Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Iaapa show

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Just got back from IAAPA Show... not a lot of excitement this year. In fact the show was pretty slow a lot of vendors complained it wasn't very busy. The show itself seemed almost identical to the year prior just like always. However there is always something here and there new but when the show it just this big its hard to find it. If you have never been to the show then you continued to make a mistake because this is the show to see for any type of amusement owner. I'm going to post a ton more pics coming up.

IMG_4559.JPGIMG_4561.JPGIMG_4576.JPG

2. Default  
    I will be attending the IAAPA show for one day and will take some snaps and upload. Anyone else going 2017?

Larry

3. Default  
    I went for the first time this year. HUGE show. I've been told "it will ruin Transworld for you", but it really is a totally different show with a different main purpose. I only saw 3 or 4 crossover vendors (could have missed some, since the show floor is so big). More "business" people, kids everywhere... Definitely saw some interesting stuff, lots of cool technology, and the free seminars were nice. Its definitely WAY more organized than Transworld is, which was nice. They pretty much did everything I have been wishing Transworld would do, in terms of organization, dissemination of information about the show and all the vendors.

The Disney Animal Kingdom event Thursday was great as well (they shut down the park and had an IAAPA only event).

Planning on attending next year, but I'm also getting involved with the revamp of an FEC, in addition to the haunt, so it makes sense from that point of view for me.
    -Eric
    Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
    HUSH Haunted Attraction

4. Default  
    Back from IAAPA... this was the first time I've ever attended IAAPA as a buyer. Holy Cow! You see the show from a totally different perspective this way let me tell you. Before I was always going as a vendor then would try to quickly walk the show. Are there things here for haunters... in one word yes. But overall no. It really depends on what you're trying to do if its branch out of haunting then yes you should go but otherwise maybe once every three years or so. Most of everything here you can't buy, can't copy (LOL) or can't afford.

But if you're trying to branch out of haunting you should go. You will also by attending maybe every few years vendors that can help your business NOW. But I've gone to this show for over 20 years and every single year its basically the same this year was no different. Every row of vendors you see something a bit different but pretty much the same. This year there was a ton of VR companies but none that i would say would exciting anyone.

My son has oculus rift and nothing I saw at IAAPA was any better and in some cases worse. Right now the FEC market is exploding tons of great things for this industry without a doubt. Overall nice show had fun and walked about 16 miles over parts of 2 days.

IMG_0627.JPGIMG_0562.JPGIMG_0661.JPGIMG_0697.JPGIMG_0698.JPG

5. Default  
    Sorry for a delay here but I'm going to start adding some photos from the 2018 IAAPA SHOW...

PHOTOS FROM HERE DOWN are 2018.

IMG_0311.jpgIMG_0354.jpgIMG_0347.jpgIMG_0454.jpg

6. Default  

7. Default  

8. Default  
    Quick review of IAAPA 2018... and yes I'll upload a few more pics tomorrow.

The show was pretty much the same show it always is I didn't see anythin really new. I will say this again if you've never been you should go, if you have been go maybe once every two to three years. its worth the trip. Transworld had a huge turn out for their annual party. There wasn't many haunt vendors hardly any really. But many cool things I did see if you're moving your haunts in an entertainment direction its a must show.

IMG_0687.jpgIMG_0665.jpgIMG_0716.jpgIMG_0348.jpg

9. Default  

10. Default  

Thread Information