Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make the haunt industry just the haunt industry again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the haunt industry just the haunt industry again!

Does anyone else miss the days when the haunt industry stood on its own before it be coming the haunt industry/escape game industry? It seems like people are more focused on escape games then haunts. Maybe it's just me but I'd much rather see haunt things and go to a great haunt rather then be stuck in a room and bored with a group of strangers (or even friends) figuring out puzzles. I will be glad when this fad passes and people focus on haunts again!

DA

Here is what I think - I don't think haunted house owners are thinking this is the escape room/haunt industry. What I think is more accurate is haunted house owners are looking at more ways to create revenue year around. I have yet to talk to anyone who says the escapes are making them more money than their haunted house. Haunt owners are also opening thru out the year be it Valentines Day, Scream Break or different Friday the 13ths. When it comes to Transworld HAA Show I think they're only looking to expand the show and make it bigger. Rather than focus on escapes I'd like to see more Halloween retail or merge the two shows back together. I'm sure that is a pipe dream but one can hope.

I actually went to this years Halloween Show in New Orleans. The show is still big with lots of vendors but very few buyers. You could walk up and talk to any vendor at any time. They also still have a lot of hot models! Whoops!

So in short if I'm going to agree with you then I'd say lets get the Halloween retail industry back in the fold. The show should be about Halloween overall but also helping haunted house owners explore new ways to expand.

Comment

Dag... And I was just about to open a an escape room multiplex

20 escape rooms all in one complex. People could go through all twenty for as cheap as $300 per person. We offer in-house financing too.

Comment

I think the haunted house industry is simply moving in the direction to open other types of attractions. Everyone who quit their other jobs wants to stay busy.

Comment

We have not done escape games but interested in anything that raises revenue. I don't disagree with DA actually, want to stay focused on haunts, however not opposed to hearing about new ways to increase the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
          X