be able to upload a screen shot today. You will be able to do more than just sell tickets, you'll be able to download excel files from your backend, emails of people who download coupons to you name it. Its all coming soon!

But yes Hauntworld will have a fully functional POS system and a fully functioning ticketing program for all haunts through Hauntworld.com.

I will have operating soon!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Okay here is a sample of a new page on your profile... as I said everything is in the works! From Hauntworld you will be able to sell tickets without needed the services of a ticketing company. In the meantime until the new ticketing system is complete you can simply link over to your ticketing pages with your 3rd party ticket companies. The new system will do it both ways. The ticketing system won't be added until this Summer. But as you can see the pages are being made to do just that...

hauntworld_haunt_profile_TICKETS cropped.jpg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Working...
                            X