2015 Ideas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Ideas Thread

What are your ideas and thoughts for the 2015 season? Let's hear em!

Here at Black Forest we are already brainstorming major scenes and rooms as well as animations and props to accompany them!

Anyways, post below your ideas for next year, I'm really interested to see what people have planned.

Tyler
    Black Forest
    THE BLACK FOREST
    22 Years of SCREAMS
    www.facebook.com/BlackForestHaunt

We are toying with the idea of a demon/satanic/witchcraft theme. Going a different route. Very early stages trying a different take on scares.
    Last edited by HauntedDeadEnd; 11-10-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

We are going to do something very Halloween traditional related in Darkness for 2015. We are going to add pumpkins, trick or treaters, witches, and well monsters. LOL

We are also adding a possession scene as well. Overall I want to go traditional across the board wanting to build a London after Midnight section to Darkness.

We are also building an all new haunted house at Darkness as well.

I have something SUPER COOL for Creepyworld the coolest thing we've ever done!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We normally take down every scene of our haunt every year and remodel them/replace them/move them to a new area of the haunt. It's kind of crazy!

But 2014 season, we had some amazing setups that have way too much work in them to tear down and restart. One of them being:

A huge swamp scene with a 10' x 10' shack inside of the room itself as well as a full 8' boat and some 10' gator props on the ground level. We are planning to remodel this into a zombie forest scene, make all the trees more dead looking, the shack will be a zombie style meat/body shack with body parts and such, and a few animations to top off the room. Pretty awesome!

Also, we're are brainstorming up a morgue scene for one of our bigger rooms. One of the whole walls will be morgue drawers with a few of them as animations that shake in and out. There will be a crazy doctor running around offering lobotomies to our guests in there, as well as other props. But my overall plan for this room is to make it sensory overload. We will plan on keeping it for a few years, so It won't be a waste if we do some repainting and aging paint as well as maybe even some subway tile walls and such. (Larry, I'm really inspired by St. Lucifer's hospital at creepy world)

I also think 2015 we will increase our price a little. We are sitting at a 7$ haunt right now, and for we do not make as much as we should for how much work we put in. Maybe going up to a $10 haunt, and budget that extra money into more animations and air props and extra building expenses f or a possible new section.

Overall, i just want to improve everything, I mean, who doesn't? We are going to improve our lighting techniques, improve our sound, more fogged areas, higher detail in areas, more props, and the possibility of adding a whole new outdoor section to the haunt.

Can't wait to hear more ideas!

Tyler
        Black Forest
        THE BLACK FOREST
        22 Years of SCREAMS

Comment

We are also planning to increase from $7 to $10. Largely because we will be adding another floor (amphibian/human experimentation gone wrong area) and beefing up the outside areas.
          I am also excited to add more scares from above the guests, I wish I could have done more of that this year but time and $ ran out on me.
          I have one room that will change completely and have yet to settle on what that will be but I have some ideas.
          Jan
          greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

Yeah, that's what I hear a lot. A few rooms changing. I think it's unreal here that we change every scene every year and rarely do repeat rooms. (20 years of operation) I would love to start saving our rooms so we wouldn't feel so bad about putting so much work into a single scene, year after year. Lol!

I would like to here more about your over the top scares. We have none of those at the time, but have always been fascinated with them. Let me know how it goes for you and what the plans are!

Thanks
            Tyler
            Black Forest
            THE BLACK FOREST
            22 Years of SCREAMS

Comment

I love "Happy-Accidents"

When you accidently discover something good within your haunt that works well,but you didn't plan it. Love-em!"
              People somehow almost always assume they are walking through the basement here when they are actually walking through the first part of my outdoor maze!
              When I first overheard a few people saying:"We are in the basement now." I assumed they were just very.... stupid, Wrong! It was suddenly a very often heard statement from at least every other group!?
              Then some could be heard to remark: "Those look just like Real Stars up there!" (Yes! I have the waiver to actually use real stars in my backyard, nocturnal show!)
              They are now walking through a passageway made using old steel doors, all "white" that I have painted words upon, mostly odd,funny little things, so they are busy pretendig to read them as I reach down from the top of the wall-doors with my home-made monster arm/claw between the door and their eys!
              I built a long walk-way behind the doors with it's own ramp so I can attack from a long stretch of wall distributing my services for quite some distance, spreading the fear from first to last customer if so desired. No sitting on top of a step ladder for me!
              The best method to scare with this monster claw-arm is to make no sound as you reach right infront of them. By elimiating any growl, sound, the human mind has less to work with to analyze what is happening to them-hence more possible fear!
              Pull the arm back out of sight quickly.. "Did that really happen?"
              Self-doubt also leads to more fear.
              "Is your own mind, your own imagination, messing with you?"
              You will never escape from THAT creature because it lives ... inside of YOU!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Land of The Lost

We are brainstorming with a land of the lost dinosaur, lost person theme or a witchcraft demonic theme.

Comment

Not doing much here

Very cold outside and not too warm in my garage, nor my outdoor work area, but I did get some new signage that is on and going to soon be on the Yellow 4-door Jeep.
                  I detest running boards, so the Jeep has none. Instead I cut two long poeces of 1/8 inch thick steel and used the running board's holes to mount a low sign saying "Ravens Grin", white letering on a "Grabber-Blue backround.
                  My grill will soon be sporting a steel cut out image of the Pteradactyl head and a few bones, wing-ribs, and this will attach to the rectangular steel grill-guard I built when I got the Jeep which is attached very solidly to the front of the Jeep frame below and behind the front bumper, which took a lot of figurering and work.
                  As far as the house and themes? Only one theme here. It's a "Haunted" Haunted House with a long haunted and odd actual history, now full of my own creations which I inflict upon wiling, paying, consumers.
                  What will Jim think of next?
                  I do't even know? Makes life more interesting, doesn't it?
                  Some will be screaming and laughing and some might get too scared because...........?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X