Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attraction layout or 3d image for your Haunt

Hello,
    I am starting up a side business doing floor plan layouts and 3d design for the Haunt industry. I work for a commercial architecture firm by day and am very versed in building codes and design concepts which I have been doing for over 10 years. I have also been involved in the Haunt industry for the last 7 years attending seminars and reading many books on haunt layout, design, construction and scare tactics. Please check out some of my work here and contact me on here or on my personal email (ryanhailey@deadmanor.com) if you are interested in talking about my services.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Last edited by Halloween_fiend2007; 05-23-2014, 10:49 AM.

Time is Ticking!

Time is ticking and Halloween is approaching faster and faster. I have had a resounding response to a need for my services and will no longer be offering them for free as of today except for current projects. Although, I will be taking on fee based projects for the remainder of this season in the amount of around $1 per square foot depending on the project specifics for complete construction documents to build your attraction, which will include a $250 deposit up front to begin work. Please contact me (Ryan Hailey) @ either ryanhailey@deadmanor.com or 419-722-0552 for more information.

Comment

A $1 /sf may be a little high. That's higher than the cost of the lumber needed to build the attraction. For reference, I had about $4,000 into the drawings for my 20,000 sf of attraction.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Thank you for your reply Evilusions,

I would agree for a 20,000 s.f. attraction $1 per s.f. is extreme. This is why I would like people to contact me with specifics so I can tailor the fees to the project. You must realize that some companies are charging up to $6 per s.f. for complete design. Now, that being said I am not unreasonable at all, I just do not want to give my services away or I wont last long in this business. I believe I have a high level of knowledge that I bring to the table and a new way of designing that has yet to been introduced to the industry yet. I am ready and willing to discuss this with anyone interested so please contact me directly if you would like to talk.

Thanks,
        Ryan
        419-722-0552

Comment

Thank you Brian for you comments. I am lowering my fee structure and being more specific to the exact services needed and will be posting them soon.
          Please do not hesitate to contact me to make a deal for services.

Thanks,
          Ryan Hailey
          419-722-0552
          www.deadmanor.com

Comment

Hello Everyone,
            After some contemplation and advice from Bryan at Evilusions I have adjusted my fees as follows.
            1. 2d (CAD) plan design (with construction details)- (minimum charge of $250) $.25 per s.f. up to 15,000 s.f. & 15,000 s.f. & over would be reduced to $.15 per s.f.
            2. 3d (B.I.M.) plan design (with construction details) - (minimum charge of $750) 0-5,000 s.f. = $.75 per s.f. / 5,000-10,000 s.f. = $.65 per s.f. / over 10,000 s.f. = $.50 per s.f. / over 15,000 s.f. would be reduced to $.60 per s.f.
            3. 3d Realistic Renderings of attraction/ rooms (rendering would be $500 per view unless 3d services were already purchased which would warrant a drastic discount)

Thanks,
            Ryan Hailey
            419-722-0552
            www.deadmanor.com

Comment

Just a Refresh!

Comment

Last Call for Design Services

Hear Yee, Hear Yee,
                This is the Last Call for 2014 year Haunt Design Services.

As of August 1st Dead Manor Design will no longer be taking on any New 2014 projects but will be focusing on the 2015 Haunt season.
                Please contact me for scheduling and services @ either 419-722-0552 or ryanhailey@deadmanor.com
                Last edited by Halloween_fiend2007; 07-29-2014, 11:15 AM.

Comment

This is the year you break your record, and smash the competition for Good!

Is this thing on? Testing .... Testing ....

1.. 2....3........

Don't let your competition steal all your customers, make your attraction the talk of the town.

We can design any size haunt, on any budget, just ask and lets see what we can do for you!!!!!!!!!

Comment

http://www.hauntdesignkit.com

People can easily learn how to do this themselves and import them into Layout for printing...been doing this for years now.

-Tyler
                    http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
                    >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

I would agree for the home haunter this is the way go, but for the professional business man, you need someone who understands building codes and federal regulation to design a professional Haunted Attraction.

Comment

Curious...

I can dig on what you are doing, but prices still seem high to me. But maybe I misunderstood...

Are you a licensed architect? Do you have some sort of universal stamp that building departments nationwide will accept as valid?

Are you also a licensed engineer able to produce stamped electrical, mechanical, plumbing, hvac drawings?

Do you carry a liability insurance policy?

My licensed architect produced 8 pages of stamped drawings, including stamped drawings by appropriate licensed engineers, for about $8K for $16,000 sq. feet.

Comment

Dear Sawdust Jones,

Thank you for your response and questions. I am not a licensed architect nor do I carry any universal stamp (nobody does). I do have access to engineers for consulting with If you would have come to me for design services I would have charged you $2,400 for all drawings and construction details. Even if you would have to get a local architects review and signature which could run you an additional $2,000. That still would have been a savings of $3,600 from what you payed. So, I do not believe my fees are expensive in any way. These things take time, especially for a large footprint likes yours. What was included in your 8 drawing package?

Thanks,
                          Ryan Hailey
                          Dead Manor Design
                          www.deadmanor.com
                          dmd@deadmanor.com

Comment

Times are Tough

Hello Everyone,
                            Times are tough so I would like to once again extend my hand to the Haunt community. I am offering up to the first 5 projects presented; 75% off my design services on any Haunted Attraction Design.

Please email me (dmd@deadmanor.com) your Project Information along with a contact name and number to take advantage of this huge discount.

Thanks,
                            Ryan Hailey
                            www.deadmanor.com
                            dmd@deadmanor.com
                            419-722-0552
                            Last edited by Halloween_fiend2007; 06-01-2015, 06:30 AM.

Comment

What would you be willing to pay for Design services?

Due to some comments from others on Haunt World I am tossing around a few rate changes and creating a menu of services that you as a client can choose from. So, tell me what would you be willing to pay for these services on a 2,000 s.f. Haunted Attraction Design?
                              1. Concept 2d Floor Plan Drawing
                              2. 3d Rendering
                              3. Finalized 2d Floor Plan & Code Review
                              4. Construction Details
                              Last edited by Halloween_fiend2007; 06-03-2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X