Venom VFX No prop delivered...no answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venom VFX No prop delivered...no answer

Had to go dispute route today with Credit card company. No light ever came from a $800 order paid for in Macrh at Transworld with Visa card. When ever I call all I get is "something about "user has not set up ......". Same thing credit card company gt trying to contact them.

So...here it is in public. probably get some action this way.

Wicked Farmer

Try him at this number 585-491-1804.

Allan

Comment

A little too late for that...

I used the number on his billing receipts. Credit card company simply will reverse charges since product not delivered and I open Friday. I tried calling the provided number on receipt throughout summer. This was a light I ordered AT THE SHOW 6 months ago. I waited till last possible moment.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Same problem

I also placed an order with no response to emails or calls and no product. It's a shame this happens every year with a few vendors from transworld.

Comment

I almost bought several things from them at TW but they didnt like the way they had no information on their products on paper. He kept saying just go to the website. Glad I passed on this one. This just sucks!
          Greg Allen
          scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
          www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Ok guys

We picked up their product line this year and have been selling a fair amount without any issue at all. I must admit that their communication is not the best at times but they are stand up guys and I honestly don't think they are looking to rip anyone off. I will alert them to this thread and the urgency of taking care of you guys.

Doug.
            www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
            [Google+] [YouTube]
            [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

We open our 2016 season ...

in 45 minutes. But I wanted to jump back on here and say Venom VFX called me tonight. They say it shipped out long time ago. It is not here. we are talking again Monday morning. They are rebuilding and shipping ASAP they say. So; though I am running out the door I wanted to update ASAP and say they are taking care of this.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Time to rebuild but not time to communicate?

Stand up guys would communicate with their customers, especially who have PAID for a order. Sounds like WF tried to let them know about his order not showing up and then dragging him through broken glass to get the order canceled. Always nice to know about these company's and how they handle this problems. Been bite before and will not give my money to any company with this kind of service! Hope you get your product WF.

Comment

Part of problem...

Was they changed phone numbers. Old phone number rang and I got a recorded message "user has not yet activated a voicemail..." or something similar. Giving me the impression I was being ignored...when they were not getting call. They say they shipped and then never hearing from me expected all is fine. I was LITERALLY 40 minutes from opening when they called so our call will resume Monday with a phone call. They are remaking prop this weekend.

I went back through all my storage to make sure I didn't misplace a prop that came during spring planting or summer wheat harvest. No light fixture there. They are going to check shipping order etc. and see if we can figure out what happened.

WF

Comment

Hmmmmmm....

So they sent out the original order "long ago". But needed my address to ship to me this time.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Update.....what I received Sept 21

I want to start out that Venoms stuff is great. The flickering light I ordered looked awsome at the show! Created that creep factor and great mood. And then being able to tie in a drop mechanism and sound to it hiding a scare right in plain sight right over customers head is GREAT. Other stuff they had on display looked nice too!

However; this leads right into why I love what Doug is doing at Frightprops. Frightprops is bringing in a lot of great prop MAKERS into his extensive catalog. I and another above did not receive prop ordered. (I have received a shipment yesterday now) What I got was very disappointing. Order came in 2 boxes marked "FRAGILE HANDLE WITH CARE" orange stickers. Came in the standard Fed Ex truck...you know how those packages get handled during loading...etc. There was absolutely no padding in box. just a request to kind of say "Hey; we know this package is going to be tossed 5 feet, ran on conveyors and dropped..so we put a orange FRAGILE sticker on it and crossed our fingers' Well after reading directions for remote and making sure battery is engaged (remotes blue light comes on) ,power supply to light plugged in........light does not work. There also is no chain to hang it. I did not get a prop...but I got all the pieces parts so I can install all the push pull hose connectors into the solenoid and air cylinder for drop mechanism.

So I am putting it aside. Credit card dispute will stay in place and I will drop off everything at booth next March. Should be no problem as march to Sept was 6 months Venom had my money tied up. i'll just hold this 6 months and drop off in March at their booth.

You can order the flickering light through Frightprops...and I am guessing it will come better protected. What I got, you can order and piece together from Frightprops for about $642 with cylinder, cylinder hook up kit, and a picoboo. I paid Venom over $800 in original order.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Won my court case against Chris Conlon of Venom F/X

In January of 2016 I contacted Chris Conlon the owner of Venom f/x to make me some marketing videos. Payed him $800. Provided him with tons of video from our haunt.
                        To this day I have not received anything from him but excuses. This week I won my small claims case against him. He didn't even show up to court. I don't think I will ever see my money from him.
                        The worst part of all this is I let him join our haunt to open some escape rooms to get them started in our area. I was hoping that maybe I would get the videos before we opened for the 2016 season. He not only screwed me on the videos he also screwed me on all his promises for the escape rooms. As Transworld approaches please think twice before dealing with him. He is a great bullshit artist.
                        In Darkness they hunt the living
                        http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

Screwed up mess

I was just going to sit by quietly stewing and not kick this dead horse again...but since reading about court case I am going to vent. I have spent quite a bit of time on phone with credit card company. I have provided them all info asked for and more. Like copies of several others who posted in on a haunt Vendor review on facebook started up by owner of Gore Galore. This Haunt Vendor review had several with same problems AND even Venom VFX owner joining in there admitting to problems.

Credit card company said they wanted to know within 2 months of purchase if there was a problem. Try explaining to them that we put in orders not expecting to see anything for 3-4 months later. I went up chain of command with Visa going up 4 different supervisors of supervisors levels.

I am kind of looking forward to dropping off the non working light and all the pieces of air line fittings dropping the pile of shit in Venoms booth. I can't believe it BUT THEY ARE ACTUALLY ON THE TRANSWORLD SCHEDULE.

Pissed Off Farmer

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro. Let us know how it all turns out. Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

more complaints on haunt vender review

I was turned onto this Facebook page Haunt vendor review. https://www.facebook.com/groups/764567573606370/
                              Please check it out. Venom F/X has a few complaints on there as well.

Thanks Larry, I doubt I will ever see my money but I will keep you updated if anything happens.
                              Good luck on the move to a better spot for the Darkness!
                              In Darkness they hunt the living
                              http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X