Makeup Latex versus Mask Making Latex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup Latex versus Mask Making Latex

What's the difference between liquid latex used for your skin versus the kind you use to make masks? I buy the slosh latex by the bucket full. I've applied it to my skin and can't really tell the difference. Any reason I shouldn't just use it instead of buying extra that are labeled specifically for makeup?

A very easy reply. Mask making latex (slush latex) contains more ammonia than makeup latex. That's why it's not good for the face, especially around the eyes.

Comment

I don't mean to detract from the original topic, but can anyone suggest a good place to pick up mask making latex? Everywhere I found it the shipping is outrageous for something in the gallon (or larger) size. Any suggestions?
      Fright Room Productions
      We spend our days and nights thinking of ways to scare you. After all, it's in our blood.
      FrightRoom.com | Facebook | Twitter

Comment

If you are not allergic to latex the only difference is the ammonia content. Mask latex has higher ammonia than a cosmetic latex and balloon latex has a VERY high ammonia content and should NEVER be used for make up as it can burn.
        The mask latex may be harsh to sensitive skins but usually the only problem is around the eye due to fumes floating up into the eye. The mask latex also has more fillers in it which is what helps it cling to the mold when slushing masks.

When stippling a wrinkle effect for zombies or aging there is a third alternative called WATER-MELON. It is latex free so there is no worry about latex allergies, and ammonia free.
        It's good to keep a safer alternative in your kit for those times when it's necessary.

I recommend the use of a skin moisturizer after use of any of these items when doing stretch and stipple on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
        X