paintball haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paintball haunt

has anybody here had experience in running a paintball haunt. im wanting to put one together for this year in october. i would like some help with what i need to do differently to prepare for this. Are there only certain ways you can put a paintball haunt together . please help

What is a paintball haunted house? Do you mean a paintball hayride?
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
      What is a paintball haunted house? Do you mean a paintball hayride?
      i dont want to do a hayride. i want to do a walk through haunt with paintball. Is it something no one wants to do for a reason i dont realize or what? and fyi , is there a way to get an email notification when i get a response?

thanks

Comment

Ahhh! No! No! No! Be careful!
        Hayride = Paintball Safe
        Walk through = NOT Paintball Safe!!

The reason paintball hayrides are popular is because there's always a controlled distance of patrons to guns, gun mounts for safe shooting (so patrons don't shoot each other) and so patrons can't use that big chunk of metal as a real weapon! Do you want someone tripping with a C02 tank attached to their gun, have it get punctured and injure everyone near them?!

There's so many dangerous aspects of a walk through versus a hayride. No insurance company will insure your event if it's a walkthrough paintball.

If you want shooting and a walkthrough, switch to laser tag. Have actors wear vests, attach actuators to props and fx, that's the only safe way to do a shooting anything as a walkthrough.

Have you done a cost analysis? Business plan? Got zoning/building/fire on board?

There's a lot to go into this. I don't say it to discourage you, and I wish you the best of success, but you have a lot to go through and you are taking on quiet a bit. Just take a minute to identify any and all potential hazards/dangers of your idea, try to solve those dangers, if you can't solve those dangers, alter your
        Plan to one that doesn't involve dangers.

Good luck and be careful!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. It's really just a flicker of an idea right now but I was considering using the spring loaded paintball guns that shoot the small paintballs. I don't know if that makes a difference with safety. That's what I've been reading is that someone might shoot another customer and the insurance issues. It may end up being more trouble than it's worth

Thanks

Comment

We have a haunt in the southern part of the state that pays their actors $60 a night and spent $300 per suit for their actors and they cant keep them more than 2 nights each and they are getting hit from 10yrs plus... we are doing something with paintballs but you shoot the actors through a fence which actually breaks the ball on the fence and the actor gets hit with the paint and not the ball. Also you need to watch for customers shooting customers big big legal problem.

Comment

Walk Thru Haunted House

We were at Transworld this year with a Walk Thru Haunted House using JT SplatMaster markers. It was a huge success at the show. This sounds like what you were discussing in the topic of this thread. We also do the haunted paintball trail ride as well here in Bentonville. If you need any assistance by all means let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X