3 Ideas and announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Ideas and announcement

Almost everyone on this list is familiar with my black book. It is a huge sketch book that I drew my ideas for haunts in. I took this 340 paged book and broke it up into 2 novels. The first has 190 pages and filled with some very cool ideas. Some of these ideas I am talking about during my lecture at Transworld. Inside the first book you can find a new idea on almost every page.

The second book I am writing now.

My lecture is on Saturday at 2 pm. Its about magic & Illusion but that's too wide an area to be specific. It's like saying I want to lecture about science, but what field of science (technically science is magic you don't yet know the secret to btw). So, I will be going over some new ways to do the Pepper's Ghost, some new bottomless pit ideas, something very cool for those who have trailers, and something never seen before in a haunt a hologram. The hologram idea will replace your pepper ghost when you see it. Imagine, a ghost (CGI) flying right up to you and you can put your hand through it. You can walk through this hologram. This idea is ground breaking and you need to be among the first to see it.
    ~The hologram part of my lecture is secret and I don't even share it with family so please don't ask to see it earlier.

OK, now here are a few ideas to help promote the lecture and the book. They may not make the cut but each one is taken right from my black book of haunt ideas. The first is Flying Books.

haunt forums 1.jpg

There are two bookcases that people walk between. Above their heads books fly in mid air from one shelf to the other.

Behind the cases are to large wheels rotating by motor and belt. There is a thin wire running from one wheel into a false back in one bookcase and right across into the other bookcase. Each one has a false back on top and space between other prop books to let the flying books pass through. The flying books are just foam props and are fastened to the wire. When the motor turns on the books follow the wire/path. Fairly simple but could be effective display.

haunt forums 2.jpg

Windy Witch

This is one costume idea right from the movies and into your haunt. A faceless being standing in front of you moves slowly from side to side. He reaches for you when her her hair that once covered her face quickly shoots up with a shriek of air.

Underneath the costume just over the shoulders is a aluminum tubing. The tubing shapes a necklace and there are holes drilled into it. What makes the hair go up is a portable air can that fits into the teddy bear for portability. Also, the trigger to release the air is also hidden by the bear.

You will need to be creative with the costume to hide the tube and the air hose that should run down the back and into the front connecting to the bear. But the good news is that the girls hair should hide much of it even if you can't.

haunt forums 3.jpg

Spiderweb repeat.

This is not an actual prop, just an idea. People are terrified when walking through spiderwebs. So why not make a room filled with them? The answer is simple. People pull them down. The solution, is a heater that shoots hot glue while oscillating. Just mount this unit in the room, connect a mat trigger and it would take care of shooting webs when people leave the room.

I have a few problems that could be solved by someone regarding this idea. First, the glue needs to be heated. There would need to be a timer that shut off the heating element. The heater could turn on after a few groups go through and then down again. But this idea will need some work to get right.

Another way for this do work would be to use rubber cement and a rotating fan.

Thanks for reading and I hope you will all stop in to say hi and see my lecture. Also, after the lecture I would be happy to show the actual book.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Well. I cant not get something like this. Is it printable?
    http://limbohaunt.com
    Twitter: @LimboHaunt

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Calhoun View Post
      Well. I cant not get something like this. Is it printable?
      Yes. I am printing a few copies for Transworld. If you are not going to be there send my your email address and I will hook you up with a copy.
      RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
      http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

Sent PM let me know if you got it.
        http://limbohaunt.com
        Twitter: @LimboHaunt

Comment

Working...
        X