Include YOUR haunt in the upcoming haunted attraction trading card series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include YOUR haunt in the upcoming haunted attraction trading card series

Most of us have different jobs besides managing a haunt. Mine is publishing trading cards. (Monsterwax, established 1992.) We’ve published all sorts of horror and sci-fi series, and this year, we’re doing one about escaped lunatics that take over a haunted attraction—victimizing various customers who have no idea that what is behind the mask is worse than what’s on front of it.

I thought it would be fun to include other haunts in the series as well. The story ends with the killers moving to a different haunt in a different town (yours perhaps). So it makes sense to mention other attractions they might go to—plus, it’s a different marketing tool that is bound to add some unease to those who might otherwise feel “safe” inside haunted attractions.

This series is presented in a “true crime” theme, and is realistic and gritty. (It’s what people demand today.) You can include your haunt at the actual cost I pay the printer to make your insert card (which is $39 for 500 full color cards.) That’s just 8 cents a card. You provide the color photo you want for the front (with good resolution, i.e. 350 dpi), and the text you want on the back (about 150 words or less). You should include your website, town, and even your haunt’s phone (if it has one.) I’ll send you at least 100 of the finished cards before Halloween, and I’ll even pay the postage to get them to you. You’re just paying to print your cards, nothing else. The other 400 or so cards will be randomly inserted into the boxes of the product and sold to people who are typically haunted house aficionados.

The title of the series is “Monsters & Maniacs” and it will be available this Halloween. (It will continue to be available until it sells out, which can be two or more seasons.)

These are professional trading cards sold in six card packs. They have foil inserts, original artist sketch cards included, and even a stick of bubble gum in each pack. They will sell via the web (Monsterwax.com), eBay, trade shows (including October’s Philadelphia show), and card collecting magazines like Non-Sports Update and The Wrapper. They can also be sold at the counter at haunts (like ours, the Terror of Tallahassee). The boxes contain 24 packs, the packs are $2 each, so a full box retails at $50.

You can also order extra of your own card if you like ($39 per 500), but you’ll have to pay any added postage to deliver them to you. It shouldn’t be much—whatever the actual cost.

We’ll need everything within a month, but contact me ahead of time if you’re interested because we have limited space. I reserve the right to refuse material that looks amateurish, but I don’t expect to have that problem here. Also, if we get too many or too few takers, me might have to limit participation on those grounds. (Full refunds in either case.) But we want to include you if at all possible, so send me an email if you’re interested.

And in case you’re worried if this is a scam—it isn’t. Our business and our haunt have been around 15+ years, and are easily verifiable. We’ve been on this forum for years, own our own building (moved to it this year!) and you can visit our website at Monsterwax.com and TerrorOfTallahassee.com

[Please note: This offer has expired as the series has gone to printing.]
    Last edited by monsterwax; 12-30-2014, 04:19 PM.
    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

They're here, as promised (or threatened?): haunted house trading cards. It's a gritty and graphic way to sew the seeds of doubt in your audience's mind... is this haunt really safe, or are some of the people here insane? (We could tell, but then we would have to kill you.)

Shot on location at the Terror of Tallahassee (just before it was destroyed), Monsters & Maniacs is a blood feast for the eyes. It follows a gang of killers who commander one of Florida's largest haunted attractions and turn it into a real life slaughterhouse. And when they're done, they move on... to your haunt?

If you enjoy going to haunted houses but can never get away during the season, of you want an innovative way to blur the line between "pretend" and REAL horror for your customers, then Monsters & Maniacs is just the thing. Try putting a box of these gruesome goodies next to your snack bar or ticket booth and watch them add that extra pinch of paranoia to patrons!

Sample packs are $2 (plus 50 cents postage) or get the sealed box with all the extra "evidence" for $50.

Check 'em out at TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Scary Christmas, and a Happy New Fear!
    Last edited by monsterwax; 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM.
    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

I don't understand what you are offering here. GZ

Comment

Working...
      X