No announcement yet.

Transworld Future!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing I can say is that a lot of people compare haunted houses to Universal Studios or Disney. Why not incorporate that somehow!! I'm sure Atlanta is a very pricey area for a convention but it sure would be cool to do a behind-the-scenes tour of Netherworld.

Comment

Could be....

Originally posted by Farmer View Post
      I think in Orlando the show would suffer the same type of problems that it did in Vegas - too many distractions.

Already have several distractions in mind if it does happen. But I think I would still do just as much time on show floor as St. Louis in Orlando. Heck yes I would stay for more days!!!! But it is a rainy day here and I am sitting in office wasting time posting on this instead of working.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Here is the deal ...

You can't move the show to Denver or Vegas that is simply out of the question. Why? Denver is a very isolated city and its west of Kansas City. What do I mean? There is no massive haunt industry there nothing even close to Denver so basically EVERYONE has to make a massive haul to get there especially vendors. Out of the questions even though Denver is a great city. BTW did you hear it snowed like a foot of snow in Denver just two days ago. OUT OF THE QUESTION!

Vegas... again NO WAY! Vegas is expensive for one and two there is NO haunt industry west of KC compared to east of Kansas City. 85% of every haunted house is east of Kansas City so moving the show in the opposite direction is a terrible idea. Secondly all of the haunts in Vegas are modular meaning they are taken down and removed after Halloween. So forget tours. Lastly what a distraction Vegas would be against the show itself. Heck some people might come to buy stuff and lose all their money! LOL

Orlando ... I would say NO! Orlando is in a state that has absolutely NO haunt industry at all its simply dominated by theme parks. Secondly people would be doing the theme parks rather than coming to the show itself. I would again so NO! On the flip side I love Orlando its great but is it the best city for this industry?

Columbus ... NO WAY! There is already MHC there so are you saying merge the two or eliminate one over the other. I will tell you why exactly NO ... the show this year was much better with strict rules against people in costume, higher entry fees, tough security because vendors want to talk to buyers. MHC is the total opposite show. By having MHC you are offering an alternative lets not ruin that because then the main show could be killed.

In reality the show shouldn't moved because its successful right where it is and that is very important. There are only a handful of cities that are so centrally located and guess what two of the three are here in Missouri KC and STL. The other would be Indianapolis. Dallas is kind of central but its south.

Look its like this the industry has to figure out what is important and stay with it because RIGHT NOW the show is growing NOT shrinking.

That is a good thing!

CHEAP HALL - CENTRAL LOCATION - those have to be the two most important aspects to ensuring the show continues to grow.

Most of the vendors are VERY SMALL and have a hard time buying booth space if you don't have cheap rates. You have to keep that in mind.

I think the costs originally for the STL Hall was like 20k while the same sized hall in Chicago was like 120k. Big difference.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Sorry Larry the Weather SUCKS. Two years now we have been delayed from snow/ice.
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Nashville can handle it easy! Decent weather this time of year. Live bands at night on every corner, and bar usually free.. And they love Halloween. Airport and transportation is easy. Some good haunts too. Lots of vacation rentals nearby downtown too where small groups can get killer deals.
            Lived in Denver, good weather (not) You get taxed to death especially downtown.
            Last edited by tonguesandwich; 03-24-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Grim,

The weather sucks where? You didn't mention a city. If you are talking about Denver ahhh yeah the whole city is covered in snow. St Louis the weather has been nearly perfect. The great thing about St Louis is the weather in the fall and spring. Summer sucks big time because its really hot here. Winter is so so it doesn't snow much and many days you can wear shorts. But spring its always like 60 to 80 degrees. Fall it hardly rains and its a cool 50 to 70 degrees.

I think I can say with confidence that the weather here in St Louis has been great!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

St Louis Larry. Love the city but the weather sucks. Ice/Snow = Nightmare for all fliers. It was not perfect we waited in line at the darkness and it was fucking cold. The next day it snowed. Like the city the weather sucks.
                Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

i vote dallas, lol

dallas would be a great place, it would be like in the middle.
                  sigpic
                  Boomtownscare.com
                  Boomtownhouseofterror.com

Comment

Sorry guys..I went nuclear

I have a habit of cutting to the chase or going to top of totem pole . Contacted personnel from Transworld Show about this thread. Am told they will weigh in soon. Figured might as well have them disgorge any info they have gleaned on other locations such as hall costs, and maybe heard from other conventions what it is REALLY LIKE working with the convention hall, load in - load out, hotel situation etc. I mean I mentioned Louisville Ky, and then investigated it some myself today. Red flag there, it is a 300 acre complex. For you city dudes, a square mile is 640 acres. And looking over the layout there are SEVERAL hotels and 4000 rooms bordering the complex BUT everyone is at least a 1/4 mile walk to show floor some 1/3 mile. The parking lot is MASSIVE, but you have to cross the massive lot walking from hotels. I have a sneaky suspicion vendor load in & out and dealing with the hall is even better than St. Louis; farmers don't tend to put up with bullshit.

Nashville...I would love to hear some info on that. The stuff VENDORS want to hear, and proximately of hotel rooms. St. Louis will be hard to beat on hotel closeness.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by Grimley View Post
                      It NEEDS to be in the South where you dont have to worry about snow and ice delays. And yes most people fly. So Houston, Dallas, Orlando, New Orleans. I missed my connection Sunday due to the damn snow storm. The weather is just too unpredictable. Here it was 85 degrees
                      Being in SC I couldn't agree more 😀😀😀 it was in the 70's while we were gone.
                      Originally posted by MDKing View Post
                      It won't, and shouldn't, go anywhere near Denver. That's far too west for the overwhelming majority of haunts which are in the mid west and east coast. It's fine right where it's at or another Midwestern city other then Chicago. Orlando is always ideal as well.

Allan

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
                      O'Shawn McClendon
                      Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

just my 2 cents!

i say move it to the best place and price that works for the show get that cost down not all us haunts make that big green also if the cold is a problem move it a month so many little things can be done but no state is set to be perfect or have perfect weather flight delays and stuff can happen any place you go!

Comment

I coming for you!

Originally posted by topthrillryan05 View Post
                          i say move it to the best place and price that works for the show get that cost down not all us haunts make that big green also if the cold is a problem move it a month so many little things can be done but no state is set to be perfect or have perfect weather flight delays and stuff can happen any place you go!
                          You take back that "move it a month" (can only mean April not Feb) or I will come Roundup your whole yard, your kids yard, your grandkids yard and your great grand children's yard. In April/May you would lose the farm haunts attending. Midwest is always in June even closer to me than St. Louis. Been going to Transworld since Chicago but can NEVER make Midwest with farm work. Guys a little south can sneak to Midwest after planting.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

For me yes it's the trade show and a great time to purchase, network and meet up with friends from across the country. At the same time it's usually the first time out of the state after a long boring winter. Would be nice to see a different environment. I guess if the show doesn't move it's time for a show overhaul, how many times can we keep going back and doing the same thing!

Comment

San Antonio

San Antonio just expanded it's convention center (Henry B Gonzalez) We have been getting more and more comic-cons here it seems. The convention center is similar to St Louis in that there are hotels connected to and directly across the street from the convention center...The weather is beautiful, not too hot, not too cold this time of year also. Plenty to see and do, all within walking distance of the convention center.

Comment

St Louis is really centrally located, can't imagine moving it from there.

DA

Comment

Working...
                                X