Counter weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter weight

I recently had an inquiry as to how we built this. I didn't have any pictures but this was the basic concept. see attached
    Counter weight.pdf
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Im scared to open that file its 666 kb...
    - Ethan Hall, EEK Productions Owner/Operator

Comment

Pulleys!??

Pulleys never seem to work as well as you think they will. Cable or rope de-rails from the pulley as lines jerk, bag down.
      Cables or rope break, knot up at the worst possible time. The main concern should be though, if the pulley just falls apart or comes loose, where will everything end up? Swinging down and smacking someone?
      Have some devoces figured out to stop this from happening , like an extra steel ring the cable or rope is fed through and secure enough to hold back the counter-weight if it breaks at the wort possible moment for the worker or customer, Where will they be standing?
      should they be allowed close access? Prob, not.
      I over-sized a cable controller I made it run inside of a piece of 3 inch pvc.
      Too much cable slack, it may loop, someone's foot or other body part gets pinched when the weight is tightening everything up.
      I have a device that really needs to work well and not fall apart, I eventually went to stainless steel cable ,maybe 3/8 inch thick. no more twisting or kinking .
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lochness View Post
        Im scared to open that file its 666 kb...
        Ha ha ha ha.... Come now, we're not still getting hung up on our fears are we??
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
        X