Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Ride Problems

Hello!

Hoping to get input from anyone who has dealt with Ghost Ride Productions before.

I ordered a head from them way back on February 19th. After hearing nothing from them by late March, I started calling and emailing them to find out how to pay for the product. I left 5+ messages, and never heard back. I approached them at their booth at Transworld asking where we were in the process (it had now been over a month). They told me they had been busy, and should have called and let me know, but they would work on it ASAP. To their credit, the owner was at the booth, and gave me a slight discount and free shipping on the head to make up for the problems. I thought this was the end of it, but I was wrong.

When I returned from the tradeshow, I placed an order for around $1,000 through their website. This was on March 23rd. Shortly after, I received the head I had originally ordered, so I figured this was all behind us.

On April 15th (23 days after I placed the larger order), I received an email stating that there had been some "confusion" between the large order and my original order back in February. They apologized, sent me an invoice for the 50% due on the new order, and promised to move the order to the front of the queue and ship within a few days. I paid the invoice, and called them a week later when I had not heard anything.

Fast forward to today, almost three weeks later. Still no communication from them. I called and emailed again this morning, asking if I should go ahead and send the remaining 50%, and when my products would ship. I write this post assuming, like before, there will be no response or communication from them. We're now 42 days after the order was placed, and I still haven't been directed as to how to handle payment.

A quick search of the forums indicates I am not the only one frustrated by them. Should I send the remaining 50% of payment in hope that it moves things along, even without an invoice? It seems with the confusion in the past, sending payment without an invoice may compound the situation even more. I normally am very patient, but this has to be the WORST customer service I've received in the 15 years I've been in the industry. The lack of communication when placing an order, paying for an order, or responding to inquiries is completely unacceptable. At this point I simply hope to get the products I ordered, walk away, and not do business with them again for fear of being ripped off.

If the point is of any value- the original head I received is great quality, but not worth the hassle of dealing with the company.

Your thoughts or advice?

Originally posted by crazybob View Post
    H Should I send the remaining 50% of payment in hope that it moves things along, even without an invoice?
    No.

It is busy season, but it would be to every vendor's benefit to hire or assign one person to deal primarily with communications and customer relations.
    It's not all that hard to keep customers up to date on their hard-earned money.
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Abunai View Post
      No.

It is busy season, but it would be to every vendor's benefit to hire or assign one person to deal primarily with communications and customer relations.
      It's not all that hard to keep customers up to date on their hard-earned money.
      Agreed. Their site says their busy season begins in July, so according to them it's not necessarily even the busy season. I do imagine they have tons of orders to fulfill from Transworld. I'd be fine with the situation if someone would just tell me they're busy, and expect delays. It's the fact that nobody seems to care enough to even return my calls or emails that bothers me.

Comment

You will get your stuff. It will be awesome. You placed your order after the show, so that means everyone at the show who placed an order ahead of you are going to get there props first. You should have placed your order at the show.

Comment

That wasnt that hard

Crazybob - Thanks for your heads up. Been there before and it sucks when you cant get any updates on orders placed. I really don't care how busy someone gets, there is not excuses for NO communication. If the details are correct, sounds like you were more than patient. Info like this helps with future purchases.

PB

Comment

Update

Update 5/5/16:

Christine from Ghost Ride called and left me a message today. When I called back, I spoke with Michael, the president of the company.

It sounds like a series of small errors led to this, from an email about my original order not coming through to me, to my second order falling through the cracks while being mixed up with my first order.

Michael was very pleasant to speak with, and acknowledged that the main problem was a severe lack of communication on their end. My order is now shipped, and according to Michael, includes extra product to make up for the problems I've had.

Let me say- the one head we have from them is AMAZING quality. If everything arrives and is good quality (which I can only assume it will be), this will have been a matter of lack of communication only and I will consider it completely rectified. It's too bad it had to get to this point to begin with, but it appears they are going out of their way to fix the situation.

I'll post an update when I receive the order. I assume others who have read this may consider ordering from Ghost Ride in the future, and don't want to scare anyone off if all is taken care of in the end.

Comment

Still waiting...

I placed a multi-thousand dollar order, and paid for it in its entirety, right before Transworld, and have yet to get a receipt for it. I have not yet received my product, due in part to my leaving open a question as to exact finish of a few of the pieces, however, that would not affect the issuance of a receipt and even after answering those questions, I have not gotten a receipt.

I have no doubts I will get the product I ordered, but I owe my investor a receipt for his money spent, and they keep asking where it is.
              Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 05-08-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Update

UPDATE 5/10/16

Our products arrived today, and of course, are great quality. Michael included extra product to make up for the problems we had, which also is great quality. Hopefully our order was just a glitch- They have completely taken care of the problems for us and we will be ordering again from them in the future.

Comment

<rant>
                  I was going to spend a couple of thousand last year through a website order. I had a question about it, and twice filled out their website contact form and was never contacted. I don't care how awesome the props look... I won't order from a company this slack on communications. All I ever read about is trouble and delays. To make it worse you'll have mega-haunt owners chime in and say "no way! they respond immediately! Their support is 100%!" So it's obvious they are selective on good service. Uhg. It's annoying with such obviously talents folks don't have any business sense. We seem to have a lot of that in this industry. I suppose it's because most are forced to have unrelated day time jobs. But still... it's so easy to respond via emails these days.
                  </rant>

Comment

Originally posted by mrfoos View Post
                    <rant>
                    I was going to spend a couple of thousand last year through a website order. I had a question about it, and twice filled out their website contact form and was never contacted. I don't care how awesome the props look... I won't order from a company this slack on communications. All I ever read about is trouble and delays. To make it worse you'll have mega-haunt owners chime in and say "no way! they respond immediately! Their support is 100%!" So it's obvious they are selective on good service. Uhg. It's annoying with such obviously talents folks don't have any business sense. We seem to have a lot of that in this industry. I suppose it's because most are forced to have unrelated day time jobs. But still... it's so easy to respond via emails these days.
                    </rant>
                    I've heard similar stories, but I always like to keep in mind that generally, those who have had no problems with a company are less likely to post about it. As a business owner myself, I know that the eight negative reviews of you online may not represent the thousands of satisfied customers.

I'm still disappointed with how hard it was to get ahold of someone there. I just think it's important to state that my situation was rectified completely, and having no other experience with Ghost Ride, I cannot claim in good faith that this is a common problem with them. Hopefully the problem I had was just a one-time problem, the result of some stupid mistake. To me, the main thing is a full and honest post FOLLOWING UP on the results so others can make the decision for themselves whether or not to order from a company.

Comment

I've only had great interaction with Ghost Ride. I would go as far as to say he's the most stand up guy in the entire industry. Few would rival him but there are some great ones but he's in the top five all day long. Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Communication is Key

There are always different factors that go into each and every order. Sometime it the customers issue and sometimes the vendor, and I am also positive that names carry weight in a lot of these cases and how they turn out.

My point is no matter how good a product, if you cant rely on communication, good, bad or ugly, then you anit getting any of my hard earned $$.

Customers is what allows all of us to do what we do, and if you cant spend a few minutes keeping customers in the loop, within reason, you are going to miss out on sales and drive your good name in the dirt.

I know customers can be a pain in the A@$, but there are no good excuses for super late or No communication at all.

Being burned in the past, it is always nice to see issues brought up here and how companies handles problems that arise, as it helps me gauge where my money will go.

Just say......

Comment

Then why can't I get a simple receipt from them for a $6000+ PAID IN FULL order?

Problem resolved.
                          Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 01-08-2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I have placed small orders from them in the past with no problem. I received them within a month after placing the order. However my last order that I place in January just arrived a couple days ago. I too have tried to contact them several times with no response and was getting nervous. I am a small home haunt and can only afford small orders at a time and get worried when I don't get a response requesting an update on the order. I like the products from ghost ride and will continue to order from them despite the apparent hiccup, but do hope they fix their customer service problem. I also realize that they are becoming a leader, or are already are a leader in the industry and are taking several new customer orders. That might be why orders were shipped out late, but who knows, I know I was left in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've left two text messages and a phone message in the last week on the owner's phone

Problem resolved.
                              Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 01-08-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X