HauntWorld Breaking News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    Please check out www.hauntworld.com for me and tell me if you find errors.

Thanks Larry
    When you scroll down to where the google map is, the map is not functional unless you hit satellite and change the view; at that point you can go back to the "map" icon and it will work properly. So it just seems to hang up on the initial opening of the page.

Also my haunt is not one of your pumpkin options in Maryland. Twisted Fields of Terror, however you do see our banner when you go to the Maryland page.

Thanks,
    Jack B.

See you next Wednesday!

Comment

Can you check again because I think we fixed it...

ALSO WANTED TO ANNOUNCE SOMETHING...

We have started a massive project on Hauntworld.com to optimize the entire site for the newest Google standards. I've hired one of the best SEO teams to handle everything related to fix any issues Hauntworld has with search engines. Our main focus is to pop up first when searching cities as well... over the next 60 days you're going to start seeing some massive changes in search engine placement for Hauntworld.com

As you know Hauntworld attracts nearly 10 million visitors a year that is more than ANY AND ALL OTHER haunted house related websites COMBINED!

Now you can expect even more traffic. I take this stuff serious so if you haven't already contact Patti and renew or get a new banner patti@hauntworld.com

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I have some breaking news... Transworld is securing a secure 1000 car parking lot for the Transworld vendors in 2017. The city of St Louis released their top tradeshows and the haunt show was the 3rd biggest. So they can't afford to lose it and now they're as I understand it stepping up to the plate to secure the parking lot for the show. I think that is pretty big news.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

This is great news. A vendor buddy of mine had his car broken into two years in a row. This is a great news for everyone.

Comment

Comments on Website

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            Please check out www.hauntworld.com for me and tell me if you find errors.

Thanks Larry

Hey Larry, website looks cool but I've got lots of comments, some easily fixed - some not.

• The site is running some scripts that Chrome identifies as “unsafe” – this could prevent some users from viewing parts of your site, you’ll definitely want to fix that.
            • I’m on the News page – is it News or Blog?
            The URL is doing something really weird when on the main News page, when I scroll down the page it appears to shift from site to site… I don’t really understand what’s happening.
            • On your sidebar of the whole website, the social media icons (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) are very pixelated and look fake. This is easy to fix.
            • The website banner/menu – only News, America’s Best Haunts, and Videos are clickable links. The others you must select something from the drop-down menu. This should be more cohesive for user functionality.
            • I’d love to know more about the people behind Hauntworld. I’m sure others are too, some/most people in the industry may know but newcomers may not.
            • On News/blog posts, the text is being cut up from line to line, instead of the word being shifted down a line. It doesn’t show well and reads poorly.
            o Actually it looks like it does this for all text on the site, not just on the blog posts.
            • The text for America’s Best Haunts is outdated – it mentions 2014
            • The page for Haunted History/Facts has lots of great information on it but is nearly illegible. The first few paragraphs are so SEO heavy that they look like someone with no understanding of the industry wrote them.
            Later on, there’s great info but the strange text colors and sheer volume of text makes it difficult near impossible to read.

Anywho, I've got more and can help with content maybe if you'd like?

I'm eager to get my issue of Hauntworld!

Comment

Hopefully these issues being resolved helps the show. Otherwise I'm not opposed to a different venue still in the Mid-West.

Comment

I will have some BREAKING NEWS from Hauntworld that will like seriously shake the earth, the foundation will crack beneath your feet. LOL

Coming within days.

Also have some major news about Hauntworld itself... traffic was way up. I found out why some of you didn't see traffic from Hauntworld. This dates back to last year.

If you're using Google then we have a secure website so in Google it only shows up as DIRECT TRAFFIC. You can't see any traffic from Hauntworld.com. We only learned about this on roughly October 12th or so... so only since then can you see the traffic we sent. Otherwise it went to DIRECT TRAFFIC.

This has now been repaired.

Hauntworld will also redesign the profiles to make them more mobile friendly.

BIG NEWS within days!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Wanted to announce a few things...

1) We're finally working on a new magazine. Subscribe at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com

2) We have SERIOUS Breaking News that is going to just shatter the industry. Its major league announcement. I will announce it within a couple weeks with some images.

Stayed tuned right here because I'm only announcing it here!!!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

So can you announce this exciting news yet? Brad

Comment

Brad,

Not yet! But hopefully within a week.